Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 292 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

IMG_0391.jpeg

• Haha 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

In newspapers - those were the days.

• Gold FFM

I do not have a question about getting permission.

The only question I have is how in the hell did these guys get their great big brass kohonis into their wingsuits?

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I used to subscribe on YouTube to some wingsuit people. Without exception, they all took one too many risks and ended up splat.

• Gold FFM

I can only imagine that they would have had to sign an oodle of waivers as well as have so much proof as to what they could and could not do as well as the calculations to show the same and then pull out points if they weren't exactly where they should have been at a certain point in time. Either that, or whoever in the government, has had a new mansion with private helicopter gifted to them by Red Bull or the official was a total plonker.

Though everything is happening at such a rapid rate, that could all have gone pear shaped so quickly it wouldn't have been funny.

Even their chute openings had to be spot on because there would be no time for a reserve and they both landed on the dock and not in the Thames.

Hat's off, but they are still totally bonkers.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 02/05/2024 at 20:51, pete said:

Screenshot_20240502-205004.png.cd07dbc32a2d585d417c383b22109cae.png

Posts like this just reinforce two things to me. (1) Humanity is doomed as intelligence declines to a level where people will not be able to feed, clean, or look after themselves and (2) our Educational System is turning out turnips that have no other purpose in life than to be made into a thin, green, wafer like biscuit called Soylent Green.

On 04/05/2024 at 17:22, ChrisJ said:

and they came weekly

Obviously, they weren't married then.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 04/05/2024 at 18:10, jep said:

But they probably died younger than they should or lived in pain from various injuries. 

Would you want your kids to work the bins in 1950 or 2024?

Think about both sides of any debate.  

They'd be fitter for sure and with the better diets we have now etc they would be less likely to have the aches and pains and have a more fuller life due to the increased fitness.

Let's be honest, our "shift" to mass office work has not benefitted peoples health at all - people spending 6, 7, 8 hours per day. Sat on their arses. Drinking and eating carb high foods with minimal exercise is literally killing people. One of the most unhealthy "lifestyles" you can have is one were you spend most of the day sat down. Biggest cause of cancer, as big as smoking, is inactivity and sitting down for long periods. It also affects brain health and is linked to increases in dementia, Alzheimer's, etc.

So, have your kids outside, doing physical work, that keeps them fit (1950's style) with a modern, healthy diet, will probably see them live a lot longer, and healthier, than a kid who spends all his working life on his arse, at a desk and in front of a computer screen, with too much sugar and caffeine, junk food and beers, and little or no exercise.

What would you prefer now?

On 10/05/2024 at 15:22, ChrisJ said:

In newspapers - those were the days.

Not these days as half the population can't read! 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You know I started my children swimming every week since they were one years old.

I was holiday and my daughter was maybe 6 and could swim like a fish. A chap was trying to get his little boy to swim "go on son look at that little girl she can swim". I was thinking yea cause I took her to her lessons every week end for the last 5 years it wasnt like shed just got in "oh look at that how lucky I can swim"!!!

• Like 1

I got a similar experience to the picture. Learned to swim pretty quickly and it did me no harm. Also my dad was pretty close by ready to pull me out if needed, which it wasn't.

I hate how these days kids are wrapped up in cotton wool and don't get to go on adventures where they risk life and limb without knowing the consequences. It's a great way to learn.

We had a row of garages/lock ups on our council estate. I can remember climbing up the fences to get on the roof when I was about 10. As kids, we all used to love the war films, and we used to run along the garages and then launch ourselves off the roof of the last one, remember to "pull the imaginary cord" and keep our knees together and bent as we landed on the grass 10, 12 feet or more away as "paratroopers". We used to shove a stick in the ground where we landed to see who go the farthest. We managed to survive without anyone getting impaled, breaking a bone, or losing an eye!

I also used to climb out of my parents bedroom window, there was a wooden ledge below less than an inch in width. I'd use that for my feet and hold on to the window sill and then shimmy across to the flat roof of our outhouse and then climb in to the house through the bathroom window. It was great fun, probably reckless, but I learnt to concentrate, hold on tight and not to fall! Great lessons...

These days, we've got a whole generation of namby pambys who dress like dicks ion their matching cotton shorts and shirts, go shopping in their nightwear and slippers and get mental health issues if they're not told every day how great they are. Some call that progress.....

I rest my case. That's a "mans outfit" apparently...

2-piece Men's Coconut Trees Print Summer Vacation Outfit Set, Men's Short Sleeve Lapel Shirt & Casual Pocket Shorts Set

• Like 2

The small print.

18 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

^^non-binary Eurovision contestant Andy?

If you're coming to the SELOC IoM trip this year you'll see me wearing mine for our evening meals in Douglas!  You're in for a real treat.

The small print.

It's Irish slang that doesn't have the same sexual connotation as the English version - it's not as course.

It's like in Scotland - C@nt is often used as a term that doesn't have the same, harsh, sexual connotation as it does in England.

The small print.

same as scouse frigging

7 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

IMG_5032.jpeg

can only guess which one you had

hindsight: the science that is never wrong