Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 14 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Harking back to 24 Hours In Police Custody and my son-in-law:  the gobshites were breaking into his house, riding a stolen motorcycle with no insurance, and he got 22 months for chasing them and knocking them off.  They received no sentence for their crimes.  They have now successfully sued for personal injury and received a 6-figure sum.

The Great British Justice system.

11 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

The Great British InJustice system.

FTFY.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

unfortunately as soon as he was found guilty itwas pretty certain the skankswould receive compensation

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

44%. Of civil servants are still 'working'from home, are they still being paid their their London working allowance I wonder

• Like 1

I am sure they are @pete and no doubt getting a few other perks too. I sometimes think that like our politicians and local authority workers they forget that they are public servants, there to serve the public, and not the other way around.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

All seem to be unsackable without the threat of a court case from them

• Like 2

I'm still working from home (not in the public sector though). It was one of the conditions of my accepting the job (Jan 2022). I live in Welwyn Garden City, job is in Cambridge. 2 hours commuting it there is a "return to office". I'll be resigning if that happens. Previous 2 jobs, 15 minutes away - no problem with working in an office for those two.

• Gold FFM

Worst commute I had was 1 1/2 hours one way. 6 months. Gets a bit tiring if you get caught and have to work back. Very little traffic on the road there and back so no hassle in that sense.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

Car load of dirty trollops just drove up from the neighbouring pub car park, stopped outside our house and then the driver and front seat passenger helped themselves to several balloons worth of nitrous oxide canisters, before turning round and driving straight back to the pub for more booze. That’s today’s Britain for you on a quiet Tuesday afternoon. Anniversary of D-Day too. Can you imagine what this lot would do in the same circumstances?

qjRrKJY.jpg

• Sad 2

Call the police. Only way to start changing behaviours.

Doubt plod will leave Mickey D's drive thru to attend though.

The small print.

How snowflakey are we that the Govt have to issue health warnings at 25-30 degrees C? 

Fuck me! I don't start to sweat till well over that! We went for a walk in Cyprus at 45 degrees and walked over 4 miles! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65853411

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It'll be an emergency alert to your phone before long

Shouldn’t this be in the “Hot, hot, hot” thread?
I’m in Northamptonshire and the wife and I decided to eat lunch outside today. Despite a clear sky, it was really cold and I had to shelter from the Northerly wind. Tomorrow we’re supposed to be the hottest place in the country and will be lucky to survive. Somehow I doubt it.

It's the same over here, today we got 30°C for the first time this year. A bit hot for my taste, but nothing that can be dealt with having a tasty cocktail with a mate, on a roof terrace overlooking the local canal (after taking the Jag top down to a meeting). But on the news plenty of warnings and tales of how exceptional this is. Though I clearly remember much hotter days not that long ago, even in May. Why not show people enjoying themselves in the sunshine instead of all this doom and gloom?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 09/06/2023 at 17:02, Kimbers said:

How snowflakey are we that the Govt have to issue health warnings at 25-30 degrees C? 

Fuck me! I don't start to sweat till well over that! We went for a walk in Cyprus at 45 degrees and walked over 4 miles! 

It’s for our Scottish friends north of the border. 

Margate Exotics.

On 09/06/2023 at 17:02, Kimbers said:

I'm sure Wendy was hoping to lose you after three  :rofl:

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Part of the 45 minute route to my work had been "closed for essential resurfacing" (according to the signage) on Thursday and yesterday resulting in a really circuitous diversion, down narrow, glorified farm tracks, that added about 12 miles and 20 minutes to my 'commute'. It'll be worth it though I thought as it's been badly needing done for ages and was turning into a real suspension-wrecker.

This morning on my way home, the road was re-opened. There I was looking forward to a billiard-table smooth passage over the previously offending stretch of potholes loosely joined by fragments of tarmac. Well, I was almost spot-on with my expectations............................................:no

PotholeRepair.jpg.a7317c02ade51e740c5c3b71ccbb1674.jpg

Clearly 2 days well spent...................................in the pub!

Who did they use? A 5 year-old with his bucket and spade from the seaside? :censored:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

58 minutes ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Who did they use? A 5 year-old with his bucket and spade from the seaside?

Your lucky - here they have just completed a repair on our lane, they don't even bother to fill in the potholes, they just put the tarmac around the edge so there are no sharp edges as your car falls into the hole! Words fail me.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alfa2Evora said:

Part of the 45 minute route to my work had been "closed for essential resurfacing" (according to the signage) on Thursday and yesterday resulting in a really circuitous diversion, down narrow, glorified farm tracks, that added about 12 miles and 20 minutes to my 'commute'. It'll be worth it though I thought as it's been badly needing done for ages and was turning into a real suspension-wrecker.

This morning on my way home, the road was re-opened. There I was looking forward to a billiard-table smooth passage over the previously offending stretch of potholes loosely joined by fragments of tarmac. Well, I was almost spot-on with my expectations............................................:no

PotholeRepair.jpg.a7317c02ade51e740c5c3b71ccbb1674.jpg

Clearly 2 days well spent...................................in the pub!

Who did they use? A 5 year-old with his bucket and spade from the seaside? :censored:

You should send that in the press and get them to cover it, at the same time copy in the CEO of the council demanding an explanation on how this contractors work can be passed b y the coun il as satisfsctory, and also, be proven to be a good use of public money by the council. We both know that that will be cracked up by the winter, and after the winter, worse than it ws before. If onloy they would bloody well just do it right and proper first time, they'd save a bloody fortune. To be thye hinest, the Head of Roads in your council should be sacked for allowing/passing that.

• Like 2

The small print.

The Labour Party again this week. Everytime their front bench open their mouth all we hear are loads of personal insults aimed at Tory individuals. Just school ground antics, never tell us what their policies would be or how they would govern this county, god forbid us.

I am 100% certain that I will not be voting for anyone at the next GE and I never thought it would come to me doing this. Can’t voteTory after how the are letting the public suffer while, it seems, every company dealing with consumers is getting mega rich based on spurious price increases. Can’t vote for a bunch of name calling school children which it seems don’t have a clue, and then who’s left, just a few wannabe politicians in their spare time.

This country needs a bloody good shake up, come back Maggie🙏

• Like 2