Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 159 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Everything. Everything is getting me down. COVID, Work, Friendships breaking down, not able to exercise due to illness, diagnosed with hemifacial spasm which is getting worse and could end up like Bells Palsy and I am back in hospital for a skimming and testing of new lumps where my old cancer was.

Sure its nothing but to say I am a "Little Depressed" is an understatement. and I missed the Forum Party. Been going since day 1 and missed you all. 

• Sad 7

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

4 hours ago, windymiller said:

day 24 of feeling shite with man flue, stocked up on anything that might remotely help from the pharmacy again 😔 anyone else suffering ?

A week after getting clear of COVID, I still have an annoying cough and sore chest!

• Sad 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

12 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

A week after getting clear of COVID, I still have an annoying cough and sore chest!

Almost lost my brother to Covid last year.  He has long Covid now as a result. Luckily his 5 day induced Coma allowed his body to heal enough to fight it off.  I hope your cough and chest get better soon.  You want to avoid long Covid because it sucks.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Hospital tomorrow. 7am, nil by mouth. General Anaesthetic. "Sorry Doc, why a general?"..... 

"Well Mr Kimberley we will be taking the skin off the head of your Penis and it will be super painful"

"Oh....... Will I be able to work the next day? I have a shift booked"

"What part of "taking the skin off the head of your Penis don't you understand"

Very quiet sad Homer " DOH".

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

A quiet & muffled DOH is very sad indeed.  I just had surgery for the Inspire (sleep apnea device) 6 days ago.  However, I would rather do my 3 back surgeries again than have a doctor mess with my junk.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

and i thought i had a shite day !!! 😚 had a bad car accident when i was 18 and suffered damage to my eye brow / lid and there was talk of a similar grafting procedure, it wasnt needed and now i raise an eyebrow at a bit of skirt on a purely voluntary basis !!! 

• Haha 1

Inspire is an FDA approved medical device (similar to a pacemaker) that's implanted under typically the patients right chest area.  Leads from device go to 2 areas.  One set attaches to rib cage and detects when the lungs stop.  Upon detection a pulse is sent through the 2nd set of leads which travels up the neck and to the back area of the tongue.   The pulse kicks the tongue out of the way allowing the patient to continue sleep normally.  My doctors success rate is 98%.  The other 2% are modifying settings for correct operation of the device.  No Cpap or bipap is necessary after the unit is activated.   It takes a month for the incisions to heal.  There are two inch and a half incisions.   One horizontal incision on the neck.  One on the right side of chest.  A Bluetooth enabled remote with software downloaded from Inspires mobile app.  

• Thanks 1

This was actually from yesterday…

A couple of months ago, I used the on-line portal to book my wife’s 4 year-old Polo for a big service and MOT at one of the VW main dealers local to us. I promptly received both an e-mail and phone call to confirm. A few days before the appointment, I got the on-line check-in e-mail and filled out the details for a second time with the addition of a rear windscreen wiper. 

We then turned up as agreed and left the car with them for a few hours. About an hour later I got the Health Check video and report, which strongly recommended 4 new tyres due to low (but not illegal) tread depth. I declined their quotation for these (can get them cheaper locally) and we collected it when it was ready.

Forward fast 3 weeks to yesterday and I started researching 4 new tyres. First up was Halfords on-line. When I inputted the registration, it informed that the car’s MOT had expired. That can’t be right, I thought. So I checked the Government website and sure enough it had expired the day after the VW visit. They hadn’t even tested it! To be fair my wife paid and I never saw the invoice, but that’s pretty crap.

Anyway, I immediately drove the car round the corner to our friendly independent Tyre & MOT place and they kindly quoted decent tyres at half the price of VW and an MOT. I just left the car with them and walked home. A few hours later, I got the call to collect. The car had passed the MOT, but they couldn’t understand why VW had recommended 4 new tyres. There was nothing wrong with them (4 - 5mm tread depth all round)! Consequently they wanted to check with me before replacing them, but they certainly didn’t feel it necessary, so I agreed. So I only had to pay the £50 for the MOT.

I won’t be using that VW dealer again.

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

had recommended 4 new tyres. There was nothing wrong with them (4 - 5mm tread depth all round)!

I usually get that from JLR, 'their' tyres over £250 each and were still at 4mm, no wonder people go to tyre shops, not main dealers for such. Similar if a dealer wants to change a battery or a battery in a fob.

As sad as that story is, it certainly doesn't surprise me.

When a friend of mine took her nearly new Polo to the dealer for a service, they refused to change the oil (after 1 year and around 10k, the main reason she wanted a service!) but gave her a hefty bill for replacing the brake fluid (that was fine). Needless to say it was her last visit, I've been doing her servicing (err, I mean her car) ever since.

And don't get me started on the €25 fee to check and fill the already full wiper fluid reservoir! There's a reason dealers are often called stealers. Though I concede they need to get their revenue from somewhere, with all the investments forced on them by HQ etc.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

On the rare occasions I find it necessary to visit a main dealer for spares, I sometimes laugh out loud at the bullshit 'service managers' are telling customers who thought they were getting a simple service.  I have been forced to use a dealer only once in my life (I was in hospital); they charged a fortune for a simple repair and cocked it up.  I put it right once I was back on my feet.

Main dealers are geared for fleet.  It's a cash cow that allows them to get away with plenty.  Private owners beware...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
On 12/12/2022 at 20:55, Bibs said:

Is this that new white coloured grass that I have heard people talking about?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
On 20/12/2022 at 22:03, Kimbers said:

Hospital tomorrow. 7am, nil by mouth. General Anaesthetic. "Sorry Doc, why a general?"..... 

"Well Mr Kimberley we will be taking the skin off the head of your Penis and it will be super painful"

"Oh....... Will I be able to work the next day? I have a shift booked"

This made me think about when we got our cat, Tukarmi, neutered.

We were going to the optometrist for one of the kids and just in general chat in the car, Jarryd, then 5, asked where Tukarmi was. The vets I said. Jarryd says he hopes that Tukarmi is ok when he gets home. Mum said he will probably be a bit unhappy as he is getting neutered. "What's that?" says the 5 year old.

Me. "Well, basically mate, Tukarmi is getting his nuts cut off."

Silence.

Then, "Owww."

• Haha 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)