Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sinclair C5 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Sinclair C5

oneshot

Just watched a programme on Amazon Prime about the sinclair C5. it interviewed some of the key players in the development.

Interestingly Lotus had a part to play. They were involved in the design.

The guy in charge of the project for Sinclair Vehicles Ltd said to Clive Sinclair that he would only take the job if Clive bought Lotus.

They negotiated the deal only for it to be usurped by David Wickens.

Who knows what Lotus would have been if Clive Sinclair had actually bought it?

• Like 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

6 minutes ago, oneshot said:

they were involved in the design.

think @Kimbers did testing round the Hethel track.

34 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

think @Kimbers did testing round the Hethel track.

Probably why it came with a nice wide comfy seat then 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Did that include his "refuelling" stop at the Bird in the Hand?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 15/07/2024 at 20:20, tim_marra said:

Lotus designed the C5 chassis.

Must have been the slowest thing they ever did!

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I bet it was still at the pinnacle of “add lightness” though!   👍

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

15 hours ago, Gjk said:

I bet it was still at the pinnacle of “add lightness” though!   👍

The C5 or @Kimbers? :getmecoat:

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Escape said:

The C5 or @Kimbers? :getmecoat:

I had a 30 inch waist then! Now I have a 30 inch thigh!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer