Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 35 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

What a stunner that will be. Love the gold. I'm looking to bring the White Eclat back from its current coat of White back to original Orange as I recon there are only a couple of them left.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

South West Lotus are working on getting a customers gold Elite back together, should look great when finished.

image.thumb.jpeg.1324573198a877406be5f9efdf575b3b.jpeg

Oh lawd!!! What is the actual colour on that? Whatever it is, it looks gorgeous.

image.thumb.jpeg.a0b7da227a932682a49db79660020e18.jpeg

Just spotted this picture from earlier in the thread, I have the car two registrations before XPW 967X, Lotus Eclat Riviera in blue. 🙂

• Like 2

Ongoing restoration photos on the Dropbox link.

SWLC  have an open day is September, would have thought it might have been finished by then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Don't Be Foolish said:

You’re right, I just won’t go above 5mph so the flies can land on the windscreen rather than get squashed 🙂

Nah ... cover the car in clingfilm.

(It has been done before)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, soldave said:

This has probably been asked elsewhere, but are those seats original? Whatever they are, they look lovely as does the rest of the car!

Hi Dave, many thanks for your kind words. The front seats are original but were re-trimmed by a contact of Mike Taylor a couple of years ago. Bill.

• 1 month later...
On 02/08/2022 at 17:37, exeterjeep said:

South West Lotus are working on getting a customers gold Elite back together, should look great when finished.

This elite was one of the classic cars rescued from a collapsed tunnel in Liverpool that had been trapped for years. Also 2 years ago or so the engine disappeared.

See  https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/nostalgia/classic-cars-left-abandoned-under-23928827

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2022 at 22:49, Don't Be Foolish said:

Ash from K3 Mobile Valeting Services carried out a wash and brush up on my Elite today with amazing results. The only trouble is I won’t want to drive now it in case it gets dirty😄

C5C406E9-B79A-4CAD-AB7A-957CA93B34AB.jpeg

Did you change the dash yourself? It looks very good and suits the car. Do you have a complete picture of it?

Very lovely. Remembers me a bit of this so called "in-between model" from a Lotus guy with a complete rearranged dash board. 

There is a bit of dilemma with our wedges from the 80. Still wearing chrome in and outside but black was the colour of speed. I am every time torn between the two poles. 

Do you have a free view on the water temp gauge while driving?

• 2 weeks later...