Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 249 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Congratulations Ian

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Congratulations. Hope mum and baby are both doing well. What an honour.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

NB - This does not mean I will become any more responsible overnight.

Precisely what I was alluding to.  Terrible role model.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Welcome Grand Dad and Congratulations!

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

9 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Thanks!

NB - This does not mean I will become any more responsible overnight.

No, it means that you have become a member of the “now poorer club” overnight if my experience is anything to go by 😉

Congratulations 👍

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

Not forgetting, of course, the limitless babysitting opportunities.  The gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

When we first had kids, we moved closer to the in-laws so they could help with babysitting. It never really happened. The grandparents got ill in turn and we ended up having to look after them instead.

This is what's known as a complete backfire of well laid plans.  So sorry this happened to you and your family.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

10 hours ago, Sparky said:

Not forgetting, of course, the limitless babysitting opportunities.  The gift that keeps on giving.

Leaving aside the small matter of a 5-hour round trip and a pair of cats in residence.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
29 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Leaving aside the small matter of a 5-hour round trip and a pair of cats in residence.

Hehe, you think they'll  be doing the travelling?

25 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Hehe, you think they'll  be doing the travelling?

No, but it might just stop the spur of the moment jobs.

Margate Exotics.

Yesterday I again spotted a Tesla Cybertruck, this time in close quarters near home. Just a ludicrous abomination to behold.

29 minutes ago, drdoom said:

Yesterday I again spotted a Tesla Cybertruck, this time in close quarters near home. Just a ludicrous abomination to behold.

They look only a little bit better when wrapped, but otherwise it's an overdone Pontiac Aztek which was an abysmal failure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drdoom said:

abomination

sounds like Elon himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This evening at dinner I got a good look at the 2nd generation Acura NS-X and found its styling sublime, surpassing most hypercars of recent years in terms of balance, flow and integrity. Very smart in an orange shade rather like Colorado Orange familiar to Esprit fans.

6 hours ago, drdoom said:

This evening at dinner I got a good look at the 2nd generation Acura NS-X and found its styling sublime, surpassing most hypercars of recent years in terms of balance, flow and integrity. Very smart in an orange shade rather like Colorado Orange familiar to Esprit fans.

I find the 2nd gen NSX quite nice.  It's almost like they were thinking - imagine you were going to update an Esprit (regrettably there's no new Esprit).  The McLaren Artura is another design which resembles the Emira.  Of course, the Artura is much more powerful, and the price tag reflects that extra power.

Never appealed to me. Like many Japanese sports cars, it’s very transatlantic looking.

In fact it looks like it never appealed to anyone over here. These are the reported sale figures for all of Europe combined:

2017, 126 units; 2018, 45 units; 2019, 36 units; 2020, 8 units, 2021, 3 units.

Woeful.

3 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Never appealed to me. Like many Japanese sports cars, it’s very transatlantic looking.

In fact it looks like it never appealed to anyone over here. These are the reported sale figures for all of Europe combined:

2017, 126 units; 2018, 45 units; 2019, 36 units; 2020, 8 units, 2021, 3 units.

Woeful.

No wonder I haven't seen one in person.  

Supposedly they are fantastic. Big issue, iirc, is that there is only one official service centre for them in the UK, and it's in London. Ideal I suppose if you're a stock broker....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!