Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is electric really the answer? - Page 59 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is electric really the answer?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On 11/10/2023 at 23:54, Kimbers said:

And I thought 1 plus 1 is 69!

You will find that as you get older, 1 + 1 stops equaling 69.

A strange quirk in the laws of the Universe. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I think some may have missed this Andy. So let me summarise for those who didn't read it.

Tesla have asked for over £17k to repair a car because their warranty doesn't cover the batteries getting wet. Which they do in heavy rain. The manager of Tesla pointed out they drove the car in a yellow weather warning which he implied they shouldn't do.

So moral of the story, don't get your Tesla wet!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

To be fair, there was absolutely torrential rain in Edinburgh that w/e with huge puddles, roads awash with deep water etc... Those plonkers from Baberton probably went through standing water at speed and the rest is history.

It is well known that water and car electrics don't mix !

Scotland is now capable of producing 2/3rds of it's power from wind after the completion of the Seagreen offshore wind farm

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Tesla slashes prices of Model 3 AGAIN with range starting at £39,995

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/tesla-again-slashes-prices-of-model-3/291512

Electric truck maker Volta files for bankruptcy placing 600 UK jobs at risk

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/electric-truck-maker-volta-files-for-bankruptcy-600-uk-jobs-at-risk/291507

ll going so well for EV's.

• Like 1

Nothing left of the Jag, must have been one hell of a fire.

2 minutes ago, Rambo said:

This must be the shortest flirtation with an e car?

He got so excited with the CO2 he was saving,  he feinted....

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

There was an EV car fire here in Victoria just recently. The fireman that they spoke to said that they respond to at least one Li-Ion fire per week.

Not all cars, but e-bikes & scooters as well.

Surely fire services have to report these events as well and that has to have some sort of impact on someone, somewhere?

And 17k for a battery getting wet which is always going to happen unless the battery is in a sealed area of the car? If the area can't be sealed because air is needed to circulate around the battery to aid with cooling, then the design needs to be able to withstand water. It's not like they submerged the car.

That would be like driving my petrol car out on a nice day and it just stops due to too much sunlight.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Very good points! Except for 6., most Western countries are pushing EVs, Norway and The Netherlands very strongly for example, but Belgium isn't far behind. It's not working here either, but nobody seems to mind...

If I put my conspiracy hat on, I'd say that after taxing the hell out of cars, blaming them with all the sins of the modern world (often to justify the taxes) and making life of motorist more difficult rather than streamlining transport infrastructure, and now this push for EVs that are obviously not (yet) viable for the masses, be it due to price, range, difficulty of charging, is aimed to end private transport as we know it and the freedom it brings the masses. With less contact, people are less likely to rebel. Everything on internet and social media is much easier to dismiss as coming from a minority with strange ideas and not as much of a threat to whatever powers try to keep us under control.

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Maybe my view is colored, but I did say 'Western', not talking about Eastern Europe (they always seem to be allowed to interpret the EU regulations just a bit different) let alone Russia or India.

I do totally agree that this emphasis on climate is mainly for the profit of the few, and has nothing to do with the environment. We are cutting trees to set up windmills and solar farms are turning the lands into deserts. I heard Germany has increased production of coal to ensure power generation, after shutting down their nuclear plants and wasting vast amounts on wind and solar. At least they're not planning to (re)open browncoal mines this time (not yet anyway). And like you say, so many other things could be done to benefit the environment, instead of raising taxes on private transport and pushing EVs.

As for woodland coverage, I'm sure that has more to do with the definition than actual greenery. No way Belgium is greener than UK, unless maybe you count all the neatly cut but dead lawns. As usual, statistics can prove anything. 😉

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The difference between a conspiracy theorist and the truth has moved to two to three months lately, at the most 🤣

• Like 1

As I've suggested here in prior posting one must suspect the true intent of this push to EV's is to reinvent the automobile industry on terms dictated by the West. The multi-polar reality of the present century is in this way partially addressed. The rest is smokescreen, as well outlined by those posting above.

Cheers

• Like 1

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/bmw-will-launch-hydrogen-cars-by-2030-but-warns-uk-is-lagging-behind/291802

BMW is planning to roll out a series of hydrogen-powered production cars by the end of the decade – but the UK risks lagging behind.

• Like 1