Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise/Exige picture & video thread - Page 20 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise/Exige picture & video thread

Bibs

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to watch the comparison on Fifth gear recharged yesterday, Plato had a petrol Elise vs the Tesla Roadster. The Elise won by 3 secs. He loved driving it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/06/2023 at 20:39, Bibs said:

Re: 10 things you never knew about the Lotus Elise...

The presenter mentions "fake shut-lines" and has no idea why they are there.

Sigh...

He obviously hasn't ever seen the inside of a clam - there are two separate pieces bonded together - and the shut line marks the join between the two.

8 hours ago, stevensr34 said:

Re: 10 things you never knew about the Lotus Elise...

The presenter mentions "fake shut-lines" and has no idea why they are there.

Sigh...

He obviously hasn't ever seen the inside of a clam - there are two separate pieces bonded together - and the shut line marks the join between the two.

I always wondered about these too, I always assumed that on newer models it was the ghost of the S1 Elise clam which had been evolved and it was probably cheaper to just overlay the revised clam on to some elements of the existing design?

As the clam is not hand made, the complex surface has to be manufactured in separate parts and then bonded together. This applies to both front and rear clams of the S2/S3. As the join would be obvious I guess they decided to make it a "feature" but it is there for a reason - its not really a "fake shut line"... more accurate would be a "bonding line".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/12/2023 at 00:09, Geek said:

This is my Elise s1 111s, purchased (via Pistonheads) about three months ago.

Lotus Elise S1 111s(1).JPG

Lotus Elise S1 111s(2).JPG

Just been for the first drive on the road of 2024  in the above Elise S1, the old chap in the Alfa 4c didn't wave :(, but the driver of the Alfa GTV 1750 did :). Drove about 22 miles so the car has now done 27000 (just a little over). I want to drive it lots of miles this year. Looking forward to attending Lotus events/meet ups in and around the North West.

• Like 2

Regards, Geek

Geek squad 3.jpg