Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 91 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Nice to know you all love me so much you think that I am the poor relation in my relationship! Actually she's very lucky to have me................ honest!

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Some may have seen my mini rant on Facebook group but yeah.

Firstly had no internet for 24 hours, bit annoying. Realised how much of my life nowadays requires it. TV, 90% of gaming, even if you want to play "offline"... but no work was nice!

Anyways. Got a trip to Back on Track tomorrow for MOT and service, expensive but has to be done and keep the car happy.

Opened the car to find a small puddle/pool on the sill as usual since Oct! So I decided to check Deroure for prices to replace them all on ONE SIDE. 

Bit miffed to see it's £403 inc VAT for 3 seals. Across the back of the roof/window, the roof seal the window rests against, and the front seal. So assuming double for the other side to match should that leak. Thats an £806 bill, plus fitting...

Now forgive me, but shouldn't water ingress be covered under warranty, due to faulty seals?

I've had cars 10+ years old, seals solid. This car is 3 years old almost to the day, and dealers have no interest in fixing it. 

Took it to my local dealer thinking they know how to align the roof and windows, it'll be worth the cost of having it sorted.

Came back, leaking more than before! Waste of time and money. Sent a complaining email (I wouldn't mind paying if it fixed it, not made it worse!) And never heard back. Have decided this is the 2nd time in a row their service has sucked (last time took near 2 hours for a set of tyres to be changed, pre booked) 

Now, do I ask Jezz to have a look before replacing the seals, or take it to B&C and hope their continued reputation and level of service prevails in terms of warranty? 

Really unhappy at learning today that we are all doomed. Doomed I tell ya, doomed

Who says so, well that “know it all” Attenborough says so, talking down to us all again :2guns:

Is it only me or does this guy get right on anyone else’s tits :wallbash:

So I was looking forward to buying a GTD40 last week (the holy grail of cars for me) and got very excited.

I knew interior space inside was limited, so the seats were removed and I sat on the carpet.  However my 6ft 5 frame didn't fit well in the car and my head didn't fit under the roof / door.

So there's another dream gone to dust :(

Only positive is I'll keep my American stuff for a while longer.

49420791956_ad73ba48da_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well it all subjective.  I think the Ford GT was a poor pretender.  And most of the recent modern offerings from manufactures look over designed.

And I'm a Designer by profession for 30 years.

But I'm guessing you're a youngster and entitled to your opinion.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yep, agree.  I don't think there's a car out that looks better than this.

J40GTC-1-of-35.jpg

Taking it that is the Hoffmans car. Simply stunning. Also taking it you couldn't actually drive it. What was your impression of build quality etc?

I would love that car. Beautiful and like you I think the 2006 car was a poor imitation but I do like the current GT40.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Totally agree and yes, the Hofmann's car.

The current GT40 is jaw dropping.  I went to Stoner Supercar Sunday last year and one turned up in black.  All of a sudden the Lambos looked boring, it stole the show.

The build quality of this GTD40 is really good, it's a superb car.  I saw it at Hofmanns 2 years ago, it was in for a service, I saw it and thought that was the car.

There's a chance I could still buy it.  I'm going there on Thursday, they have a Gurney Bubble which needs fitting on the roof / door top, which would give me a couple of inches of head room.  Lets hope.

• Love 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Mark Blanchard said:

............ I'm going there on Thursday, they have a Gurney Bubble which needs fitting on the roof / door top, which would give me a couple of inches of head room.  Lets hope.

Failing that, you could always adopt the JC approach to fitting in, :P .

jeremy clarkson gt40.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Yep, agree.  I don't think there's a car out that looks better than this.

J40GTC-1-of-35.jpg

I'm just back from a trip to the grocery store where I stopped to pick up a couple of lottery tickets. In the admittedly unlikely event of my numbers coming up, and if @Mark Blanchard doesn't scoop it up, that car may well follow the path I went down at age 3 and move from the UK to Canada.

• Like 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Last night next door neighbours house burnt to the ground.  They have lost everything.  Trying to feed and cloth them a bit today.  Everyone safe fortunately and Ive inherited a hamster!

Only happy one is my wife with around 70 firemen walking through our garden all night in their uniform.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/fire-thatched-cottage-barningham-1-6476917?jwsource=fb&fbclid=IwAR3pq3pbmggRPOeQa1v8v1_sQw50xegn4alcuFetf7otG9iWiL7pK9mm1Bw

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, PhilW said:

Last night next door neighbours house burnt to the ground.  They have lost everything.  Trying to feed and cloth them a bit today.  Everyone safe fortunately and Ive inherited a hamster!

Only happy one is my wife with around 70 firemen walking through our garden all night in their uniform.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/fire-thatched-cottage-barningham-1-6476917?jwsource=fb&fbclid=IwAR3pq3pbmggRPOeQa1v8v1_sQw50xegn4alcuFetf7otG9iWiL7pK9mm1Bw

Sorry for your Neighbours Phil, that's a complete bastard. Given all the rain we've had lately, it isn't hard to imagine the smoke - the thatch must have been sodden! Glad everyone was unhurt.

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Yes its pretty bad Barry. They ran a small business from there too. Lost everything including their income. Locals are being pretty good. Collections going on for clothes and basic things like toiletries. Last night outside i was trying to get to the house with a wet towel on my face. All i could hear was people screaming. Got there and found people out and safe. Smoke was unbelievable. I literally couldnt see my hands it was so thick. I have taken some smoke in but ok. I now totally understand the dangers of smoke and how quickly it disables you. Check your smoke alarms everyone!!

Saw a few GT's when I popped to Spa last year...

20190928_132627.jpg

@PhilW, sorry to hear about your neighbours home, that's one hell of a fire. Good on your and your local community to rally around. Having recently been through a flood which involved most of the internals of the house being rebuilt, I feel a small percentage of their pain. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I couldn't come out to Watkins Glen in '89 from Mass so I missed that GT-40 reunion. I moved out this way in '93, but never seen as many since.

Image result for gt40 reunion watkins glen panoramic

• Like 1

Had to replace the front vented discs on my custom transit after only 30,000 miles. One of the discs had separated into two .

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

10 hours ago, pete said:

Had to replace the front vented discs on my custom transit after only 30,000 miles. One of the discs had separated into two .

Must source them from MINI. Wife’s JCW had rear discs and pads at 15k and fronts at£20k. She drives like Miss Daisy too, although she does like a dab of the brakes.  I once followed her in the lotus. Between me touching the brakes once and the next time I counted her brake lights come on over 20 times :shock:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Just had a reply back from the Highland Council regarding my claim for a new tyre (over £200 and only replaced a few months ago) after hitting a pothole just before Christmas. Claim denied on the usual excuse of they didn't know about it so how can they fix it, which I think is BS as there's evidence of a previous repair.

In law, ignorance is not an excuse but it seems it is for the council! 

IMG_5251.thumb.jpg.a2121581f4dabe3525908691559685d2.jpg

IMG_5258.thumb.jpg.342de3b9339cea70dea45e10c18df155.jpg

IMG_5370.JPG.5ce66195842b9f5660cf3285e4f085b4.JPG

Signature not working...

3 hours ago, Mysterae said:

Just had a reply back from the Highland Council regarding my claim for a new tyre (over £200 and only replaced a few months ago) after hitting a pothole just before Christmas. Claim denied on the usual excuse of they didn't know about it so how can they fix it, which I think is BS as there's evidence of a previous repair.

In law, ignorance is not an excuse but it seems it is for the council! 

Annoying, and I sympathise, but a couple of points here it may be worth exploring:

Previous repair - the defect has been repaired, so unless the council are aware that that it needs repairing again the fact it has been repaired in the past is not material. If the damage had been because you can prove that the repair was not carried out competently you may have a case.

Ignorance not being an excuse - a common misconception. Just because something is wrong does not make the owner automatically liable for anything that happens. To be liable you have to be negligent. Just because something is in need of repair does not automatically mean the council is negligent. All that they have to do is to prove that they have a reasonable inspection regime and that they respond to defects in a reasonable period.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

@Colin P Thanks for that, but it's such a get out. Technically as long as they survey the road and prove it, they can then put the public at risk of property damage and even personal injury without recourse. Once I'd reported it and requested a claim form, a pit crew was out repairing it but what they failed to do was fill in the other 10 pot holes (so big people can see and avoid them) that are present on that road on the way to the one I reported. Why didn't they fill in those? Because no one has reported them...and so the cycle continues.

Most people, and I count myself in this, don't report pot holes unless they are personally affected by them. The council know this and use it as a get out of paying card.  

Signature not working...