Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What's your speed? - Page 2 - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What's your speed?

oneshot

Blimey Mark - I'm impressed, thought I was the only one in a backwater with less than 1Mb...at least mine only costs £9.50/mth!

Hi Mike,

I saw yours too, it's not much fun is it. Thing is I'm not in a backwater, I'm 5 miles from Reading and 1 mile from Henley! 940k per second internet in this day and age is truly hopeless.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

http://www.speedtest.../1639892459.png

1639892459.png

..still faster than anything else I had so far

(Fonic-UMTS internet stick vs. prior 44kB -analog *call-by-call* modem)

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 1 month later...

1704460416.png

Just re-tested mine after some internal mods to cabling.

Ever get the feeling you just wasted 2 hours !

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

The only thing I would ever pay Virgin for:

1705145282.png

I must admit it's blisteringly fast and very consistent.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

And Virgin are going to double speeds over the next year FOC apparently...so that should be 60Mb soon :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16491614

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the positive.... 9% of GB is still slower than you! (probably Cornwall)

Actually Cornwall is mostly pretty good - hence how its attracted all those "working from home" types whose surfing gets them wetter than the rest of us. Cant help thinking the 9% are not using broadband - and hopefully not paying for up to 8Mb. Maybe I'll get me some of them pigeons!

Edited by MPx

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 months later...

I live in a barn, on a farm. Broadband is pretty poor (4mb at best) despite the fact we're only a few miles from the county town. There are 2 exchanges nearby and we're connected to the one slightly further away. I understand this is because wires are routed to boxes etc.

Now the other exchange, which is slightly closer, has high speed internet and ours has no plans. Are the junction boxes in some way connected, is there a chance BT can switch us to a different exchange?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Unlikely

Houses are wired to concentrators on estates (usually green cabinets in the street). These then backhaul to the exchange. You will be connected to a specific exchange probably via a concentrator and it is not simple to rewire to a different exchange.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Checked ours yesterday, and we are smokin....

Download - 1.6mb/s

Upload - 0.425 mb/s

And that is with the wind in the right direction :huh:

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!