Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 259 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

To be fair, didn’t they actually film Moonraker before the Shuttle had ever taken off?

edit: just checked and yes the first NASA launch was in April 1981 (I remember watching it on TV at school),  whereas the film came out in 1979. Impressive take-off special effects considering.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

first NASA launch was in April 1981

Weekend of the Brixton riots - I remember it because we drove through Brixton on the way to Norfolk Broads early on the Saturday morning and watched the riots & the shuttle launch on the tiny TV that was on the hire boat. 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Wishing our friends and members in Florida good luck and safety, this is quite a storm just making landfall! 

satelliteian-l.webp

Friends of ours have a holiday home on Pine Island, the eye passed over it. Chances are it’s been flattened. Having experienced the eye of Hurricane Irma when it passed through, I can say it’s a distinct possibility. And going outside is highly dangerous, the chances of being struck and killed by debris are high.

Margate Exotics.

My sister lives under that - she's only just gone back after 2 weeks here - she'd not been back here since 2018 and her husband since 2011. They are now hiding indoors til it blows over.......

Dave.

On 27/09/2022 at 14:02, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Have any of the various space agencies outside of Hollywood knowingly detonated any explosive device in the vacuum of space? If so what was the effect?

This was the effect in our atmosphere after the 'Muricans detonated a nuclear device in outer space. It was called the "Starfish Prime" and the colours were created when charged particles from the blast hit stuff in our atmosphere. Starfish Prime was the largest of five detonations in outer space in the early 1960's. Interestingly this pre-dates the Health & Safety Expectorate so we were still able to do cool dangerous stuff!. Nowadays you can't even climb a ladder without filling out fourteen forms and a life disclaimer!

image.png.02e6e793502cb8a34a1fd667b610b01c.png

This picture was taken from when an astronaut exploded a wet fart when on the shuttle.

image.jpeg.f20ab4a5d4185a485769ee5015344e0a.jpeg

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 07/10/2022 at 07:38, mayevora said:

Building mountain roads…..

80D68C87-78D8-423F-B2D1-8C0175B12D36.jpeg

Those guys have the easy part of the job. I'd want to see the guys who put up the scaffolding in the first place! 😵

• Haha 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 08/10/2022 at 07:13, Escape said:

Those guys have the easy part of the job. I'd want to see the guys who put up the scaffolding in the first place! 😵

What about the poor devil having to put up the stakes showing the planned route???

• Haha 2

Or the one having to measure everything to draw up the plans. 😄 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

bbq met veel opbergruimte

if you spend so much time in the workshop you want to be able to prepare meals as well. Or just have nice BBQ with your mates after work. 🙂

I don't think food inspection would agree though!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Must be a very thirsty guy, if he needs 24 bottle openers!

I noticed that myself. I guess it's because he keeps losing his opener after the second beer. 🍺