Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus 75th Anniversary Celebrations - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus 75th Anniversary Celebrations

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I see they're still having to use "Lotus NYO." Thought they'd had an agreement to move past that. Dazzling display but will be a long time, though, before "Lotus NYO" is the first thing someone thinks of when they see "Wuhan." 😳

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RichardC said:

It is nearly the end of June and still no announcements of UK events. I was expecting a Hethel open day, like Lotus 70 in 2018. Any news or rumours?

75 is a huge milestone.!8: have thought that Lotus are planning something?

I've been e-mailed about a 75th aniversary lunchtime parade lap at the Silverstone Classic....but that's nothing to do with Lotus' own celebrations.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

@MPx I'm taking my Elan to Silverstone but haven't heard anything about an anniversary parade lap?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Filip, I booked using the Club Lotus code and the email I got linked to this page which mentions Lotus 75th anniversary parade for the Lotus Drivers Club and Club Lotus on the Saturday.  Here

I don't know if we actually have to apply for a spot, but from memory of doing it on a previous anniversary (2016?) we didn't, we just all queued up and waited before driving around slowly for a couple of laps.  Q time considerably longer than track time!

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

14 minutes ago, MPx said:

...... but from memory of doing it on a previous anniversary (2016?) we didn't, we just all queued up and waited before driving around slowly for a couple of laps.  Q time considerably longer than track time!

spacer.png

Yes, wasn't it a bore Mike? Marshalled into a holding area for ages then a couple of slow laps. I was near the back so left a huge gap on several occasions and then booted it. Nearly went into the gravel trap at the Village loop 🤣

Not sure I'd bother again 🤔

Perhaps each dealer/retailer should have an open day, especially if they have enough room/parking space.

Thanks for the info Mike! I had planned to go with the Range Rover and camp, joining the Land Rover Club. But after our great weekend in France we decided to upgrade to the Lotus Elan and a nice hotel nearby. The only Lotus club I'm with is TLF, so I booked our tickets independently. We will try and join the parade lap though! Hope to see you there. 😉 

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I was also hoping for a repeat of the 70th celebrations.

The Lotus present did get to take center stage at the Laon Historique in May. As I'm sure several other events, like FoS will give Lotus a place of honor. 

Would be a shame if there was nothing at all from Lotus itself (except for the garden party).

Still wear my Lotus 70th Black Polo :D It's my 'wfh' uniform :D

It's deffo a missed opportunity imo but hey, I'm only an an Elise customer... not important any more 🤫

Unless you're an Emira/Evija/Eletre customer... you're nobody 🙄

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Lotus does seem to have done a few 75th anniversary events in China. They are obviously pushing the ELETRE very heavily for the Chinese market.

And what better way to introduce a seemingly "new" brand than to fokus on its 75 year history.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!