Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Classic Team Lotus Garden Party - 20th May 2023 - UK - East Anglia - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Classic Team Lotus Garden Party - 20th May 2023

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That looks a terrific event. I remember going to find it in the 90s after what I think was an Open day at Ketteringham Hall. Took some great pics outside the drive. What a beautiful property. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Classic Team Lotus Garden Party springs into life!

20th May 2023
East Carleton Manor

The Chapman family is looking forward to welcoming Classic Team Lotus Garden Party guests to Hazel and Colin’s home at East Carleton Manor, for the first time.

It’s going to be a great day. Some tickets are still available. It looks like it will be a full house.

580xunlimited___untitled_302_of_625.jpg?

Highlights of this new event on the Lotus calendar include:

• Guest registration, refreshments and welcome reception
  • Seated lunch served in the Horseshoe Lawn marquee
  • Exclusive Garden Party gift bags
  • Launch of the new book; Colin Chapman The Biography (two volumes)
  • 75 certificated launch day editions of The Biography available to Garden Party guests primarily
600xunlimited___acbccovervol1smcutcomp3b
  • 40 display cars exhibited throughout the Manor and the grounds
  • Early years display of Lotus Mk I project, Mk II, Mk III (reunited with original de-siamesed engine), Mk VI (unrestored) and Mk VIII (SAR 5)
  • All the black & gold JPS Formula One Type 72s
  • Lotus Cars presentations of Evija, Eletre, Emira and GT4
600xunlimited___hpc017s.jpg?icfid=31241
  • Unveiling of busts of Hazel & Colin Chapman 
  • Reveal of the Hazel & Colin gold ACBC pin commemorating 75 years of Lotus
  • VIP guests including Mike Costin, Bob Dance, Mike Kimberley, Martin Donnelly, Johnny Herbert, Russell Carr and Matt Windle
  • 75 years Wall of Sound; firing up landmark cars from each decade of Lotus
  • First ever broadcast of a fascinating Colin Chapman interview from 1963
  • Premiere of Lotus Cars film of Classic Team Lotus heritage cars project
600xunlimited___dsc09012ps2.jpg
  • Clive Chapman presentation of Lotus Day in Shanghai and Lotus factory in Wuhan
  • Kit Lotus 75 years of Lotus exhibition
  • Team Lotus wind tunnel models archive on display
  • Team Lotus trophies display including all seven World Championship trophies
580xunlimited___untitled_46_of_595.jpg?i
  • Garden walks throughout the beautiful grounds
  • Guests group photograph
  • Lotus owners photo shoot in the forecourt of the Manor
  • Commemorative event poster to be signed by all guests (to be shared post-event)

A busy day, packed full of interest and entertainment.

See you there!

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...

I am really looking forward to this, albeit the dress code is rather vague, the weather looks like it could be great !!

• Like 1

Must have been an amazing day!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Insane privilege to be there.

Books now available, really interesting new info as it has previously unpublished text from Fred Bushell, who worked at Lotus for decades as finance guru. His manuscript was never finished or published. Main text is Jabby Crombac which is old but fascinating. 

New pictures from the Chapman family too. 

The signed editions of 75 sold out yesterday, signed by MJK, Mike Costin, Bob Dance, Johnny Herbert, Martin Donnelly, Matt Windle, Clive Chapman, Russell Carr, Chris Dinnage and William Taylor. 

Justin

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jep said:

Insane privilege to be there.

Books now available, really interesting new info as it has previously unpublished text from Fred Bushell, who worked at Lotus for decades as finance guru. His manuscript was never finished or published. Main text is Jabby Crombac which is old but fascinating. 

New pictures from the Chapman family too. 

The signed editions of 75 sold out yesterday, signed by MJK, Mike Costin, Bob Dance, Johnny Herbert, Martin Donnelly, Matt Windle, Clive Chapman, Russell Carr, Chris Dinnage and William Taylor. 

Justin

I haven’t been able to find a link to purchase these books online. Will they be made available soon?

• Gold FFM

It was launched at the Garden Party yesterday, so I expect it will be available to order in the next week or so.  It's two volumes and weighs 5kg!

• Like 1

@Frickin_idiot I'm sure the book will be on Classic Team Lotus and Coterie Press website soon.

It has been a mad rush to get the copies ready for 20th May, added to William Taylor being heavily involved in arranging the Garden Party, so I suspect a pause to catch breath may follow.

Justin 

• Like 1

Bob Dance and Mike Costin were interviewed on stage. Mike referenced the Lotus Queerbox, to which Bob quipped 'You can't call it that nowadays..... 5 speed sequential they'll make us say'.

Justin 

• Haha 1

Great stuff - wish I was able to have been there. Looking good Mr K! I bumped in to Johnny Herbert a few months ago as local to me in Stratford-Upon-Avon.

• Like 1