Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Rum club - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Rum club

simonb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mmmm. Morgans. Dont forget Sailor Jerry either.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

+1 On Sailor Jerry! I also *really* like Pyrat. Then when I'm in one of my cheep moods, Myers's golden is surprisingly useful.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

Rather sadly looking for recommendations on the best way to drink it, seems quite a pleasant subtle flavour, lobbing cola in it seems a shame (and i am probably too greedy a git to just manage to drink a small one on ice)

I usually just add a few ice cubes, although I'll do the odd mixer now and then. You definitely do not want to mix Pyrat; its flavour is WAYYYY too good to bury in anything else. It's also on the pricey side; use cheep rums for mixing.

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

"I usually just add a few ice cubes..." Ditto.

I dare someone to try it with this, or to just try it on its own...

post-6978-0-29173200-1311695463.jpg

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• 2 months later...

I'm with Laura on the Morgans Spiced.

There are some really nice sipping rums about but you have to spend more than £20 for it to be nice and smooth enough to drink neat.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Best way to have cold neat spirits...be it rum, single malt, whatever...keep the bottle in the fridge!! And the glasses in the freezer...or the bottle in the freezer too, if you're really into chilling out! Don't want to dilute the magic stuff, do we, troops??!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

No aromas from the freezer, so would never put a malt there. Good for white spirits (keep a bottle of Aquavit there whenever I can get some) but as I have heard snifters recommended for good rum (a brandy balloon glass) I suspect a bit of warmth is expected

• 10 years later...

Thought I'd create a specific Rum thread as there is a Gin thread.

When I lived in Uganda, I could buy Havana Club for 2 USD a bottle. Cuba had a deal with Uganda whereby Uganda swapped their sugar cane output for Havana Club, hence the dirt-cheap price as Rum was not the local drink - Uganda Waragi (a gin) was. Thought Havana Club was fantastic - especially as I ran a bar (Als Bar Kampala - look it up) - so drinks for me were "on the house". :)

Since returning to the UK in 2005, I haven't found anything better. On our recent Mexico road trip, I discovered Havana Club 7. Wow - very smooth.

So, any Rum recommendations/thoughts are welcome.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I did a quick alcohol inventory recently, and I found another bottle!  I now have 3 unopened.

• Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

That isn't 63% proof. It is 63% ABV ie 63% alcohol by volume.

In terms of "proof" it is 126 proof.

For proof, double the ABV ie a typical 40% ABV malt whisky is 80 proof

Edited by Rambo