Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 92 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

42 minutes ago, Mysterae said:

1) Once I'd reported it and requested a claim form, a pit crew was out repairing it

2) but what they failed to do was fill in the other 10 pot holes (so big people can see and avoid them) that are present on that road on the way to the one I reported. Why didn't they fill in those? Because no one has reported them...and so the cycle continues.

1) which will form part of their defense - "we deal with all known issues quickly once identified" and they "have a reasonable protocol to survey and identify defects".

2) probably because they sub contract the work and the sub contractor only has an order for the 1 pothole. They won't report the other potholes, so the council still don't know about them.

The council cannot feasibly employ sufficient people to survey all their roads on a daily basis and to do so would be disproportionate and end up included in your council tax anyway, so the law reflects this and requires "reasonable precautions" as a defense so that an undue burden is not placed upon a landowner (council or private - it is the same for everyone). You can only sue someone if they are negligent, if you can prove that you have acted reasonably then you are not negligent. 

Anyhow, don't want you thinking I'm unsympathetic, but I do have reason to be aware of the challenges that the councils face, the claims made against them, their defenses to them and the financial consequences on the councils, so just sharing the other side of the coin.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

@Colin P I understand your take completely. Hearing the excuses doesn't make me any less unhappy or sympathetic considering the overall state of the road and the default GTF stance of the council. What's even more outrageous is I tried to report a pot hole so big that Hugo Drax was prospecting it, but their online pot hole reporting system crashed at the final stage, on both attempts. Now I'm not saying ......

Signature not working...

23 hours ago, Bibs said:

Saw a few GT's when I popped to Spa last year...

20190928_132627.jpg

@PhilW, sorry to hear about your neighbours home, that's one hell of a fire. Good on your and your local community to rally around. Having recently been through a flood which involved most of the internals of the house being rebuilt, I feel a small percentage of their pain. 

Wow, stunning shot!

Ok, so this did not make me unhappy. But it did make me vomit!

nissan-gt-r50-roadster-140510_1.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I just discovered that I went to bed yesterday with a fitbit step count of 9,996 :X

• Haha 1

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

3 hours ago, Colin P said:

I just discovered that I went to bed yesterday with a fitbit step count of 9,996 :X

You should go to the "What made me happy..." thread as I went to bed with a fit bit yesterday! There might have been too actually, but I wasn't counting...

• Haha 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You should go to the "What made me happy..." thread as I went to bed with a fit bit yesterday! There might have been too actually, but I wasn't counting...

You can't count😄too?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

4 minutes ago, pete said:

You can't count😄too?

I'm still struggling with the fallout. My fingers are all over the plaice

• Haha 1

The small print.

11 minutes ago, pete said:
19 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You can't count😄too?

Or spell.....

Vary sad, indeed.  Not only for the loss of the basketball star but also the others on the flight.

Also sad to see that Nicholas Parsons has died.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Christmas Eve some idiot pulled out in front of me. Minor bump, police witness so no argument about fault, but car in for new bumper and headlights so took Lotus to Birmingham today for work. Parked In a “Premier Secure” Car Park. Literally as I joined the A38M about 300 yards from the car park exit the TPMS lit up. Basically some :censored: stuck a Stanley knife blade in one of the front tyres, so as soon as I drove off it got pushed through. 

Just had to drive home at 50 mph with a tyre full of gunk and RAC puncture repairs.

The irony is that the A38M was clear, so was the M40, the M25 didn’t even have average speed cameras working and the little bit of twisty that you usually get stuck behind someone at 40 mph didn’t have a bleeding car on it. 

Now to work out the repair bill. :veryangry:

• Sad 5

Having spent on new cambelt, water pump (rebuilt), radiator etc.. on Excel, the main oil seal blew about 200 miles later. Engine out to repair. Drove circa 100 miles, temp seemed odd...…..head gasket. Wiper also packed up. Bills will total over £5K for less than 500 miles travelled. And it is advertised for sale, which was clearly a big mistake as the car takes revenge.

Still love it but time to move on. Fab car for someone with all the work done (head gasket will progress next week and hopefully that will be that).

Justin

On 24/01/2020 at 21:17, C8RKH said:

I'm still struggling with the fallout. My fingers are all over the plaice

Are you a fish fetishist? 😂

• Love 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

1 hour ago, DDubya said:

Are you a fish fetishist? 😂

Haha, very good. I like your thinking!  👍

The small print.

Not so much what made me unhappy 'today' but to be specific, 'yesterday'. I had a routine medical, which I was fitting in before we flew off to Argentina on Saturday evening for a 3 week holiday. All was going well until getting to the bit where the doctor took my pulse and listened to my heart and it turned out I had a resting heart rate that was jumping erratically between 120-145! Immediately sent to A & E for an ECG which confirmed my pulse rate was all over the place and a trace that, instead of an even sine wave is, again, all over the place. Then sat down with the duty doctor to discuss and I obviously tell him we are due to fly out to Argentina on Saturday, to which he replies that he very strongly advises against any long haul flight until we can get to the bottom of this issue and diagnose what is causing it, although he already had a good idea what it is. Prescribed some interim medication with immediate effect, pending an appointment with a consultant cardiologist just as soon as it can be set up. 

Strange thing is, I haven't had any symptoms that I know of and feel very well in myself.

Bugger, bollox, bugger, bollox!!!!!

1 hour ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Sorry to hear that Brent. 

Never mind the holiday, just get your heart sorted!

Thanks Kevin. Some would say they are surprised I have one at all! 😱😁

• Gold FFM

Sorry to hear this Bret, but be thankful in the knowledge that it has been found before going into a full blown heart attach or stroke. In my line of work we have to undergo a fairly strenious medical every year and it's surprising how many lives it has probably saved due to early diagnosis of unknown issues. Get sorted then enjoy your holidays.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

What do they think it is, atrial fibrillation? 

Might be worth investing in an Apple Watch, they have very advanced heart rate tracking nowadays. 

https://www.wareable.com/apple/apple-watch-heart-rate-monitor-guide-340

Yes, spot on, atrial fibrillation. Now I've had a chance to read up about this, it no longer seems quite so scary and I know it can be controlled. It just came at me like a bolt out of the blue on Thursday as I had no symptoms, was simply going for a routine medical and, being reasonably fit, never having had any major health worries, I was expecting to be told all is well as usual. I guess the biggest shock was being told I couldn't fly to Argentina today as my condition could cause unexpected complications on a long haul flight. It's the sudden realisation of ones own mortality that hits you and in my mind, I'm a regular Peter Pan, forever young and never having to even think about health matters. :D

At least I have good health and travel insurance so I will get most of the holiday cost back but, of course, that is insignificant when it comes to your health and maybe this was the wake up call needed, to really bring it home to me. Thanks for the link Bibs, I'll take a look at getting one I think.:thumbup:

• Like 2

Had an uneven fast slow you name it heart beat that would then go back to normal would come on when sitting watching TV then I'd be ok playing squash.

I'm 52 way under 11 stone never been on any meds and in the end over the last 3 years the episode got longer and longer still went to work as an industrial Refrigeration eng so quite strenuous at times.

Ended up having Cryogenic atrial oblation and now it's like I've never had a heart problem 

No pills no further checkups and to be honest I thought if I can't get this sorted then I'd have to give up work because when my heart was playing up I was down to 50%.

So try not to worry if you can the most important thing is it's been spotted and now it can be tackled 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

What do they think it is, atrial fibrillation? 

Might be worth investing in an Apple Watch, they have very advanced heart rate tracking nowadays. 

https://www.wareable.com/apple/apple-watch-heart-rate-monitor-guide-340

Got recommended to me a fair while, my heart rate varies 40 -  140 & have to keep an eye on it if I’m doing several flights of stairs or walking uphill. Quite a few of the doctors at the surgery all wear them. Hope you get sorted quickly, they picked my issue up with an ecg at the surgery, scared the hell out of me at the time but now know how to manage it & not push myself plus statins & low dose aspirin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, philcool said:

Had an uneven fast slow you name it heart beat that would then go back to normal would come on when sitting watching TV then I'd be ok playing squash.

I'm 52 way under 11 stone never been on any meds and in the end over the last 3 years the episode got longer and longer still went to work as an industrial Refrigeration eng so quite strenuous at times.

Ended up having Cryogenic atrial oblation and now it's like I've never had a heart problem 

No pills no further checkups and to be honest I thought if I can't get this sorted then I'd have to give up work because when my heart was playing up I was down to 50%.

So try not to worry if you can the most important thing is it's been spotted and now it can be tackled 

Phil, I’ve sent you a message. 👍