Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 33 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Absolutey beautiful cars!!!  Congrats to you on them!

'89 Esprit, '77 Elite 503, '72 MGB, '95 XJ12, '10 Mini Cooper, '67 Imperial, '78 New Yorker, '76 Town & Country '73 Cessna 150

And for sale  at £25000 on ebay now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255125778280?hash=item3b66ae6f68:g:Ww0AAOSwfhJhN5ze

miss my old elite s2 altair green but was not using it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s a sad picture of the final production Elite I took in part exchange for my Altair Green Elite S2.2, criminal that they are allowed to get in this state, 28 years off road, last taxed 1993.

I wish I had time to devote to the rebuild but I don’t so it is currently on EBay, if I can find a dry storage facility I will decide to keep it and rebuild over a year or so, never say never.

David

74B98244-3BEF-4BE2-990E-4BEEB0D22F92.jpeg

EA7F2097-30A9-44D3-9702-0DF19A6E79B6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Escape said:

The lacker on the roof on my Excel has been peeling since I got it and I really needed to do something about it. So I had a friend come over to give her a new look. Very happy with the result and can't wait to show her on the local Rotary car run on Saturday (the crease behind the antenna is actually reflection from the roof light).1048507651_2021-09-2919_36_39.thumb.jpg.aa24f885b55315be1521f942bb3679b1.jpg

Also fitted a new brake master which cured the occasional soft pedal. Next up is fit a new radio and tidy up the interior.

And find her a new owner so I can focus on my (many) other projects...

Filip

Have to say, that looks really cool. 

14 minutes ago, LotusElan17 said:

Here’s a sad picture of the final production Elite I took in part exchange for my Altair Green Elite S2.2, criminal that they are allowed to get in this state, 28 years off road, last taxed 1993.

I wish I had time to devote to the rebuild but I don’t so it is currently on EBay, if I can find a dry storage facility I will decide to keep it and rebuild over a year or so, never say never.

David

74B98244-3BEF-4BE2-990E-4BEEB0D22F92.jpeg

EA7F2097-30A9-44D3-9702-0DF19A6E79B6.jpeg

This project looks superb. That will turn out to be a really special car. The first and last cars are always the best to have if you’re a serious collector. I wish I had the space. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 11:09, jep said:

Perfect timing @Escape. British cars (registered) now have to display a 'UK' sticker with flag not 'GB' when travelling to Europe. 111 years of history dumped in one signature of Boris's pen.

Justin

Not willing to stick up for Boris but I'm sure I read that the GB/UK thing was a UN ruling, not ours.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

41 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

Not willing to stick up for Boris but I'm sure I read that the GB/UK thing was a UN ruling, not ours.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/gb-car-sticker-to-be-replaced-by-new-uk-version/
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If we do get a decent amount of snow this year, I'll be sure to take out my Excel for some fun. 😎

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 1 month later...

Where are they now?

• WPG222S - untaxed 2007
  • F425LPK - untaxed 2012
  • A277GFA - SORN, last MOT 2014
  • HFG36T - currently taxed
  • Like 1

This gold s2.2 I did have a test drive of, when being sold by Derek Dean, Ruislip, it was an auto, the only auto Lotus I have driven.  Photo of it at Club Lotus do Stoneleigh, many years ago......may be 1992. 

ELITES2.JPG.203e272fec14b71b4a46cdcc58f98ad9.JPG

• Love 2

Derek Dean. What a character. I bought S3 Esprit steering wheel and brand new old stock S1 Esprit seats in brown from him back in 93. 

Auto Excel I have driven. They had a weird mechanical problem on some older ones that caused a potential nasty engine issue....I forget the technical jargon but I had a few fixed prior to export to Japan. 

Justin

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

This gold s2.2 I did have a test drive of, when being sold by Derek Dean, Ruislip, it was an auto, the only auto Lotus I have driven.  Photo of it at Club Lotus do Stoneleigh, many years ago......may be 1992. 

ELITES2.JPG.203e272fec14b71b4a46cdcc58f98ad9.JPG

Nice in Gold. Would you buy an auto then Keith.