Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Price increase - Page 3 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Price increase

New Emira

1 hour ago, Vipers said:

Saying that I still want my Emira so will continue to wait patiently and hope we don't get hit by another price rise before it arrives.

I think the issue moving forward will be 'when and how much' will the further increases be.

Clearly Lous are OK increasing by a relatively high amount, despite the assurances etc and with later deposit holders possibly 18 to 24 months from seeing the car, there could easily be a couple of additional price raises to contend with. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is the scale of the Emira pricing increase consistent globally, or does it differ by market?

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

3 hours ago, Jack Stone said:

Is the scale of the Emira pricing increase consistent globally, or does it differ by market?

I can't speak for Porsche, but the BMW configurator went up by 1k against a 63k car. 1.4% ish.

I think 8% is high, but I suspect its covering an earlier rise that they decided against or (hopefully for deposit holders) its also covering a future rise that they would have otherwise added in normal circumstances. 

See my earlier post in this thread... 😒

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

On 19/02/2023 at 10:31, Jack Stone said:

It will vary by market as taxation is very different between countries

• Like 1

Spoke to customer services about the deposit and they have really no idea.  I'm told emails come in and seem to then be distributed out to be addressed and nothing can be done until they get back to me on email.  The person I spoke to was fine but they're a total shambles and just aren't set up for responding to what seems to be a lot of cancelations.  Piss poor service, so add that to the list of issues.

• Like 1

Do you know what, that is just pure, unadulterated shite. A couple of days to process and then initiate a bank transfer which can be same day, or 48 hours.

Just how has Lotus 2.0 improved over Lotus 1.0?

I got emailed an invoice this morning for £1800. I paid it and the company confirmed receipt of payment within 4 hours today.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

28 minutes ago, New Emira said:

Spoke to customer service regarding deposit return who said it would take at least a month but couldn’t give me a date - sounds all too familiar !

I was told they aim for 14 days.  Utter bullshit.  It's 14 days to pull their thumbs out.  

Meanwhile, they just emailed me asking if I wanted to cancel an Emira or Eletre.  Well, the subject was "Emira cancellation" and the email body had references and receipt numbers for the order but don't let that worry you! 🙄

Never again.

Edited by SpeedMatters
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, SpeedMatters said:

I guess they're trying to get under the 1000 cars a year to keep making V6s and the EU happy.

It is 10,000 sold in europe so Lotus is exempt for sure

• Like 2

On 22/02/2023 at 16:16, SpeedMatters said:

I was told they aim for 14 days.  Utter bullshit.  It's 14 days to pull their thumbs out.  

Meanwhile, they just emailed me asking if I wanted to cancel an Emira or Eletre.  Well, the subject was "Emira cancellation" and the email body had references and receipt numbers for the order but don't let that worry you! 🙄

Never again.

Yes it is utter chaos just trying to get the deposit back just imagine the hassle in resolving an issue with the car. Will post when it is received.

After much deliberation, I decided to cancel my order over the weekend and sent Customer Care an email 1st thing on Monday requesting acknowledgement. The phoned then later on to Customer Care only to be told that they are currently busy processing customer requests however as the Customer Care agent confirmed that they were duty bound for a 14 business day deposit return (which I sent back again in email).

Phoned again on Wednesday as not received any acknowledgement to my original/updated email to be  told the system has no correspondence from me!!!!! However the agent was very efficient and asked me to reply to my prior email and she would pick it up straight away. Waited on the phone and now got my acknowledgement back and email has been passed to Lotus accounts. Here is hoping that they process the order in a timely manner.

George

• Like 1

They gave me the same speech about not being able to find it and I replied again to my own message and amazingly it appeared to them.  I'm not in the queue to get mine back as well so I'll race you. :)

Maybe this is Colin's way of making me buy an Exige instead.  Good luck with the refund and whatever you get next.

On 22/02/2023 at 15:53, New Emira said:

Spoke to customer service regarding deposit return who said it would take at least a month but couldn’t give me a date - sounds all too familiar !

I cancelled - sent a simple email to customer services.

I got a reply either the same day or the next day acknowledging and stating i would receive refund in 14 working days. 

Money was in my account 9 days later.

The really sad thing is they didnt ask why or if they could do anything to change my mind.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

construction and property consultants : My company

On 22/02/2023 at 16:06, C8RKH said:

Do you know what, that is just pure, unadulterated shite. A couple of days to process and then initiate a bank transfer which can be same day, or 48 hours.

Just how has Lotus 2.0 improved over Lotus 1.0?

I got emailed an invoice this morning for £1800. I paid it and the company confirmed receipt of payment within 4 hours today.

Otherwise no more wine 😍

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 24/02/2023 at 19:03, SpeedMatters said:

They gave me the same speech about not being able to find it and I replied again to my own message and amazingly it appeared to them.  I'm not in the queue to get mine back as well so I'll race you. :)

Maybe this is Colin's way of making me buy an Exige instead.  Good luck with the refund and whatever you get next.

Get the Exige, far more exciting motor….

• Gold FFM

Isn't there some sort of T&Cs that accompanies paying a deposit?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)