Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 166 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, NAC63 said:

Wow you don't have much luck do you. :cry:

Put it this way, I don't bother buying lottery tickets.

2 hours ago, jep said:

Sorry to hear this but don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the brilliant Evora.

Driving it is far more important than looking at it. Or for others to look at it. 

Justin

Biggest worry now is that its MOT test is due in 9 weeks time and I doubt it would pass with the headlight alignment as it sits just now, :rolleyes: .

EvoraInsurance301022018.JPG.e1b485110de1e56853b197fd653ecc42.JPG

• Gold FFM

Feckin eye.  The 'eventful' cataract surgery of several months ago was finally followed up today.  The eye can't focus at any length (I swear the lens is incorrect), and my new expensive varifocals became junk within a few weeks after assurances that the eye was 'quiet' after the infection.  They're now relying on corneal scarring as the issue and refusing to do anything about it other that look again in 6 months and check whether I want a transplant.  Screw that!  Meanwhile I'm advised to pay for a new prescription and resultant set of glasses, as "it might help a bit".

Maybe time to relinquish the NHS and pop to Moorfields...

• Sad 3

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

23 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Maybe time to relinquish the NHS and pop to Moorfields..

My father in law was under the care of Moorfields, a good experience - particularly after his experiences with the NHS in Watford.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that @Sparky. My father has been under Moorfields for many years as he has always had eye problems. A few cataract surgeries, detached retinas and other procedures were had over the years. I never heard him complain.

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Well it's been a new low for our GP practice (who before Covid they were brilliant). Carina had very dangerously high blood pressure (from home readings and reference to NHS website) and tried to book an appointment with the GP - the result was a text to a phone we don't have (the practice was told not to use the phone number as it was no longer valid) telling her to amend a dosage - No contact, No looking into underlying reasons, no nothing.

F/*£k doctors pay rises if they are going to behave like this - we don't live at the doctors, they are generally lucky to see us one year to the next so we are hardly a burden on their services. Currently looking at private options.

GP's work for private businesses funded by the NHS and their other activities. A close friend recently took a job as a GP Practice Manager and while the doctors work incredibly hard (their surgery is same day appointments with a named doctor) their pay is massive, top 1% massive. I think any payrises are for doctors within the NHS who earn a fraction of what GP's do. 

https://www.healthjobs.co.uk/blog/the-gp-salary--and--pay-guide/

Fingers crossed Carina gets better soon. If not, I'd be popping her along to either a walk-in or A&E if it's that high. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The public don't know the half of it re GPs, how they are funded, the fact they are often business "Partners" in their own businesses so get salaries, benefits and dividends from profits etc. That's why they need to employ Practice Managers to run their businesses.

The majority of the public still foolishly belief that Gps are NHS employees. By and large they are not.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Big thunderstorm, Big thunderclap, Big lightening, Big Bang from TV followed by small mushroom cloud above said TV, no more TV and knackered broadband router.

Tonight is going to be hell - No TV! 😱

Upside is I am feeling a bit smug as I made sure we had a spare router for just such occurrences and we are now googling for new TV. Any suggestions for a good budget TV?

2 hours ago, march said:

Big thunderstorm, Big thunderclap, Big lightening, Big Bang from TV followed by small mushroom cloud above said TV, no more TV and knackered broadband router.

Tonight is going to be hell - No TV! 😱

Upside is I am feeling a bit smug as I made sure we had a spare router for just such occurrences and we are now googling for new TV. Any suggestions for a good budget TV?

Costco if you can, believe it or not. They will give a 5 year guarantee and outprice the electrical retailers. Another vote for LG being good value

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Thanks for the comments - have just been lent a LG TV and it's awful (A real budget TV I suspect so probably an unfair comparison). Have plumped for a Samsung that is on sale (2021 model) that gets good reviews so will see how that goes - hope it's better than the LG. Comes with a 5 year warranty from John Lewis.

As an aside - just met a power company repair chap at the farm entrance and apparently our neighbours transformer was hit by lightening - literally just the other side of the lane from us. Also we are now the only house / farm on the lane that has broadband 😎.

Edited by march

We bought our first flat screen TV ahead of the 2010 World Cup. It was a 42” HD plasma Samsung and cost £499 from Currys. 13 years later it’s still doing brilliant service in our living room. Comfortably the best piece of technology I have ever bought. Despite many hours of use every day, it’s never gone wrong and I am yet to see a TV with a better picture. We also have the sound wired through even older CD player speakers for excellent stereo sound for films and football matches. Occasionally my wife suggests getting a new, bigger telly, but there really isn’t any point.

• Like 1

I got my first plasma around 20 years ago. I won't say what I paid but I was a Director of a successful IT Recruitment firm at the time and it was a lot!! I had people knocking on the door to see the telly on the wall!! 

I had a plasma in 2000. It was mounted on the wall and weighed a ton! It is still going strong - I donated it to a local cricket club for their clubhouse. 

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I haven't owned a telly since I was at uni.

Can't say it has made my unhappy, I'm quite content watching the occasional film or series on the computer screen.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

My bank won't let me pay in a 500 euro note. If it was fake, I'd be pretty dumb to be putting it into my own account! No where else seems to accept them either. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

My bank won't let me pay in a 500 euro note. If it was fake, I'd be pretty dumb to be putting it into my own account! No where else seems to accept them either. 

In 2015, I had reason to shift a lot of funds from my UK Bank to my French (Credit Agricole) Bank account after I'd opened it with a nominal amount. I took a lot of 500 euro notes and found the French petrol stations don't take them either.  Paying them into my CA Bank, each one was inspected very carefully..  I was told that the best forgers usually go for copies of the 500€ and very few Europeans have ever seen them ..  very strange ..

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think.