Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 209 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

On 04/06/2022 at 11:31, C8RKH said:

I think I am addicted to Fire Red cars!

IMG_20220604_104137_hdr.jpg

It looked great in Killin today. 👀

Nice to see several Lotus out today - your group and another (unrelated?) yellow Evora in Lochearnhead.

I was undercover though (out cycling with my boys).  Lots of motorbikes and camper vans out today but it looked a bit busy for driving, so I wasn't too upset about leaving the Evora at home.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 30/05/2022 at 14:11, Rambo said:

............. run by BVAC at Thirlestane Castle, Lauder.

There are some smaller ones ie Moffat that are also good

Going to try and get to Thirlestaine but only as a visitor as I wasn't in a position to commit to the whole day when the names had to go in.

Moffat is good although I've only ever been as a visitor. Dumfries is also worth a visit - I've got an entry for it and will hopefully be able to make it.

@C8RKH Going to manage Glamis on the Sunday - spot already booked, or rather it was carried over from 2020.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 31/05/2022 at 10:19, au-yt said:

Can some one tell what the front bumper is?

Evora Front.jpg

As already confirmed by others, it is the WinAce GTC bumper. They're based in Indonesia so it might be worth contacting them direct if you're interested in any of their products, although they don't advertise any of their Lotus items on their website now that they have a couple of stockists. Otherwise your nearest stockist would be HethelSport in California.

http://www.win-ace-bodykits.com/index.php?route=common/home

https://hethelsport.com/exterior/front-bumpers/gtc/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

@C8RKH Going to manage Glamis on the Sunday - spot already booked, or rather it was carried over from 2020

Look forward to catching up David and seeing the mods to your car all finished 👍

7 hours ago, au-yt said:

Thank you I knew I had seen it somewhere, I see the win ace site doesn't list lotus anymore.

Eliseparts/Elise shop (can't remember which) if iirc is the European Stockist. 

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 02/06/2022 at 10:30, Phaeton91 said:

The car looks fantastic in that colour scheme.  

Is there a particular knack or gadget that people use when washing the wheels to clean the groove behind the spokes.  My fingers are taking a battering!

McGuiars's wheel brush.  Very soft and you can reach in to the back of the wheels.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEGUIARS-X1902EU-Wheel-Brush-Medium/dp/B07N9C7MGG/ref=asc_df_B07N9C7MGG/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310668964056&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14319959605044774696&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007430&hvtargid=pla-714707016127&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

• Like 1

I was at Donnington for the GTs, but parked my 400 in the main car park.

Yours looked good, but had a tough job against all the exotic cars around it 😀

Love a bit of camping out of sports cars. We did Le Mans 6 times with a 350z and 370z, a 911 and a Cayman. We haven't been since we got the Lotus, but each time managed a tent, gazebo, sleeping bags, folding chairs small table and a large cold box.

Packing to go is easy.....its not so good for the return journey if the usual rain has soaked your tent etc.

Enjoy.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Bateman said:

Packing to go is easy.....its not so good for the return journey if the usual rain has soaked your tent etc.

It's funny that. Despite all the beer cans, wine bottles, BBQ stuff, food etc that's consumed or disposed of on site it's much tougher packing on the way home. There always seems to be less room 😐

• Like 1

You're right.......my wife always says it's best to leave me be when I pack the car at home as I spend ages filling every gap or space.

On the camp site, despite the extra  food and beer space, I always pack in half the time and even quicker if its lashing down. 

I must admit, after a long w/e at Silverstone, Castle Combe, Donington, Goodwood etc... I've stopped trying to get the damp tent and flysheet back into the overly small tent bag. Life's too short !

7 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Thank you 👍.  That’s a good product and as you say, gets to the back of the wheels and further under the diffuser than a sponge as I have one of those.  

The bit that does my fingers in is the groove that runs round the circumference of the wheel immediately behind the spokes.  

If they did right angled toothbrushes or something similar, that would be perfect. 

1 hour ago, Phaeton91 said:

Thank you 👍.  That’s a good product and as you say, gets to the back of the wheels and further under the diffuser than a sponge as I have one of those.  

The bit that does my fingers in is the groove that runs round the circumference of the wheel immediately behind the spokes.  

If they did right angled toothbrushes or something similar, that would be perfect. 

As long as that dirt is not too engrained, placing that brush in the corner where the spoke meet the rim and gently twisting it gets to that bit, then do the same on the other side of the spoke.

7 hours ago, Phaeton91 said:

You can buy angled brushes off Amazon. Or try with an old toothbrush in boiling water. Bend into position then hold in that position until cold. It works quite well.

8 hours ago, Rambo said:

I must admit, after a long w/e at Silverstone, Castle Combe, Donington, Goodwood etc... I've stopped trying to get the damp tent and flysheet back into the overly small tent bag. Life's too short !

I met a nice guy at a music festival last week he runs a camping co that sets up a tent for you at various events including Le Mans & Silverstone 

we used the camping co and had a 4 person tent set up saving the need to transport a big item but more important didn’t need to take down and dry out a very damp tent ! 

33 minutes ago, sunbeamgls said:

I see Pistonheads have a partner that does this as an option - will look at these options and see what it does to the costs :)

Campeasy was company who do Silverstone F1