Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 61 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

Sigh................. There's always someone in a crowd who thinks they are funny. :P

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Can’t get my Le Mans vinal Car decs on the Car!! Annoying me how easy they are meant to go on. Weather is not helping. 🌞😡

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I have spent nearly the entire day trying to get our electric shadecloth blinds at the back of our house to run correctly in their tracks. Took the guide covers off and undid some work that a guy from the company said would fix our issues. His work made them worse and fixed nothing.

Anyway, after a fair bit of mucking around to try and get the curtains to roll up squarely, I got my spirit levels out. Every single curtain and set of guides are set up out of level and square. It is no wonder that the things keep pulling the curtain edge out of the tracks.

Now will have to wait until it gets warmer to basically pull the whole lot down and set them up level and square to the guides.

And they weren't cheap.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Waiting behind some pillock in Karen Millen because SWMBO wanted to return a dress with a faulty zip. 

20 minutes whilst the guy in front returned and re-bought what must have been his wife's entire wardrobe, because the items had gone down further in the latest sale reductions and he wanted them at the cheaper price... his wife meanwhile was off to Dotty P's to do exactly the same thing.

A woman did exactly the same last time we were in there. Get a F8%$ing life!!

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Don't ever go shopping at the weekend. Ever. It is just wrong. 

So serves you right😚

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Had to it will be too late to return after the IOM and she’s working Mon-Wed. Last time was mid week. :yes:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Cystoscopy. My new least favourite thing. "You may feel a little uncomfortable"..... HOLY F***ing SHIT! Uncomfortable???? 

• Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Yes, I've heard the pain is inversely proportional to a man's 'stature'.

I've had several with little to no discomfort.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

He got out this long tube with a camera on the end I said "You will not need all that I promise you!" 

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

7 hours ago, Buddsy said:

MOT was booked in last week for the Esprit.

I like to remove the under tray before an MOT and give it a wipe over and have a look at the cam belt and bits and I notice a small nick in the rubber elbow that is attached to the water pump where the long section of the cam belt has occasionally been vibrating against.

Its only a tiny nick...hmmmm....probably be ok but I guess I really should replace it and adjust the cable ties to keep it away.

Drain the system then the fun and games of laying on top of the engine and reaching down to refit the pipe and a jubilee clip. From above I can get one hand down to it...From below I can get one hand up to it....

After ages Im all back together so go through the refilling the coolant sequence...but whats that noise? Yay coolant pissing out all over the floor. :shock:

Turns out as I had tightened the jubilee clip on it must have twisted off the water pump spigot a bit...

Took me 3 days before I could face trying again.

One of the troubles is the water pump spigot is pretty short which doesn't help. I had tighten the jubilee clip a small amount then check it was on in the right place a little at a time.

Eventually got all back together filled and bled. Its a bastard of a job...An access panel behind the seats to the front of the engine would have made this job and cam belt change a doddle...

buddsy 

What a pain in the arse. Good to hear your still alive, not sen you in ages 😀

11 hours ago, Kimbers said:

He got out this long tube with a camera on the end I said "You will not need all that I promise you!" 

Could all be done very cheaply.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/5-5mm-Mini-Camera-Recordable-Video-Inspection-Borescope-Car-Engine-Snake-Scopes-/232168971523

22 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Cystoscopy. My new least favourite thing. "You may feel a little uncomfortable"..... HOLY F***ing SHIT! Uncomfortable???? 

I get the names mixed up of the different procedures. Had to have the camera down the throat a few years ago to finally confirm if I had Coeliac disease or not. Been told that they’d prefer it if I just had the local anaesthetic, so sat there waiting my turn, girl in front of me in the queue goes in. I’m last & it seems like I’ve been nervously sat there for ages, when there’s an awful lot of people rushing around & the door bangs open with the previous girl still on the bed, being pushed past me at speed! Apparently I was as white as a sheet as a nurse put her hand on my shoulder, if I’d have still had my shirt on instead of a hospital smock I’d have probably walked. They let me have full anaesthetic.

Had the camera up the main artery in my arm to check my heart whilst awake & they want you to watch it on the screen above your head too. 

Anyway I’ll come back to this thread later for the reason I’m unhappy currently 🙁

Cystoscopy: Camera up your old man!

• Confused 1

And I don't mean my dad!

• Haha 1

Got my pension statement today:

Current monthly contributions: £187.50 Me, £133 Work, £50 Govt. Total a month £370.50.

"When you retire your pension will be worth £2011 a year......right. So thats £167.58 a month. Less than half of my total contributions! You must be having a fucking giraffe!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Got my pension statement today:

Current monthly contributions: £187.50 Me, £133 Work, £50 Govt. Total a month £370.50.

"When you retire your pension will be worth £2011 a year......right. So thats £167.58 a month. Less than half of my total contributions! You must be having a fucking giraffe!!!!!!!!!!

That's why we have chucked most of my money into properties .   Plus once we are  gone my kids will get what ever the government  doesn't grab.  Needs a bit more effort but in the long run it wins.

Being fair to the pension it depends how long your paying at that price and how long  you plan on living.

• Confused 1

Both of my elderly parents are in the same (currently) local Hospital, Mum, the last two weeks (osteoporosis, a lot of pain & apparently resulting mental health issues) & Dad for a week now (lymphoma but issues with a stomach op carried out 2-3years ago & exhaustion from looking after Mum, whilst not letting on how ill she really was. A very clever man & mentally still firing on all cylinders). Both of them just seem to have wasted away, Dad wants to tell Mum so much when we take them to see each other but Mum’s memory & reactions to things aren’t good. Watching him try to tell her that they can’t do much for him this afternoon was heartbreaking. Didn’t expect either of them to be like this in their old age for some reason. 

At 54 it’s put me off getting much older...

• Sad 1