Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How long till more Emiras than Evoras for sale. - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How long till more Emiras than Evoras for sale.

MrBlueSky

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I get the feeling that a lot of emira deposit holders have been spooked or pissed off by the delays, poor communications from HQ, price rises, then mixed reviews on the car. Hardly surprising that some want deposit back.

Not good for the brand and probably not helpful in raising awareness of it's Evora brother.

Interestingly only 2 Evoras on either PistonHeads or Autotrader that could be called run out models, ie GT410 and less than 5 year old. Some of these had been sitting for ages on forecourts but possibly now taken by deposit returners.

His post is like Keir Starmer's policy paper. Full of big gaps.

To keep on topic, do we have any way of knowing how many Emiras have now been delivered to UK customers?  It would provide a good idea as to how many cars were bought by enthusiasts, versus speculators me thinks.

Thanks

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

22 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

His post is like Keir Starmer's policy paper. Full of big gaps.

To keep on topic, do we have any way of knowing how many Emiras have now been delivered to UK customers?  It would provide a good idea as to how many cars were bought by enthusiasts, versus speculators me thinks.

Thanks

SMMT reports 64 cars registered in Jan and 55 in Feb.....I suppose they will all be Emira, (unless a Evija or Eletre has been registered.)

So, potentially 119 Emiras registered and 21 Emiras on Autotrader (just looked) so that is almost 18% of Emiras registered are currently for sale.  if we assume 19 cars are dealer demo's, then that rises to 21% of Emiras sold as being for sale. Wow!

At that rate of registrations Lotus should expect around 800 Emira's to be sold in the UK this year. That's what, around 4 times what the Evora sold in a very good year, and around 10 times more in a normal year. They must be happy with that.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

But the figures reported by SMMT will start including Eletre before the end of the year. The homwmanyleft web site takes at least 3 months to get updated it seems, so by this time next year will have a better idea and can see Emiras registered vs Eletre.. Hendy Exeter have not got their 'new' demo Emira registered yet I don't think.

SMMT figures by year from 2012 to current

237 256 235 375 339 279 247 225 171 226 176 119

Production is increasing exponentially so you can't extrapolate this years figures from 3rd party Jan/Feb registrations. Also bear in mind the number of Feb deliveries that would have been deferred to 1st March for the new reg. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 11/03/2023 at 15:18, C8RKH said:

So, potentially 119 Emiras registered and 21 Emiras on Autotrader (just looked) so that is almost 18% of Emiras registered are currently for sale.  if we assume 19 cars are dealer demo's, then that rises to 21% of Emiras sold as being for sale. Wow!

At that rate of registrations Lotus should expect around 800 Emira's to be sold in the UK this year. That's what, around 4 times what the Evora sold in a very good year, and around 10 times more in a normal year. They must be happy with that.

The number of vehicles sold could be so much higher if Lotus hadn’t peed off so many of its customers (me included). I hope that all works out well but I’m quite sure that as the volumes increase the inadequacies of the dealer network and sketchy part availability will rear their ugly head.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

AT today = Emira 45 vs Evora 19.

The Emira classified prices range from £75k to £92k.

The five advertised 2018 & 2019 GT410 Sport Evoras (closest and most recent equivalent model to Emira) have prices of £65k to £70k, so not far off parity, considering that they’re 4 or 5 years old now and have covered higher mileages.

There's 24 Evora's on Pistonheads though. Evora is one of the few cars where Pistonheads listings actually outnumber Autotrader. (Similar with some Ferrari models).

We've also reached the point where Evora halo model (GT430) is consistently sitting around £100k when they come up for sale.

The military grey Sport 410 that is for sale on here would be my choice, £15k cheaper and more focused.

Hi all, been quietly watching prices for a while (too long actually!) waiting the right car.   I think there are so few Evora’s (410 variants) that prices are fairly random.   There have been a few in the £70k bracket in the last 12 months and most have sat around for ages unsold - or have reduced (like the red one at Bam at the moment).   I suspect they are just testing the market as much as they can and time will tell if they are right.   My first choice is an Evora but if Emira becomes cheaper then it will give me something to think about!

• Like 1

While I appreciate your strategy and generally agree with your thoughts, I do think that sellers of both Evora and Emira are testing the water. 

Why else would these be so many Emira's for sale?

Everything will sell at a price.

Ive just sold my faultless RenaultSport Clio on Monday. I advertised at what I  thought was a realistic price to sell and it sold in 1 week but there are 10+ similar cars all been up for weeks, but they are looking for £2k (20%) extra. I'd say they are all testing the water too.

• Gold FFM

I'd say the GT line (and for that matter Sport 410) are not really cross-shoppable with the Emira.

They are aimed at different customers IMO. No reason the more focused Evora shouldn't be largely independent in used value to the Emira.

• Like 1

Neither the Evora nor the Emira are ever going to be rare and collectable. Market conditions will always set the price, not rarity. At the moment there is not much money about for weekend toys so the market has softened. Emira’s are not selling. Prices will fall unless the market picks up very soon. I can’t see any sign of that unfortunately. Emira prices fall then so will the Evora.

• Like 2

Yeah, i didn’t really mean that Evora pricing is based on how rare they - more that there are so few to baseline prices against.   No idea tbh if Emira/Evora pricing is related that much.   For my use case I would be happy with either one.   (Had Exige/Elise and need something softer now).   Until I buy I will be happy for the prices to keep falling (sorry 🤣).  Definitely in a wait and see holding pattern for now. 

44 Emiras for sale on Autotrader today versus 17 Evoras (which I think is around the norm). Those numbers have to worry Lotus, especially with the recently announced price increases across the board. Will the i4 versions fare any better? I doubt it unless all of these FE Emiras up for sale are just speculators trying to get out of the market.