Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira key - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good god!  

Is it keyless entry? Why is the key out of your pocket? Moreover, why put ‘anything’ on the roof?!*%#

Still, all is well. Thankfully. 

That’s the problem it’s not keyless entry and I am so used to that, also I was loading the car with travel luggage and all the crap that comes with her indoors and if I leave the key in my pocket when I move around it keeps locking/unlocking the car.

all is not perfect as I didn’t find the bit that opens to release the key blade and the plastic has severe tarmac rash!

so any ideas how to get the plastic bits of the key only?

Not long after getting my Exige i left my fuel cap (without key in it) on a fuel pump on a french motorway and drove 200 miles north.  One of my road-tripping chums discovered a 'hole' in my car the next morning and the drama began.  Now the key stays in the cap and both stay in my hand while filling-up.  No more putting anything down.  Not done it since.

9 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

so any ideas how to get the plastic bits of the key only?

Not my listing, but you could be lucky here...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185968959701?hash=item2b4c9d20d5:g:ymMAAOSwM1Fkobig

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

So, don’t leave your key on the roof, cos it will start and drive fine, it needs around 50 mph before it blows off the roof. If you see the key fall off and bounce on the tarmac if you stop don’t switch off the engine cos it keeps running ok. After spending a while looking for the 5 parts of the exploded key (well 6 if the battery separates too) just reassemble, drive to a secure location switch off and check if the key works, mine did, very lucky as 600 miles from the spare key. Also don’t assume it will fall off quickly, I did nearly 5 miles. 😜

So who else goes 600 miles away from base and not take the spare key with them? I certainly don't.

Me, when I go for a week or more with the car. Started doing it after I saw a group of surfers desperately looking for the only copy of their VW van’s key in a sandy beach in Northern Spain. They did look pretty stupid… …and desperate.

The clue is, you don’t leave the spare copy in the car.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, hamza said:

This. Who takes a spare key with them!?

On a two week holiday, I make sure that my wife has the spare in her handbag. Hopefully, no complaining if she gets back to the car before me and she can't get in!