Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 175 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Finished a three day job installing LVT to kitchen diner hall conservatory, my customers have been on site the whole time apart from popping out to pick up their sprogs from school.

Not one cup of tea offered the whole time😫

See what made you happy.

• Sad 1

I don't know you're age @Steve V8 but perhaps they're thinking that men of a certain age have to worry about their bladder capacity. 😁

I recall many years (OK many DECADES) ago, I must have been about 10 or 11 and somebody was fitting a new heating system, I made him a coffee using instant and hot water with some milk, later Mum arrived home and did him another, but made with hot milk no water. next time he was offered one he specified made with water, so that milk one must have been awful. perhaps you dodged a bullet and may have had a flow of awful drinks to avoid.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Finished a three day job installing LVT to kitchen diner hall conservatory, my customers have been on site the whole time apart from popping out to pick up their sprogs from school.

Not one cup of tea offered the whole time😫

See what made you happy.

What's LVT?

Did it say in your contract beverages were to be provided? You were being paid to do a job, not drink tea!  🤣:blobfire:

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

As opposed to SVT then?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is a condition where your heart suddenly beats much faster than normal. It's not usually serious,  
  • Haha 1

I was thinking more like SVT - Shite Vinyl Tiles.

On looking up LVT's the general impression I got was don't do it - can't be repaired, can be a pain to remove, etc... But then as usual I was probably using the pessimistic search options in Google, as usual.

On a related note, it has always amazed me that when people come to my house, to do work, that I am paying them to do, they generally expect tea, coffee and biscuits to be provided regularly. Indeed, I have heard of people "expecting" to get lunch, sandwiches, cakes etc. WTF? Though this does seem to come from the under 35's. You know, the ones probably still suckling from their mothers breast whilst sponging a free place to live shielded from the real world. I believe in Italy they call them Mammoni's.

Why is it expected? You're being paid to do a job. Usually paid quite well too. You're not being paid to be a best mate, an aunt, or a long lost cousin.

By the way, just out of courtesy, I generally do offer tea, coffee, water, juice, but rarely biscuits, quite simply, because we just don't buy them and have them in the house.

The small print.

It is good tea and coffee (latter machine made, none of that instant shit) that you'd be offered Pete.

• Like 1

The small print.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I was thinking more like SVT - Shite Vinyl Tiles.

When Steve posted LVT, I had to Google in the context of flooring, but had similar thoughts as you Andy re luxurious compared to what other vinyl tiles.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

The thing is, generally 99% of the time you get offered a cup of tea, so I don't bother taking a drink or flask, so when no liquid sustenance is forthcoming (even after what's the 20th letter of the alphabet) you know you're in for a dry spell🫤

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, andydclements said:

Andy re luxurious compared to what other vinyl tiles.

The SVT ones available at your local DIY shop.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 11:00, C8RKH said:

What's LVT?

Did it say in your contract beverages were to be provided? You were being paid to do a job, not drink tea!  🤣:blobfire:

https://localvehicletransport.co.uk/

• Thanks 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sold Eagle Evora today. Lovely buyer, his first Lotus, a biker too. 

Collection pending but he's paid for half the car already. 

6 very happy years with a very special car. Thank you Lotus. 

I'm happy too as dosh will come in handy. 

IMG20231011092309.jpg

Justin

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Rambo said:

ardent red Elsie

I once knew a girl. She was a hard and red Elsie. Boy did she go :)

• Haha 1

The small print.

@jep I can understand the mixed feelings: happy because of a good sale, but sad to see such a car go. Do you have a replacement in mind?

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I once knew a girl. She was a hard and red Elsie. Boy did she go when she saw me :)

FTFY 😉

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

@Escape no replacement planned, I was not using the Evora for long road trips and Sunday fun, it became my daily. I thought it wasted doing this, much as I adore it. I tend to use Elise S1 for weekend fun - Evora is brilliant on A and B roads but I found myself always with Elise. Lucky me 🙂

I'll buy a Twingo 3 to commute with. They have character but are not a true driver's car.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Came out of the house today to take a hedgehog to the rescue centre, key in hand and there was an empty space where the Abarth was last night. No idea how as the keys are safe and it's not keyless. No glass on the floor.

Bugger.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

Did they just pick it up and walk off with it?

I think thieves are real scumbags and we need to bring back the stocks and bad veg!

The small print.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Did they just pick it up and walk off with it?

I think thieves are real scumbags and we need to bring back the stocks and bad veg!

Yeah, it's really annoying. Can't stand people who don't respect other people. 

Abarth are easy to steal it seems. Largely just need a device for the OBD to override the immobiliser. They don't fit alarms to them. Apparently 7-10% of registered ones get stolen a year 🤯

• Sad 3

Had a blood test this morning, phone call from doctor this afternoon to come into surgery tomorrow morning for an ECG. 😠

• Sad 3

hindsight: the science that is never wrong