Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What are your hobbies & interests? - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What are your hobbies & interests?

Kimbers

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, windymiller said:

my build was back of fag packet with me and my business partner, i kinda kept thinking the easy route of buying a shed but then i knew id have to adapt it and it still wudnt be what i wanted so in the end thort boo larks ill build one, inside ive dry lined it with quad speakers and mood lighting drop down cinema screen, some re used kitchen units and work top provide bench space etc but its not finished as i keep doing things for other ppl first !! 

For the price of a pre-built affair, it's not much more doing it yourself from scratch, much more satisfying, easier to adapt as you go along and something you can be really proud of in the end. @windymiller, is that an oak porch you've done? Love it! I used oak for the porch of the cider shed, what a wonderful material. Even went so far as draw pegged joints, by the last one I'd just about sussed it out!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
14 minutes ago, RobinB5 said:

For the price of a pre-built affair, it's not much more doing it yourself from scratch, much more satisfying, easier to adapt as you go along and something you can be really proud of in the end. @windymiller, is that an oak porch you've done? Love it! I used oak for the porch of the cider shed, what a wonderful material. Even went so far as draw pegged joints, by the last one I'd just about sussed it out!

yes oak at the porch and the log shed end, when i was 26 i bought a 17c oak framed barn (totally totally fooked) and restored it to where we now live  in, i worked offshore at the time so did 2 weeks offshore earnt some good cash then came home worked another 2 weeks on the barn !!! i / we do love it now tho (owned it 27 years took 10 till we moved in) thinking of doing a esprit s3 next similar timescale lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

But built yourself @RobinB5 it’s a lot more solid with better materials and will last a whole lot longer.

Unless you have the building/ DIY abilities of penguin with no beak.....legs or wings. Then you pay for things to be done like a normal person!! :P

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

15 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

But built yourself @RobinB5 it’s a lot more solid with better materials and will last a whole lot longer.

Yep, on the rare occasion I have employed a tradesman I have mostly have to tell them to correct their mistakes or redo parts myself properly/to my standards.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

What is wrong with you lot? I work 2 jobs so I don't have to do anything! 

Hell, I even had someone to come in and clean the house every week up until Lockdown last year! Not dusted since then and TBH its getting a little dusty! 

CBA is my motto! Well that and the fact I have the DIy skills of a newborn baby!........actually scratch that, a new born baby would be better at everything than me!

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I envy all you landed gentry out in the country with your barns. I am in a city with a house and a drive 🥴

@Sparky comment on post apocalypse made me realise I would be useless ! 

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

What kinda music do you play? Anything to be found on youtube?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 28/04/2021 at 17:05, Sparky said:

You'd be useful post-apocalypse.

As meat.

The ONLY skill you need post Apocalypse is to be able to run faster than those around you! I go running every day. Good luck!!