Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 51 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

16 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Does "tow hook" have a different meaning in Australia?

15 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Did he mean "camel toes"?

I'm sure if you google a bit with safe search off, you can find the combination of both 🤢

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

3 hours ago, r3nault said:

As I’ve no idea what you chaps are on about, it must be a British thing!

Nope. You maybe need to explore darker parts of the web, lol...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Had to return an item via Royal mail. Go across the road to a Post Office that is within a min-mart - so stays open until late.

Oh sorry, the post office counter closed at 12 noon (was 12:05) - come back on Tuesday.

Went to the next one a mile away - also in a mini-mart - was open.

Why close if you stay open until late? I got my parcel away, but it did make me shake my head.

Starmer wants to lower the voting age to 16? Why? The average 16 year old couldn't give a toss about politics, and can be easily influenced by populist policies. Ooops, I may have answered my own question.

We lowered it here in Scotland and it hasn't helped. Next, like in Scotland, Starmer will say that young peoples brains don't develop until they are 25, so any crimes they commit below 25, they need to be given a lighter sentence.

Guess what, we've tried that up here. All it does is further reinforce to young people that they are above the law, and when caught, will be dealt with leniently.

I was looking forward to hearing about Labour's bold new policies to restore the "Great" in Britain. Was I foolish to at least have a hope?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

More votes for labour

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

This was on the news the other night. All I can find is this series of photos which really doesn't capture how scary it appeared. I just can't find the video that was played on the tv.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/horrifying-moment-car-sent-flying-015105654.html

Anyway, the news also said that the driver was given an infringement notice.

If it had been me driving the car at fault, I'd have thought a stint in prison would have been getting off lightly. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 25/05/2024 at 16:26, C8RKH said:

Starmer wants to lower the voting age to 16?

Meanwhile, on the other side the Conservatives want to bring back National Service (or a version of it). Presumably gambling that older folks will vote for it and turn out in greater numbers than youngsters on polling day. Not sure how many young voters in the catchment age will be voting for it...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

For a kick off, the cost of doing so would be astronomic. The government (that’s all of us tax payers), would have to house, clothe and feed them, and, presumably, pay them, too.

As much as some of our indigenous scrotebags would benefit from it, I think it’s a non-starter.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

The government (that’s all of us tax payers), would have to house, clothe and feed them, and, presumably, pay them, too.

It feels like we do that already anyway for a lot of them.

• Like 2

The small print.

A war crime for sure, but Nethanayu, nor Israel will ever admit 

The blood on their hands now will never wash off, and no amount of "excuses" will condone it.

Israel has lost the Goodwill.

Hamas was totally wrong. Inexcusable. But the ensuing loss of so many innocents is out of control.

Netanhayu is the new Putin.

BBC News - Deadly strike on Rafah a tragic mishap, Netanyahu says
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjjj26d0eqxo

The small print.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

A war crime for sure, but Nethanayu, nor Israel will ever admit 

The blood on their hands now will never wash off, and no amount of "excuses" will condone it.

Israel has lost the Goodwill.

Hamas was totally wrong. Inexcusable. But the ensuing loss of so many innocents is out of control.

Netanhayu is the new Putin.

BBC News - Deadly strike on Rafah a tragic mishap, Netanyahu says
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjjj26d0eqxo

Sorry but I must disagree entirely. Russia had been well enabled and supported by its now mortal enemy, the West, then turned to war crime level villainy when Putin's ego couldn't bear the thought of presiding over anything but a great empire. Israel, on the other hand, has been repeatedly attacked in acts of war over the entirety of its history by "neighbours" who openly seek its anihilation. Bloody minded criminals squatting in authority on the peoples of Iran, Yemen, Palestine, Syria, and Russia are to whom blame is to be ascribed. Horrible as this has been I find Netanyahu's premise sadly valid.

No problem with you disagreeing Dr. Doom.

I have been very vocal that Hamas's attack was awful.

However, imvho the Israel response is totally disproportionate.

They have also inflamed the situation, with their hard right settlers attacking, bull dozing and stealing peoples homes and farms and lands.

Yup. The whole situation is a mess, but this "war" is keep Netanhayu in power and has nicely shifted the focus from his accusers.

War crimes have been committed. The question is whether he, and the IDF, will be held to account 

The small print.

I wasn't sure where to put this as it fits into so many categories.

The look on everyone's face in this is brilliant. The judge is superb.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pete said:

Pete, the question should be who has been "fired" for gross negligence in a public office position?

Of course, no one, as there is NO accountability in the Public Sector. Just shocking 

• Like 1

The small print.

When we were fostering I had to insist DLA payments to a young person were stopped as they no longer need them as not in the abusive home anymore. The woman on the end of the phone said why don't you just let it run on it's only got 18 months left to run. I had to insist on speaking to her manager to get them stopped. None of it surprises me any more. We need more accountability in all areas, with teeth.

• Sad 1

My first HMRC post. Just got my latest payslip and the tax code has changed slightly to my detriment. Log onto my HMRC Gateway account to check and for some reason they have reduced my annual personal pension contribution value since last month, even though my regular monthly payments have not changed for years.

Despite searching, I could not find a way of questioning this on-line. Lots of other queries can be dealt with but not this. So I reluctantly phone the HMRC help line. Haha, it was like a TV comedy sketch show. It relies on voice recognition when asking you specific questions to direct the call to the correct human. Now I have a neutral English accent, but it could not even recognise words like “tax code” or “yes”. Eventually I answered the same questions using the key pad, whereupon it told me that all of their operators were busy and disconnected the call! Cheers for wasting my time.

• Sad 2

Just an update. I tried the HMRC phone line again. After about 45 minutes of hold music etc, I finally got through to a nice lady. The phone line quality was awful, but I think we resolved the issue. Time will tell.

9 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Just an update. I tried the HMRC phone line again. After about 45 minutes of hold music etc, I finally got through to a nice lady. The phone line quality was awful, but I think we resolved the issue. Time will tell.

If you think trying to phone HMRC is bad, try phoning the DVLA Medical team. :2guns: