Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 87 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

4 hours ago, pete said:

Thought you were talking about leaders 😈

Regional Leaders or real country leaders. I was talking about the latter.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Drove off the Eurotunnel today, first one off and as we left the terminal saw a woman in clear distress climbing along the outside of a bridge. We stopped, Rachel tried to coax her down as her French is much better than mine and we stopped all the traffic coming off the train. A coach pulled under the bridge to lessen the fall and as I called the Police some people appeared on the top of the bridge and before long 7/8 of them grabbed her and pulled her back to safety. Not the nicest start to a trip but at least she didn't get to jump. Just had lots of thoughts of how to stop her and what first aid I knew if she did jump, a very sobering experience. 

• Sad 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

And now those poor coppers will have to fight for their jobs.  What a hateful world.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Should have been flying to Lanzarote today to enjoy 10 days in a warmer climate, until a bad attack of sciatica kicked in yesterday :angry:. No way can I take a 4 hour flight

Here's hoping that the insurance company are sympathetic when I call them tomorrow 🤔

• Sad 1

Hope it clears up Paul. My Dad suffered with it off and on for years and I could see the pain caused at times.

Good luck with the Insurance Company, hopefully they will be sensible. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Thanks Andy👍 I’ve only had it once before and that was 10 years ago.

I’ll be really pissed if the ins co play silly buggers since we only booked the holiday 3 weeks ago & there was no sign anything amiss then🙄

that's kind of a 'yay' moment..........but then you realise there's probably sod all chance they'll have it done by Christmas.....:thumbdown:

nowt like draggin in out.........altho' I hope they do a spot on job :thumbup:

:wallbash:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Because the house is so old (300 years at the front) the builders have recommended click vinyl flooring rather than engineered oak as it'll work better with the uneven floor. It's being screed and latexed but they said it will give a much better finish. 

Anyone have any experience with vinyl rather than laminate? It does look good, it's insulating, waterproof and hard wearing...

This is the chestnut...

ass_prod_img_9878600_1_1.jpg?w=484&hash=

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

It glues down normally. This new stuff is lovely - hardwearing and feels a lot warmer than tile.

if your likely to flood again go for tile. If not this stuff is far superior from a look and feel

• Like 1

Only here once

Hope this helps. No experience of it myself though.

https://www.architypes.net/flooring/vinyl/planks/

• Like 1

The small print.

There is a click oak veneer board that is good. Bit thicker than the vinyl however I have used both and nothing wrong with either

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Bibs said:

Because the house is so old (300 years at the front) the builders have recommended click vinyl flooring rather than engineered oak as it'll work better with the uneven floor. It's being screed and latexed but they said it will give a much better finish. 

Anyone have any experience with vinyl rather than laminate? It does look good, it's insulating, waterproof and hard wearing...

This is the chestnut...

ass_prod_img_9878600_1_1.jpg?w=484&hash=

Just had it professionally laid in our hall. Hate it, joints show after a short time. And it's not bloody cheap stuff either. I would rather have engineered wood.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Thanks John - Do you think it's the fitting or the materials that are at fault?

I recon its material. The stuff we got was bloody expensive, cushion backed. It's nice to walk on as feel softer and warmer than the engineered stuff, but 4 months down and some joints are giving up. Had the installation guy come and look at it and he recons a product design fault. This guy has been laying flooring for years and knows his tuff.

Not a fan of any of the thin stuff, vinyl included.

You need a 6mm plyboard to lay down in older houses and then a very good quality 3-5mm foam underlay.  I used a vapour barrier silver version that interlocks.  I have just completed the conservatory, hallway and bedroom in 15mm engineered bamboo and I will be doing the next house in it.  

Wonderful stuff it is warm, flexes, moisture resistant and woodworm and termites hate it!

Houses in our area typically don't have subsidence as the ground is all granite.

• Like 1

Hi John Do you have underfloor heating,is the flooring made by a company beginning am

5 minutes ago, Fueltheburn said:

Not a fan of any of the thin stuff, vinyl included.

You need a 6mm plyboard to lay down in older houses and then a very good quality 3-5mm foam underlay.  I used a vapour barrier silver version that interlocks.  I have just completed the conservatory, hallway and bedroom in 15mm engineered bamboo and I will be doing the next house in it.  

Wonderful stuff it is warm, flexes, moisture resistant and woodworm and termites hate it!

Houses in our area typically don't have subsidence as the ground is all granite.

All well and good but most houses can't accommodate 25mm thickness

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Any house can accommodate 25mm it just requires adjustment of other pieces.

I.e doors trimming, skirting put in after the flooring etc or adaption.  

None of which are a problem if you are rebuilding a house like bibs.  We were rebuilding and removed tiles previously in some areas we just lost some height of the previous skirting and just held in place with beading in some areas and used new skirting in others.

Obviously those houses with concrete floors can skip the 6mm plyboard.  This was to level up our floorboards and create a flatter base.