Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 246 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Update couple of days ago. New rear glass fitted and tailgate back on. Sunroof repaired and now closes and seals. And for todays instalment.

Busy day ahead moving cars about, but went up early this morning to the garage to spend a couple of hours on my own car and see if there was life in the girl. She's been sitting for a few days with oil in the bores just for safety sake as I has previously turned her over from the crank. Stuck a battery in her and after a couple of dunt's on the starter solenoid she spun over with obvious spark at the leads. So being brave, plugs refitted, dummy fuel tank set up with an SU pump feeding directly to the carbs. The ever helpful Wendy Walsh in the seat and turned the key as requested. Bloody hell, didn't she just fire. Carb tops off for quick visual and both appeared to be spotlessly clean and the needles moving freely, so fired up the remote fuel tank, half choke and try a start. And away she went, bit smokey to start with due to the oil in the bores, but she did sound good. Only run her for about 40 seconds or so then shut her off. But man, I'm well chuffed. Original 30+ year old plugs, distributor cap was never touched, obviously oil, water etc all checked prior to crossing my fingers. Still can't load videos, so try this way.

You can scroll down the link and you will find all the video's. If you click more comments, that will open the latest video of 1st start.  I hope 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/18682611768/posts/10159970486046769/?comment_id=10159990350266769&notif_id=1713594220518654&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

• Like 2

You need to join the Facebook Group John, I've asked as keen to see the videos....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I know they get a hard time but I submitted my 2023-24 Self Assessment last Tuesday, online, to HMRC. I've never had any issues dealing with Self Assessment in over 25 years.

The tax man owed me over £7k apparently, and it was in my bank account this morning, just over a week later.

That made me happy!

Credit where credit is due, that's a great service!

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Refunds do come through quite quickly, because they are dealt with electronically - unless you get picked on to go through Security. Then, it can take forever.

Anything that involves a human takes an awful lot longer!

HMRC is without doubt the worst government department I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with. And that’s when they actually do answer the phone. These days, I write them a letter, as it’s just about as quick to get a response.

Margate Exotics.

11 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

HMRC is without doubt the worst government department I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with. And that’s when they actually do answer the phone. These days, I write them a letter, as it’s just about as quick to get a response.

I can tell from that comment that you haven’t had any in depth dealings with the DVLA, in particular their medical dept. A department full of first rate utter wankers if ever there was one! 😠😠😠

Saw my first red squirrel today.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Seen plenty in northern Europe, but never here.  Whereabouts?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Mersea island

12 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I’ve not yet had that dubious pleasure, but from what you’re saying, it’s possible that DVLA is populated by failed HMRC employees.

How about this lot

Screenshot_20240427-181235.png.8bccd8f6fab5208ba39dcd45c4321c4e.png

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Seen plenty in northern Europe, but never here.  Whereabouts?

We've got one in the Garden. It competes with the Woodpecker for the nuts n' stuff we put out. Fantastic to watch.

We've also got a Pheasant that comes for breakfast and a couple of deer that come to eat some of the spring bulbs new shoots.

Far better than seeing humans.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 26/04/2024 at 07:34, Chillidoggy said:

Agree. The last time I called them I was on hold for over 2 hours - and that was to pay them! Annoyingly I have to pay them my yearly Corporation Tax in the next 48 hours but at least I can do that electronically.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Our First Minister becoming our Last Minister. Whoopee.

6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Our First Minister becoming our Last Minister. Whoopee.

Makes you wonder about his mental arithmetic capabilities - I'll be expecting Ash Regan to be adding her entry to this topic anytime now  

• Like 1

BBC News - Pedestrian Auriol Grey has Huntingdon cyclist death conviction overturned
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-68975335

At last someone with some common sense. Perhaps now they will have another look at the speeding cyclist who killed a pedestrian 

• Like 1