Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Israel-Gaza war - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Israel-Gaza war

C8RKH

You are 100% correct @LotusLeftLotusRight, Hamas gave Netanyahu the opportunity and the World condemned Hamas for their actions & backed Netanyahu in responding.

However, the sign of a true leader is knowing when to stop and not going too far. Netanyahu went way beyond what was reasonable a long time ago. He has put himself into an impossible situation now, he cannot win!

• Like 1

I do wonder whether he has become a war criminal and it will be interesting to see if he is held to account by the international community and courts.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The issue is they HAVE gone too far. They know that as much as everyone else.

Know what that means? "Well, we might as well finish the job!"

But I would ask you to consider that everyone knows Hamas is deeply entrenched in Gazan society. Even some of the Aid workers there took part in the October attacks and that's been confirmed! The fact they just killed (if you believe them) over 200 Hamas fighters in their Hospital siege/attack shows they still haven't finished the job they set out to do.

But don't believe the hype of Israeli civilians marching demanding they stop, there was only a tiny % of their population at the last one and the majority of their citizens still support wiping Hamas out by any means.

I don't think its over sadly, no matter how much pressure the rest of the world put on them.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 5 months later...

Oh yes, it makes a huge difference.

Netanyahu is running his own agenda and is prodding a bear with large teeth in his cave.  This could get very ugly very quickly. His government is running on hubris and arrogance and it has gone way too far. I'm actually really worried about where this is going.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm flying to Cyprus in a week!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Starmer has told us that we 'Stand With Isreal'. Personally, I think we'd best of leave out of it. If Hamas strike back at us, I believe that means they've had a pop at the whole of NATO and that doesn't end well. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

3 hours ago, pete said:

Why are the RAF shooting down missiles

The government doesn’t appear to know if UK armed Forces have shot down any missiles. First reports last night we had, early today we hadn’t.🤔

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Does seem a remarkably inefficient way of waging warfare. The Iranians have sent hundreds of missiles and drones across to Israel during the two attacks. Hezbollah has fired nigh on 10,000 rockets into Israel. All they have managed to achieve so far seems to be one dead Palestinian.

One dead anyone is one death too many.

• Like 2

The small print.

I think they should stop immediately until 21st October. Then they can start again and I won't be in Cyprus or flying to or from Cyprus.

And that really is the level of my "Am I Bovvered?". Because they are all as bad as each other. It's truly pathetic that they hate each other because of their race, religion and history. And I mean both sides as well.

I also feel we have no right to complain about either sides atrocities when we started several wars and destroyed whole countries and infrastructures after 9/11 and destabilised the whole area!!  Iraq was like a stopper in a bottle and we soon pulled that stopper, and Libya and Afghan etc etc.

Lets not forget this started with Hamas killing over a thousand mainly young people. How far did we go when they killed 3500 in the twin towers?

• Like 2

It's a mess @kimbers for sure, but it is bordering on genocide, and not all Palestinians are terrorists and not all Israeli's support this level of retaliation and bloodshed.

My own belief, not that it is worth much, is that this is yet another example of a man using war to bolster his position at home and put off the inevitable day of reckoning.

Shame should be felt on both sides, equally, for allowing it to get to this. And yes @kimbers, HAMAS did commit an atrocity against the people of Israel, but my god the way the Israeli's settlers have violated and pushed out ordinary Palestinians from their homes and land before, during and after this, is also an atrocity.

We have plenty to be ashamed of ourselves, from the past, I am not denying that either. But a retaliation that has killed 42,000, and injured or maimed 100,000, many of them women and children, is hardly proportionate.

As a race, we humans are despicable to our core.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The small print.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

It's a mess @kimbers for sure, but it is bordering on genocide, and not all Palestinians are terrorists and not all Israeli's support this level of retaliation and bloodshed.

My own belief, not that it is worth much, is that this is yet another example of a man using war to bolster his position at home and put off the inevitable day of reckoning.

Shame should be felt on both sides, equally, for allowing it to get to this. And yes @kimbers, HAMAS did commit an atrocity against the people of Israel, but my god the way the Israeli's settlers have violated and pushed out ordinary Palestinians from their homes and land before, during and after this, is also an atrocity.

We have plenty to be ashamed of ourselves, from the past, I am not denying that either. But a retaliation that has killed 42,000, and injured or maimed 100,000, many of them women and children, is hardly proportionate.

As a race, we humans are despicable to our core.

I resemble that closing remark?

This is not a matter of retaliation, rather one of standing up to a publicly declared commitment to genocide of the Israeli people. It's clear where lurks the enduring pestilence in the Middle East.

• Gold FFM

And the underlying issue in all of this - religion.

one man arguing with another about who’s imaginary mate is the best. Utterly pathetic. 

• Like 2

Only here once

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

And the underlying issue in all of this - religion.

one man arguing with another about who’s imaginary mate is the best. Utterly pathetic. 

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Organised religion is just about power, control and wealth. Whether Christian or not, they all, in the end seem to be the same and they all lead to wars, bloodshed and death.

• Like 1

The small print.

Some Historical background info: https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

And the "sanitized" update of 2017: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/hamas-2017-document-full

And finally on the influx of Jewish settlers from around late 19th century:  https://www.britannica.com/place/Palestine/World-War-I-and-after

DanR