Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How long till more Emiras than Evoras for sale. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How long till more Emiras than Evoras for sale.

MrBlueSky

Around 18 months ago there was a lot of chat about whether the price of newish Evoras would tank with the release of the new kid Emira. I had just taken delivery of my dream new Evora but did worry a bit that it would be a long time before I would be comfortable with the financial implications. 

Fast forward 18 months and I'm feeling more comfortable that Evora depreciation might yet match its Elise/exige brothers glacial rates.

Curious to know what everyone's thoughts are on how the ratio of Evoras to Emiras for sale will influence perceptions about relative value and at what point the Evora becomes rarer?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Mr Bluesky 

I think started the thread on this matter in terms on how Emira will affect overall values of an Evora.

having not seen in flesh or test drive an Emira I reserve full commitment however from what I have seen and heard the Evora will be a bit of left field car and especially in 2+2 mode 

no doubt the quality is much better overall I envy the interior of Emira but I think the drive experience on a like 4 like basis is not a huge difference ? 
I base this on V6 version no idea of the 4 pot ? 

• Gold FFM

The value of mine has no doubt plummeted by maybe a handful of 2p pieces. The only thing that allows me to sleep at night is the sheer pleasure I’ve had driving it.

• Like 1

Only here once

Yes, I agree the Evora will probably remain a left field choice but was thinking more on how the rank preference within the Emi/evor platform might place each variant in time.

We all delight in the various incarnations within the elise platform, with individual preferences for Elise S1 or exige 410 or 340R, and prices are shifted to allow for rank preference and rarity. Might that also happen with the Evora/emira platform.

Perhaps the amg i4 engine will be the most highly valued in time?

Sorry, didn't mean to bore on about financial values per se. I  love my GT410, my perfect car in current circumstances and if values trail Emira, so be it.

I was thinking more about the longer term implications for the perception of the Evora range, particularly if Emira success brings a recognition that the platform is very close family to Emira.

• Like 2

I am not a knowledgable person when it comes to predict how prices behave or whether something becomes a sound investment etc

i do know that for now and as Iong as I can I will drive my car for sheer enjoyment , if I can’t drive for health reasons then I hope my daughter will inherit it for her enjoyment ? If she changes her mind or the world against fossil fuel cars then so be it but I would had got my enjoyment out of car in that time 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, without any reference to monetary value, but based purely on availability......

Autotrader tonight has...

18 Evora for sale

18 Emira for sale

As an aside, I got a text from Lotus telling me that part exchange values for all Lotus was at an "all time high" so if I was considering selling to pop in for a chat.

Comforting... but I'm sticking with my bloody gorgeous 410GT.

I personally have decided to set my Evora 400 aside for retirement. Will be perfect classic car in 20 years for rallyes and classic cars meet. Values won’t go much more down before they start picking up because of inflation so except the very recent ones, depreciation is over.

• Like 2

I got that same email @MrBlueSkyand my Evora ain't going anywhere.

@par my Evora will be used, maintained and loved over the next 20 years. After seeing @JayEmm's video with the 160k mile Ferrari 360 I hope to get my Evora to 200k miles! 😜

It's all paid for so not interested in its monetary value, just its value in smiley miles.

• Love 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

One of the Evoras is duplicated three times so Emiras have actually overtaken in numbers.

I had the chance to order an Emira, in blue but my thinking now is I’m happy I didn’t, I feel having an Evora is more unique which I’ve always connected to being a Lotus owner.

Next question will be “How long until a Emira is cheaper than a run out Evora?”

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Just for a laugh, I periodically put in my Evora into We Buy Any Car. Even their valuation on my Evora has risen £900 in last 3 months.

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Yeah, but I bet it's still a crap price 🤣

£34600 with mine. So yeah about 15%-20%? short of a proper valuation.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I fear if we all put our Evora reggs into WBAC the algorithm will devalue even more than normal, under the mistaken assumption we all now want to trade up for an Emira!!!

Not quite brave enough to put my reg in.

3 hours ago, Timbotucker said:

One of the Evoras is duplicated three times so Emiras have actually overtaken in numbers.

I had the chance to order an Emira, in blue but my thinking now is I’m happy I didn’t, I feel having an Evora is more unique which I’ve always connected to being a Lotus owner.

Next question will be “How long until a Emira is cheaper than a run out Evora?”

Yes, like that question. Will be watching.

I think you'd have to be mad, desperate or both to sell your Lotus supercar via WBAC or the like.

For instance I searched for an Emira on Autotrader and the 1st one I saw was AP72 DXA for £85995. WBAC valuation was only £78265.

My Evora is WBAC'd at under £20k and my M100's at less than half of their market price 😲

Laughable really.

PS And no, you can't buy my Evora for £20k 🤣

I have been doing the WBAC for last couple years and gave up a few months ago last year as their price was stupid & beyond ! 
I asked my step son who works at BMW dealership about pricing and he says the WBAC relates to the people who are desperate or car types which are box standard but then there’s no logic to these algorithms ?

21 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I think you'd have to be mad, desperate or both to sell your Lotus supercar via WBAC or the like.

For instance I searched for an Emira on Autotrader and the 1st one I saw was AP72 DXA for £85995. WBAC valuation was only £78265.

My Evora is WBAC'd at under £20k and my M100's at less than half of their market price 😲

Laughable really.

PS And no, you can't buy my Evora for £20k 🤣

And the Hendy Lotus demonstrator (AO72 FJK) selling for £85k gets a WBAC price of £77k before inspection.

What a joke 🙁

1 hour ago, MrBlueSky said:

Not quite brave enough to put my reg in.

Go on, just for fun. When it gets to the e mail address and phone no. bit just put someone else's details in the boxes. You'll still see your car's valuation pop up LOL

It's worth it just for a laugh