Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 10 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Political correctness gone mad.

Speaking of going mad, what is it with Labour and those two "adverts" targeting Sunak? Totally shameless and abhorent 

.Maybe Sunak should respond with a picture of Starmer and Saville to make the point that, if I recall correctly, the CPS under Starmer did little to stop that abuse!

I can't stand it when politics gets grubby and dirty like this. It basically tells me that the party doing it has no ideas, no new policies, only hate to peddle.

It's a disgusting campaign and despite being desperate to support Labour it just keeps pushing me away.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I was exploring some roads for a charity run (in 2 weeks, so I need to hurry up) in the Excel last weekend. Some nice scenery and quaint little villages, but some very poor and deformed cobblestone roads. I had to turn back once as the bottom started scraping the higher center section. And after a drink in a great pub nearby, the Excel refused to start. Pop the hood and I found the wire from the starter motor hanging lose. The constant shaking must have worked it of the spade. Easy fix, but I'd hate to think what it would do to a car that's used on those roads every day!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

The lane to our house has finally been eroded completely away by cattle crossing and there is a chance the Esprit will not make it out without bottoming out the front lip. The council have absolutely no interest in maintaining the lane even when I have pointed out the amount of road tax we pay. So maybe selling Esprit later this spring. Even main roads are not maintained properly around here and whatever patching is done generally falls apart within a couple of months - seems a bit of a scam to me between the council roads department and the road repairers. The best bit is they will come out and patch a few holes and then leave others a matter of meters away from the patched areas.

• Sad 1

Report the pothole with a picture on the Councils web site, marking the location. They then have a statutory duty to check it and if needed reapir it. Also, if they do not, and your car is damaged, they need to pay. Unless the law has changed recently.

We had a problem with a stretch of road to our village. So, I lodged 37 reports (one for each pothole) in around 30 metres of road. They couldn't ignore it as they were propely "logged" and so they had to resurface the road. Sometimes you just have to be an ALF (annoying little f........) 

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@march I'd sooner remove the front lip of the Esprit than sell it. It makes a big difference to the approach angle: my red one had a lip, the silver one came without it and that made life a lot easier on rougher roads. In fact, without the lip the Esprit is pretty good off road. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I was watching some bodge-and-go pothole “repairers” in Wales the other day. It’s literally two shovel loads of sticky tarmac, a pat down with the back of the spade and off to the next one. I would imagine that the repair is ruined the first time an HGV passes over it. Still at least they do try. Back where we live, they just go around highlighting offending areas with a spray can, seemingly never to return! There are some dangerous country roads nearby too, where the subsurface structure of the road seems to have collapsed in certain areas, leaving bizarre camber issues, which can cause any low slung car to bottom out, or likely fling you into the ditch or oncoming traffic.

Yeah, seen the two shovel loads of sticky tarmac brigade up here too. I am convinced that the guys with the two shovels are either related to, or are somehow paying, the officials who process their invoices. And yup, within a couple of weeks that sticky tarmac ain't so sticky anymore and, oh surprisde surprise, the hole is bag.  Argh......  I agree, it is all a money making con.

The small print.

At work, had a request for a report change from a client. I had to draw up the estimates for the change, which was Sep-Dec 2022. Loads of haggling by the PM/Client, finally agreed and signed off a couple of weeks ago - with an agreement that I discuss with the client through my change process.

I started last Monday, requested a Teams meet on Tuesday re check the layout , no response.  Repeat request on Wednesday - still no response. Was about to repeat the request on Thursday, when I had a response, and a Teams meeting arranged for 2pm - 4 hrs later.

1st thing the client said when shown the work so far (which I had continued doing) - "Oh that's not what I want" - then showed me a report produced a year or so ago from a different system, said this is format I'm looking for.

At no point in the process had this report been shown. The spec was a fuzzy - Move down, move across, change the decimal places etc. I have made all the changes as spec'd. I was only wanting to know where on the page some new fields should be displayed :(

As the old saying goes - in the land of the user, the blind man is king.

The client really should have agreed a fixed price contract.

Edited by ChrisJ
changed year

2 and a half years later you started on a report!  Wowser.

However, sounds to me like the report is now substantially different than was previously agreed so whack in a change control notice for the extra work over and above. You'd be entitled to.

But then if it's not a lot of work, just do it.

However, the real question I would be asking as the user is, if I have managed without the report for 2.5 years do i really need it? So I'd cancel the work order and use the effort/time/money somewhere that was going to add real value.

The issue here though is not with the user. The issue here is with whoever "accepted" such a woolly set of requirements as being adequate, and who did the QC check on the spec and the costing sheet. I'd sack both of those numpties.

The small print.

On 08/04/2023 at 23:40, DDubya said:

Maybe catching crims might be a better idea 🙄

9CDE14DE-478F-426C-8BFB-36E990E949EA.jpeg

So the Police have time for that. But try getting them to respond to a burgularly. Or a car theft. Or soemthing else worthwhile.  The priorities are pathetic these days to be honest.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Been the same for years @C8RKH

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/1248259.bromyard-by-golly-police-raid-did-our-shop-a-power-of-good-says-owner/

this is my neighbour - he still sells golly stuff even now.

frankly - with my recent experience of the police - if they ever need my assistance in the future they can take a flying fuc£ at a rolling doughnut.

• Haha 1

Only here once

I've got some very old, original, metal gollie "badges" somewhere. I'm not sure where the fugitives are hiding though....

Still waiting for the time when rap songs are censored for n word they are often full off.

• Like 2

The small print.

We are waiting for the day the local plod raid our kitchen where we have an old tin Golden Shred Marmalade plaque on the wall complete with print of Golly, dog, cat & bird - oh and a jar of marmalade

On 08/04/2023 at 23:40, DDubya said:

Maybe catching crims might be a better idea 🙄

And now - Camra award ban for Essex pub displaying golly dolls

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-65260945

says..

A pub where golliwog dolls were seized by police should not be considered for "future awards or inclusion in our Good Beer Guide", the Campaign for Real Ale (Camra) said.

Camra said it found it "baffling" that the White Hart Inn, in Grays, Essex, chose to display the "offensive" dolls.

Police are investigating after a member of the public reported being racially distressed on 24 February

• Sad 1

We live adjacent to a pub. Now that the weather is improving there is a new phenomenon of dads meeting up there on a Sunday and using the pub garden as a kids playground. Rather than take their infant/primary school age kids to either of the two nearby public parks with all the necessary play equipment and amenities, they would rather let them run wild outside the pub, whilst the dads are boozing, joking and swearing with their mates. They probably think that’s great parent / child time.

On 11/04/2023 at 20:37, C8RKH said:

So the Police have time for that. But try getting them to respond to a burglary. Or a car theft. Or something else worthwhile.  The priorities are pathetic these days to be honest.

And now it has been vandalised, I wonder if they will bother to turn up. Had not realised it was called the White Hart.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-65297070

Essex Police said it was conducting extra patrols in the area !!!!!!

• Like 1

Joe Biden has announced he is going to run again. He will be 81 when campaigning begins🫣

hindsight: the science that is never wrong