Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engine Fire - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine Fire

mayevora

• Gold FFM

Don’t know if posted elsewhere but this was on the side of the  A30 near Ottery St. Mary in Devon yesterday. E73CPE 😢

2110A281-B8B4-45F5-AA45-3773F533261A.jpeg

• Sad 6

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That’s why my esprit has three extinguishers ! One  auto deploy in the engine bay, one fire stick next to the driver and. 2.5kg in the footwell !

At least the fire was contained, let's hope it can be salvaged to run again.

Cheers,

John W

14 hours ago, mayevora said:

A30 near Ottery St. Mary i

Which way was it going, wonder if on its way to SWLC for them to check it out.(having read the engine comments about the car on the other thread..)

Surely a sad sight.

No more risky than buying any other way, as long as you check out what you're buying (or have bought) properly. Buyer beware and all that.

Not presuming to know what caused this fire but it could happen to any Esprit just bought or even in long term ownership if it's the result of a bit of neglect, an ageing fuel pipe or suchlike. 

Sad to see either way and I really hope that the owner can get it repaired or at least had it well enough insured to replace it.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

That on the climb up to Daisy Mount by any chance?

Very sad sight to see no matter the car. Quite a scary experience too, I imagine. Hopefully any occupants were unharmed.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

On 15/06/2023 at 22:10, Hornsey Boy said:

Seems it was the car in this topic @Bibs hence the reg ringing a bell

gutted for the new owner :(

“No faults reported by owner” 

strewth.

At least the value will be easy to prove having been bought so recently. (And the car does show as being insured-hopefully fully comp. )

NB. See MOT history “Repair Immediately “ from March. 

• Nearside Rear Fuel system component leaking (6.1.3 (b) (i))
  • Nearside Rear Service brake excessively binding (1.2.1 (f))
  • Emissions unable to be completed engine will not idle as required for long enough to do test (8.2.1.2 (d))
Edited by LotuStuart
  • Sad 2