Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 208 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Doh, I've got some RAM and a graphics card here gathering dust if you want to build another sometime. I think it's 2 x 8GB and a 6GB gfx. Lemme know if you could use them at some point and I'll pop 'em in the post :)

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
So, last night the Mrs say's, lets send out 2021 with a BANG.
So we crank up the sound system, get all the Christmas lights on at the same time. And yes, they go out with a BANG.
Bloody fuse gone. No problem says I as the house gets cold (heating goes off with electric) we can light a fire. Kindlers on, bit of paper and some coal. And it's roaring.
Then I thinks. Which bright spark had that Idea, our chimney has been capped off so now we have a house full of smoke.
Call the fire brigade she say's.
Bloody phone wont work without power. No signal on the mobiles. Oooop's say I. Ding Dong, the clock strikes midnight. Well just as the small gas cannister which is lighting the stove near the fire goes out with a BANG. I say. Well Mrs, you got that one right.
Only joking.
Hope you all have a great, happy, healthy and prosperous 2022
From both Wendy, myself, all at Club Lotus North East Scotland. And of course LotusRescue.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A good new story.

#The 86-year-old runner who refuses to slow down - BBC News

An 86-year-old athlete has vowed to keep up the sporting pace.

Tony Bowman, from Guiseley in West Yorkshire, has been taking part in athletic events since he was a child.

Despite having two heart attacks and suffering heart failure three times, Mr Bowman holds numerous records for sprinting in his age bracket.

The veteran sportsman's ambition is to run the 100 metres aged 100 and to live to 120.

When asked if he still got a buzz from competing, Mr Bowman explained that in the moments before a race the "adrenaline rush is unbelievable".

We've got a chap at my hockey club still playing at 85. Last year when I played a match with my son (who is the youngest male hockey player at the club) on the team he plays for, there's a 73 year age gap.

Just taken the GT430 off SORN, heading up to Bucks tomorrow for the Sunday Scramble at Bicester Airfield. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

18 hours ago, march said:

Finally had our wood burner fitted in our new living room to be after over a year wait. Amazing bit of kit. It's T shirts and shorts all the way now!

Wood stove from HETA | Read about all our wood burning stoves here

Internet piccy - not our living room as it is still a work in progress (all be it a very toasty work in progress)

Smartest looking wood-burner I've ever seen. Most of them look like they're from the 15th century and at odds with modern house decor.

Margate Exotics.

All week rather than just today.

My wife and I were heavily involved in hockey when we lived in Africa, and currently, the Africa Cup of Nations is being played in Accra, Ghana - with "our" country involved in both the men's and women's competitions. This is being broadcast live over the internet, so we have been watching the matches. There has been a lot of shouting at the monitor :)

• Like 1

On 15/01/2022 at 15:02, 100th_Idiot said:

We found it by chance on Facebook. They are just arriving in the UK and there's only 2 (now one) supplier. More common in Europe and mostly used on commercial premises (bars and restaurants). We are really happy with it.

They are not considered permanent structures so don't need planning permission like a conservatory. On the other hand you have to think of them as open spaces as they are not thermally sealed.

https://www.verandair.com/fr/

We are getting some heating installed which will take the edge off the cold if we wish

There is guidance for the sizes of new conservatories, up to which they don't need planning permission. It depends on house type/size. For detached, it can go out up to 4 metres without permission. And as far as I know, you are not allowed to heat a conservatory, this is due to the poor insulation value of the glazing.

Your verandah looks very nice, the most versatile I've seen! 

Margate Exotics.