Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bye Scotland! - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Bye Scotland!

Bibs

I hope so @Chillidoggy. Alex Salmond and his Alba Party have seen an uptick in support following her resignation and this stuff, so if anything the SNP vote will surely be split next time around which may well just give Labour the opportunity to make in roads and hopefully bring some focus back to the important matters that most Scottish citizens want to see addressed after 14 years of an obsession with a referendum.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds that things could get worse...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65212357

says

The firm that audits the SNP's finances has resigned, the BBC has learned

By law, the party has until 7 July to present their accounts to the Electoral Commission or face possible sanctions.

• Gold FFM

Maybe they are admitting they did a crap job of auditing ?? Time and time again these audit firms walk away when they have in fact overseen such poor practices 

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 07/04/2023 at 14:22, Barrykearley said:

Maybe they are admitting they did a crap job of auditing ?? Time and time again these audit firms walk away when they have in fact overseen such poor practices 

Not defending auditors at all.

FYI if auditors blow the whistle on a client, they are not allowed to tell the client. They are not allowed to use that as a reason for resigning. Just saying!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That does seem like an issue. Probably why so many corporations end up collapsing into a financial mess. Audit should surely ensure that firms are being open and honest about their finances - time and time again it would seem the audit firms walk away in failure.

• Like 1

Only here once

Plot thickens. But can't see that anyone actually faces any charges - yet.

Police arrest SNP treasurer in finance probe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65309791

Can't be. No way anyone ever paid as much as £100k for an IVECO!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

39 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

SNP treasurer has now been arrested.

Wake up at the back Chillydoggy 🤣

3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Plot thickens. But can't see that anyone actually faces any charges - yet.

Police arrest SNP treasurer in finance probe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65309791

@exeterjeep I don't know the form but aren't they placed under arrest so they can be brought in "officially" for questioning as part of the evidence gathering for the investigation?

Also, does that not mean that  anything they say or reveal (whether confirming, denying or hiding anything) becomes a point of record?

I would have thought that in a case like this several people could be arrested over time to help with the evidence gathering and to corroborate or otherwise "stories" or "facts" revelead?

Once it's all gathered I suspect a case file will be passed to our Procurator Fiscal (CPS in England) for a decision on whether to prosecute based on facts and public interest.

I think either way, what has been shown is a seeming disregard for transparency within the SNP, but whether or not that warrants a prosecution we'll just have to wait and see based on the investigation.

I can't see how this will not be damaging though as those who were not fanatical supporters may now be questioning why they were following the SNP. The same scenario that befell Labour under Corbyn and the Consrvatists under Johnson where I think both parties lost supporters as a result of the lack of transparency over certain issues. If only we had a credible opposition up here in Scotland.

The small print.

On 13/04/2023 at 21:21, Barrykearley said:

That does seem like an issue. Probably why so many corporations end up collapsing into a financial mess. Audit should surely ensure that firms are being open and honest about their finances - time and time again it would seem the audit firms walk away in failure.

I dealt with auditors in a previous role, the guys doing the leg work are straight out of college. They turn up in their sharp suits and are not smart enough to know their limitations.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 13:36, C8RKH said:

@exeterjeep I don't know the form but aren't they placed under arrest so they can be brought in "officially" for questioning as part of the evidence gathering for the investigation?

Also, does that not mean that  anything they say or reveal (whether confirming, denying or hiding anything) becomes a point of record?

Arrested and Placed under caution so "Anything you do say may be given in evidence". Primarily in case they are in the car and mumble "I only did it to pay the kids school fee's".

That they are then released without charge just means the Police are evidence gathering, not that they aren't guilty of some crime. 

• Thanks 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

they aren't guilty of some crime.

everyone is guilty of something at sometime...particularly anyone driving a car, cycling etc.

Threatening MSPs re their phones and email accounts. Missing burner phone sim cards.

This is turning out to be more entertaining than House of Cards...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/sturgeon-threatened-seize-phones-senior-29783163

• Like 1

The small print.

I agree. On has to ask qhwere Mr. Blackford and the rest of the cronies who were so "loud mouthed" re the Westminster antics are hiding these days.  It really does show just how shallow and self obsessed our politicians are.

• Like 2

The small print.

Think the media have a lot of questions to answer - Even now NS is largely flying under the radar.   Anyone remember the rolling coverage of Bojo for weeks on end cos he'd broken the rules and attended several lame workplace events.  

Ex-SNP treasurer now says he was aware of motorhome. Wonder who actually arranged the payment for the tour bus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65385825

Colin Beattie, who was in the role for a total of nearly 20 years, was asked by journalists whether he knew about and had signed off the purchase.

"No, I didn't know about that," he said.

He later said although he did not know about the transaction at the time of purchase, he found out about it in the 2021 annual accounts.