Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 67 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

Try owning a lwb vivaro van brand new and gearbox lasted 30kmiles. Made of chocolate. It now looses water at the same rate as diesel. 

Three bastard times they’ve had it in - every time I get a Vauxhall Adam and they take a week to fuck it up.

lost my shit real bad with Vauxhall last time - they are sorting a courtesy van presently so they can have the van for even longer and probably fuck it up even more.

reckon the Lexus IS a pretty smart loaner.

You should have been given a van! That's not even close to like for like! 

1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

So, the whole point of this thread is what made you UNHAPPY.

Why do we keep clashing C8RKH? It was in no way personal to anyone, nor did I name what dealer this was. It was left as a moan.

I get the #firstworldproblems, because yes it is a small thing to bitch about, but it's a fuss to me. I expect better service from a premium brand.

To be fair you’ve got a £30k car there. That’s pretty good if you ask me.  That said I was considering buying one till I test drove one so I do know what they drive like, but still anything over a basic spec supermini and you are doing pretty well. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

You should have been given a van! That's not even close to like for like! 

Tell me about it - made work close on impossible for the periods they had the van. This time I’ve flat refused to have anything else - is took some time to sort - but I think they might have a van in the next week. 

Itll be the last vauxhall for me plain and simple 

Only here once

11 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

So, the whole point of this thread is what made you UNHAPPY.

Why do we keep clashing C8RKH? It was in no way personal to anyone, nor did I name what dealer this was. It was left as a moan.

I get the #firstworldproblems, because yes it is a small thing to bitch about, but it's a fuss to me. I expect better service from a premium brand.

I just replied with my pov. Could not see what was wrong with a £30k+ almost new car as a courtesy car and why that woukd make someone happy. Especially as it was red too 😁

Guess we are just different, nothing personal. Nae bother. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

So then motortrade folks how does this work?

My 2017 vivaro van herein referred to as Shitvan has been loosing water for months. Baylis worcester have had it three times each for a week. 
Each time I’ve been given a Vauxhall Adam as a courtesy vehicle whilst they look at shitvan and fail to fix it.
It now needs to go in again - probably to put a new engine in. I’ve point blank refused an Adam and they’ve now after 8 weeks found a courtesy van for me to use.

However - here’s the rub

I need to insure the new shitvan - but it’s not mine, I’m not the registered keeper and my insurance company @AIBinsurance -  whom I have 4 vehicles covered with, just laughed at me and said can’t be done.

Anyone got any suggestions ??

Only here once

Doesn't your insurance allow you to drive the loan shitvan on 3rd party cover as long as the dealer has some insurance on it already? As a loan car from your garage it ought to be covered. When my Jag was in the garage and I had a loaner I was covered 3rd party that way

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Nope - no third party extension on commercial vehicles with aib.

well and truely fed up with shitvan - Vauxhall’s have now sorted the insurance problem however

And yes @Bazza 907 you are correct - many insurance companies are removing this third party cover which used to be standard on every fully comp policy when I was younger

Only here once

Something else to be aware  of with the driving other vehicles extension, the other vehicle often has to be insured in its own right before you can drive it. Few policies now allow 3rd party cover on a different vehicle if it's not insured by the owner. :) 

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM

So couple of weeks back my laptop gave up the ghost, so I buy a new one plus a 1 TB hard drive. So transfer couple of hundred photographs to the hard drive and delete from old laptop. The photo's are a record of all the work carried out on the S1. So plug hard drive into the new laptop and all the pics have gone. Bugger, not to be found on either laptop or hard drive. Who's all the tech gurus on here who can help out then. HELP.

If you have just deleted them from the old laptop they may be recoverable. It's best not to start up or use the old laptop until you try. It would need some software and preferably the (laptop) hard disk connected as a second device to another PC. 

When you delete a file on a PC, it only deletes the fle index and not the data. This is why you may be able to recover it but only if the physical space on the disk hasn't been overwtritten with new data (which is why you should avoid using it).

May be best to take it somewhere to get the data recovered if you don't have the necessary hardware and software to do it yourself. :) 

It's getting there......

4 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

So couple of weeks back my laptop gave up the ghost, so I buy a new one plus a 1 TB hard drive. So transfer couple of hundred photographs to the hard drive and delete from old laptop. The photo's are a record of all the work carried out on the S1. So plug hard drive into the new laptop and all the pics have gone. Bugger, not to be found on either laptop or hard drive. Who's all the tech gurus on here who can help out then. HELP.

Search from a Windows prompt.  Type in *.jpg and search all media (i.e. local drives and thumb drives and external drives).  This assumes you shoot jpeg format and not Raw, DNG, etc otherwise you'll need to type that extension.  This command will locate all files with a .jpg extension on your PC or Laptop.  Again, assumes Windows OS (Operating System).

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

You can also restore the items in the Recycle Bin just in case you did not "permanently" them (depends on how your defaults are setup).  If that doesn't work, you could attempt a System Recovery (although it's not suppose touch actual files - only program files).  Restore Windows to earlier date - A known working state.  Again, this System Restore is a stretch but Data Recovery can be expensive.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

Deleting of files very rarely actually deletes the files. Should none of the approaches mentioned above deliver the goods there are utilities out there (search 'undelete' or similar on google and they will pop up), some are free some are not they should be found especially if nothing has been done to the disk since they were deleted.

Thinking about it - if you use the restore to a known good point option this may not work so may be worth trying this before attempting a restore.

DONT do a system restore.

You'll not get them back and will overwrite the physical disk space they are on. They will become unrecoverable. :) 

It's getting there......

With zero warning I'm unable to leave my road in a car. There's been road resurfacing work for the main road out of the village, all planned and the decided they would not go further than the  house nearest to the industrial estate. Well it seems the road resurfacers have extra material so they've decided they'll go a further 150 to 200m towards the village... completely blocking 3 side roads providing access to around 70 houses. :veryangry:

Carina has just got a fine for staying too long in Sainsbury's car park - £140.00. She was shopping IN SAINSBURY'S for the catering at her father's funeral - Total Bastards. Guess we will not be shopping at Sainsbury's any more.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, march said:

Carina has just got a fine for staying too long in Sainsbury's car park - £140.00. She was shopping IN SAINSBURY'S for the catering at her father's funeral - Total Bastards. Guess we will not be shopping at Sainsbury's any more.

I'm sorry for your loss.

That's ridiculous, whatever you do, do not pay the fine.  Speak to the issuer and provide a copy of the till receipt etc.  If they don't play ball, then I'm sure the local paper will take an interest and add significantly to the boycott.

On 12/09/2018 at 11:01, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Taking in a £50k car for warranty work and being given this hunk of shite as a courtesy car.

Radar cruise control is the annoying feature, as well as being a hybrid cvt. Lots to hate, one unhappy customer.

I hear B&C give Lotus as a courtesy car? I'm not saying I expect an Exige or Evora but come on, even a base Elise would be okay!

IMG-20180912-WA0005.jpeg

Bloody hell, I’d love it if B&C would lend me something like that! Bought my car new from them & I get to do the 120 mile trip in a manual Nissan Juke. At the end of the day it’s transport to get you home & I don’t care.

12 hours ago, march said:

I have just read the paperwork. The company is a debt collection agency who buys unpaid private parking 'fines' and appears from Internet searches to be a real nasty piece of work who never let the truth get in the way of being able to intimidating people into paying. The piece of paper does not state it is a fine and references spurious high court cases and bailiffs etc.. and offers no proof of the incident actually happening.

The big mistake they have made is that they name Carina's father as the person at fault - pretty impressive as his funeral was the next day, I'd like to see them try and recover this money - oh well they can always try and take him to court.

It's nice to know that the DVLA is yet another public body that is responsibly taking care of our personal data by selling it to whoever will buy it!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, 2GOOD said:

Bloody hell, I’d love it if B&C would lend me something like that! Bought my car new from them & I get to do the 120 mile trip in a manual Nissan Juke. At the end of the day it’s transport to get you home & I don’t care.

I think this why I reacted tge way I did @RoflOnMyWaffle. Calling it a "hunk of shite" was what irked me and was quite an emotive ststement.

If you had just said you were disapointed to not get a Lotus blah blah then I think reactions woukd have been different.

There are hundreds of thousands of families/people in the UK who woukd be chuffed to have a car like that. It wasn't as though they had actually given you a hunk of shite banger.

As I've said before though we are all different with different values and that is good.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

People who insist on putting their bags on train seats. One woman took up four seats on a packed commuter train this morning. I got on the train and several people were standing so I went over to her and asked her nicely to move her bag so i could sit down on one of the other three seats she had commandeered. She looked at me as though I'd just told her she was a " fat and useless bint of a woman who was stealing oxygen from more deserving people on the planet". She was none of those things of course, she was just a selfish bitch!  Needless to say I enjoyed my seat for the 90 minute journey. Didn't get her name, she was a bit short on the conversation front.

The small print.