Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 30 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

18 hours ago, Sparky said:

I'd prefer to push him over.

He's so full of hot air, he'd just bounce back. 😁

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
On 15/11/2023 at 10:03, C8RKH said:

Do you have it in writing, simple clear English, that they are formally offering, and you have accepted, the extension of the 1 month "right to return" to 2 months?  If you don't have in writing good luck with that. So, send them an email, and confirm receipt, stating that they have made that offer and you have accepted it, and if you hear nothing from them to the contrary, their acceptance is deemed to have been given.

Yes we do have it in writing and made sure of that before the month expired. Still not back yet so Yesterdays update phone call from VW (to my daughter unfortunately and not me) said we are going to keep the car for another week so we can put some miles on it to double check the engine management light won’t come back on and we’ve got to the route of the problem properly before giving the car back to you - a member of staff will be driving the vehicle home each night to make sure the fault does not occur. 
Ok they've had it back this time over two weeks so what difference will another week make especially as my daughter will put about 800 miles this coming week on their 23 plate T-Roc Courtesy car and not her own.

I finished work last night at 7.45pm and I thought I’d take a drive past the dealership to see if someone had taken it home for the weekend.

It was in the same space it’s been in since Tuesday. I’m going to pop back later with the spare key and check mileage. Be interesting to see what mileage they do over the next week or how much bullshit they tell us when we pick up in a week.

Could contain:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

2 hours ago, mayevora said:

do over the next week

and hopefully it gets back without damage/interior fag burns, child sick etc.....depending on which trusted VW employee gets to use it.

37 dogs and a number of cats in one house! I feel like puking up 🤢

How can that be happy and healthy for animals and people.

And  another wild dog attack. Really is time to legislate that ALL dogs in public spaces MUST be on a lead at all times.

BBC News - North Wales: Four injured in dangerous dog attack
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67464124

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Ok you lot. Who let the 3 year olds loose in the design studio?

image.png.d632a1059c310f38760e7f92ac89fb55.png

I can think of only one redeeming feature.

It has a windscreen.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@ramjet if that had a Porsche badge on the front people would queuing up. I mean, the first gen Panamera looked like a used suppository and people lapped it up.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

7 hours ago, ramjet said:

Ok you lot. Who let the 3 year olds loose in the design studio?

image.png.d632a1059c310f38760e7f92ac89fb55.png

I can think of only one redeeming feature.

It has a windscreen.

I think you're too harsh. And that's despite me having a sh!tty day.

It's a boxcar, so what's wrong with looking like a box on wheels? With a bit of wedge for aerodynamics and clean, straight lines. I wouldn't call it good looking, but I prefer the simplicity over most of today's over complicated designs with folds and bulges everywhere. Like the Toyota CRH or Nissan Joke. 

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I put it up here as I had one following me yesterday. Really quite horrible from directly in front. Headlights were tiny and the DRLs looked odd.

I just can't get part the tour coach side mirror either.

I get what you are saying @Escape, but I won't be buying one. Mind you, I'm not in their target demographic.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

5 hours ago, Escape said:

I think you're too harsh. And that's despite me having a sh!tty day.

It's a boxcar, so what's wrong with looking like a box on wheels? With a bit of wedge for aerodynamics and clean, straight lines. I wouldn't call it good looking, but I prefer the simplicity over most of today's over complicated designs with folds and bulges everywhere. Like the Toyota CRH or Nissan Joke. 

I'm with you on that.

We've had our Espace for 15 years and it has been the best, most versatile piece of transport ever. I certainly didn't buy on looks, but its not offensive. Gave up trying to replace it because every car manufacturer decided to exit the MPV market and make over-styled and under-functional SUV's. Can't count the number of times friends with RR Sports or the like have been genuinely gobsmacked that our old Renault MPV is the better people/load carrier.

So in summary, this looks like a very practical family vehicle to me.

I think it looks like a sci-fi movie futuristic car as envisaged 15-20 years ago, and it's probably very efficient in terms of volume for a define length and with, probably fair low wind resistance (not that it's aimed at being a 120mph vehicle), and it's nowhere near as bad as a Rodius. In fact it looks very stylish compared to a Rodius.

• Gold FFM

Ok. I’ll go and sit in the corner. :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Who does the UN think they are? With everything going on in the world today this is on their radar.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cn0p6ll3jjgo.amp

A lot of people in the UK would have liked to see tougher sentences.

All the while the courts in the uk let sex offenders, thieves and the general scum of the earth that should be treated to a course of Logan’s run walk away with little more than a sit on the naughty step for 5 minutes.

they are very harsh sentences when balanced against the rest

• Haha 1

Only here once

On 21/11/2023 at 21:01, ramjet said:

I put it up here as I had one following me yesterday. Really quite horrible from directly in front. Headlights were tiny and the DRLs looked odd.

I just can't get part the tour coach side mirror either.

I get what you are saying @Escape, but I won't be buying one. Mind you, I'm not in their target demographic.

On 22/11/2023 at 03:21, ramjet said:

Ok. I’ll go and sit in the corner. :getmecoat:

Come out of your corner and play, we miss you already. 😉 

I'm certainly not their target demographic either, but if I was in the market for such a van, I wouldn't discard it on looks alone. The engineering, interior and how it drives (with the least disappointing one taking the win, not expecting anything remotely fun) would matter more, along with price and serviceability.

In the UK we currently have:

A chronic shortage of housing - 4.3m houses are required, the Government has a target to encourage 300,000 homes (which they are failing to hit) to be built a year - so that's a 14 year plus backlog.

Over a third of UK hospitals are operating "above capacity" in terms of beds in use - basically people are rammed into wards etc

We do not have enough GP's for the population we have - For every 10,000 people, England has 7.8 GPs · The OECD average is 10.8 GPs per 10,000

NHS dentistry is practically non existent any more

17% of our primary Schools, and 23% of our secondary schools are at "over capacity" - meaning less resources for each child, higher class numbers, etc.

It costs us £4300 per month to house an asylum seeker in a hotel - that's 1.5 times the average monthly pay for an NHS Nurse which is £2,782, and contributes to a migration housing cost to the UK tax payer of £1.3bn per annum.

Over the past 18 months, we have seen a net influx of migrants totalling just under 1.5m people. Not wishing to raise any concerns over where these migrants have come from, or why, the questions I find myself asking myself, and wanting to ask the Liberal elite in this country, are around:

how can this level of migration be sustainable and affordable?

How can it be right that at a time of increasing poverty rates in the UK, the widening gap between the poor and middle classes, and the significant increase in child poverty, that we are channelling money from those here that really need it, to those who have arrived with their hands out expecting it?

Our Local Authorities services are overwhelmed. Our schools are over capacity. Our workers are paying the highest levels of taxes for years. Our GP's cannot cope.

When do we say enough is enough?

• Sad 1

The small print.

19 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

We do not have enough GP's for the population we have - For every 10,000 people, England has 7.8 GPs · The OECD average is 10.8 GPs per 10,000

17% of our primary Schools, and 23% of our secondary schools are at "over capacity" - meaning less resources for each child, higher class numbers, etc.

Just to add

• and it is still next to impossible to get a GP appointment.
  • Labour are talking about removing charitable status from private schools which will increase fees and drive some children back into the state sector, so meaning the same amount of funding has to cater for more students.

NHS dentistry where I live is OK, there is even a walk-in NHS dentist where you don't have to be registered.

• Like 1

I had to stand my ground in the GP’s surgery yesterday, My 90-year old mum had tried three times to get through the automated nonsense, only to be cut off.

So, I went in to request an appointment for her. Receptionist tells me oh, no, she can’t do that, instead mum has to phone up, then the GP will decide whether to call her back. I told her that mum’s fingers are riddled with arthritis, and she struggles to press buttons on the phone. In any case the system cut her off three times on the trot. Nothing doing, still immoveable. As it happened, there were a few people in the waiting room, which was handy, and in a loud voice I explained that she’d been laying in a hospital bed screaming in pain and no-one was helping. Bingo, heads turned, and the doctor is at least calling her today.

It’s effing ridiculous.

• Sad 2

Margate Exotics.

I had to ring 111 during Covid (my dentist appointment 2 days after lockdown started was cancelled) as I'd had a tooth crack and phoning the dentist's phone line said that I should do this.

Spent an hour or so on the phone going round in circles. End result the Doctor said I should visit a dentist - to which I replied "No shit Sherlock". He arranged one for me - 50 miles or so away.

I tried calling my dentist back, but hung on the phone after the call 111 advice, and after about 30 seconds of silence, someone picked up the phone. Got some immediate pain killers prescribed and an emergency appointment for a week later - tooth was pulled. Bloody glad I didn't have to wait 6 months or whatever it was for the dentists to re-open.

Many GP's should hang their heads in shame.

Remember, GP's are privately run businesses and THEY decide what instructions and processes they tell the receptionists to follow.

My respect for GP's is at rock bottom as I hear too many stories like yours @Chillidoggy

Just waiting for the usual apologists to respond saying how lovely GP's are and making loads of excuses for them.

The small print.

Yes, I think it is overlooked that they are privately run and in my area at least these businesses are expanding - in to 'health trusts' that operate basically all the local GP practices which now use the same bad processes and closed loops.  The website for my GP is quite literally a round-robin of hyperlinks.  It is single handily the most infuriating site to navigate in order to try and get some help.

The service is simply not patient focused at all but of course we must smile and play the game or the receptionist does not give us an appointment, ever.

• Like 1