Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 95 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
24 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

And Life's not much fun being bossed around by people half your age.

Not bossed about by anyone other than myself. Work damn hard and enjoy the benefits of it.

24 minutes ago, pete said:

Bernard Matthews?

Funnily enough actually not - for a communications company installing the power into green roadside cabinets you see in verges 👍

3 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

The best money is to be made in the cheap furniture believe it or not.

Yes - everything is about cheap and volume - that is indeed where some money is.

however Mark - do not lose sight of the Uber rich who will spend obscene sums for something bespoke and unique. Quality and class sells to this niche. I’ve a couple of fantastic customers in this area - they never ask the price - they only want the best and want it absolutely spot on and perfect. 

• Like 1

Only here once

14 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

however Mark - do not lose sight of the Uber rich who will spend obscene sums for something bespoke and unique. Quality and class sells to this niche. I’ve a couple of fantastic customers in this area - they never ask the price - they only want the best and want it absolutely spot on and perfect. 

After 25 years of dealing with them 80% are a pain in the arse.  And if they're Greek they're even more difficult.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

I get that - I’m probably very lucky with the client base I have. I still need to sort out a bloody bell in a tower that needs to bong from a smartphone......

Only here once

IMG_20200305_161113.thumb.jpg.d9042b7470e85541d233f70ee2f6bad7.jpg3 days old,£2500 new door, £3500 new tool's. Drilled a hole in exact right place and disarmed the alarmmodule. Suppose not as bad as Robbie's friendFB_IMG_1583429137007.jpg.b464162103c5df0cf21e7fdd67b24179.jpg

• Sad 3

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, pete said:

IMG_20200305_161113.thumb.jpg.d9042b7470e85541d233f70ee2f6bad7.jpg3 days old,£2500 new door, £3500 new tool's. Drilled a hole in exact right place and disarmed the alarmmodule. Suppose not as bad as Robbie's friend

Seems to be a bit of a trend, a weak spot that the scum are exploiting:

Signature not working...

RANT MODE ON :angry:

Phoning a Customer Services number only to be asked by an automatic answering system why you are calling and then being told to follow the link just sent to your mobile which you find out just directs you to online chat to try to get an issue resolved by someone out in India without a clue who just reads from a standard script.

Why can’t I just simply speak to someone rather than spend hours typing on a keyboard:wallbash:

Vodafone your customer service stinks. After over 20 years with you it’s time to say goodbye! :2guns:

• Like 1

On 05/03/2020 at 17:39, pete said:

IMG_20200305_161113.thumb.jpg.d9042b7470e85541d233f70ee2f6bad7.jpg3 days old,£2500 new door, £3500 new tool's. Drilled a hole in exact right place and disarmed the alarmmodule. Suppose not as bad as Robbie's friendFB_IMG_1583429137007.jpg.b464162103c5df0cf21e7fdd67b24179.jpg

IMG_20200310_163017.thumb.jpg.8532ef9512115d2ce496d5223667504b.jpg

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Unhappy, this is bloody unhappy. Corona firkin virus. Offshore 4 weeks, due home, only to be informed most of the world now in lockdown, relief crews stuck all over the world in no fly zones and cant get into Qatar. Us guys, (read couple of thousand crew members over all the platforms) have to stay here, no end of rota home time. You are now expected to stay for six weeks from the start of your rota, you will then be shipped to a hotel in Doha where you will be kept in seclusion for a week to prevent any cross infection. You will then be shipped back offshore for a further six weeks. This pattern will continue until such time as the Qatari government deems it safe to cancel the current two week quarantine period in country and allow people movement through heliports and airports without fear of contamination. Ferkin great.

The other ball breaker is while the guys employed directly by the operating company, are paid double time on already astronomical wages, and their reliefs who are stuck at home still get paid, us the contractors who keep these installations running get sod all  butbasic pay for the extra time. That's fine some would say. Yes, if we were all on the same deal. Our reliefs stuck at home for 3/6 months, get nothing, zilch. Parity between the workforce. Sod off. We are all expected just to grin and bare it. If for example you have a wedding planned, yes we will get you home (as long as your destination is accepting flights) but at the end of the virus problem, you just might not have a job to come back to. Compassion my arse.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Sad 2

Wrong thread John and just down tools and tell them to fook off till they treat you right. Not as if they can replace you contractors easily is it?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

aaaaaaaaaaand we are confined at home for (at least) two weeks here in France... and then I reckon probably a couple more after that ...

(I suspect almost everybody already had a look at that page as it proved to be quite popular but in case some of you missed it, here an interesting reading about the covid19 ... https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca)

Good luck guys! :)

Edited by Giniw

• Gold FFM

My son who is now a nurse as is his partner, are unable to find a place to buy any food. They are working shift work and are finding it difficult to get to the shops.

Even if they do, there is nothing on the shelves.

We're now looking at the stuff we have in the cupboard and pantry and looking at taking some stuff up to him on the weekend.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Should have been celebrating my birthday today on the French listed and out to dinner tonight,instead at home in self isolation and NO happy birthday😞😞

2 hours ago, Giniw said:

On the other hand, one may buy food with a Lotus I guess!

And you can take the long way round :thumbsup:

Queue jumpers at the local Lloyd’s Pharmacy this morning... 1/2  a dozen folks walked to the front of the queue which went halfway around the carpark.

thankfully an old lady with a potty mouth told them some home truths and shamed them back into line....