Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 28 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

• Gold FFM

Sabine is a legend - would be a great choice.....

Couple her up ( no pun ) with alexi sayle and it would be great

Only here once

It comes down to a producer who has 'the touch.' The success of any TV series comes down to the chemistry of the cast and how well audiences like or identify with them-- think 'Seinfeld' or 'Friends'. Premise can get a series started, but it's the cast and scripts which keep it going. If the producers can put together another group of presenters who can make that happen, we'll watch. It's not impossible-- look at Aussie TG.

Alexei Sayle? If I was the producer, his number would be the first I'd dial.

Edited by bwwooster

When did that ever start meaning that? :shock:

I must be getting old.......

Likewise.  In fact better not tell SHMBO as she has a wardrobe full of the damn things I can't afford to change to another colour!  She once famously amongst our friends took 7 pairs on a 14 day holiday once - amongst many other options of things to wear.  - No don't ask as I don't know either and have given up the eternal argument when packing for a holiday.  33 years of being ground down does that to you.

I am also with Keith above on that moron. No not Jeremy but Alexei

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Oh god, not Alexei Sale. Please.

But my biggest fear is that if it doos return, the BBc will make a 180 degree turn and turn it back into just a car show. I would rather they not bother.

• Gold FFM

Well I finally saw a TG UK on tv. I have no idea what series it was. It looks like the channel 9 editing room have got to it and made a mess of it. There was not one cut to the studio. The start was a heap of footage of JC and Hammond in cars then the start music etc. At the end they never got to the racetrack that JC was talking about. It just ended with them hitch hiking.

I don't believe it is the show. I believe it is the channel since it moved from the SBS to 9.

Sadly, ultimately disappointing as I like TG.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Just got a Facebook page (`cos their spies know I like motors ? ) to say that Sue Perkins is being tipped as new TG presenter...

Its not 1st April either....

(Went to independent fee-paying school ? Tick . Went to Cambridge University ? Tick. In the Cambridge Footlights perchance  ? Tick)

Therefore she seems to tick many broadcasting boxes.

Her gender and sexuality are irrelevant factors to me and nothing personal- I just find her media contributions deeply and predictably middle class, insipid and usually tinged with smugness. 

Can`t see many TG fans relating to her on any level ....

• Like 1

Chris Harris?

Yeah if we want Top Gear to review every configuration of Porsche Cayman available then great idea! In fact they could just as well engrave the 918s name at the top of the track list since nothing could possibly beat it, right? 

No. no and no. 

Used to love CH but his bias for Porsche is too great. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

What about Clarkson's love for Merc and Mays love for AM? No what we need is a Lotus man...

Tra Da!

Dany Bahar! He does have lovely hair ;-) 

Buddsy

Lmfao ! :)

• Like 1

He'd likely consume the entire production budget and want to launch 5 different spinoffs within 6 months.

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems May has officially put the kibosh on his own return without Clarkson...

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/james-may-reveals-that-he-has-quit-top-gear-after-jeremy-clarkson-sacking-10198110.html

But the last episodes will be screened. Woo hooo.

Good, it would have been wrong to continue without him as TG is all about Clarkson, Hammond and May. Can't imagine the show without Clarkson. Love or loath it an amazingly successful show which made Sunday evenings far more enjoyable.

It had to end one day, hopefully they won't rule out another channel (ITV please)... A fresh start will inject some fresh ideas.

Bring it on!

• 2 weeks later...

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/report-bbc-chosen-top-gear-161921158.html

So Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin apparently! 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

The only thing that will have in common with cars is the car crash it will end up as. Top Gear is Clarkson, May and Hammond. When it first came back May was not on it, it was Jason someone, the chemistry was not there and he was dumped. Jodie Kidd is arm candy, but dull as ditch water.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

New Presenter line up is announced.

5A5FA2EC-6D40-4487-BDA8-B74472D0887A.jpg

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I wonder if that means it will get more messed up here than what channel Ten did to it?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I've taken to watching Brian Johnson's programme "Cars that Rock". Beats TG into a cocked hat....straightforward bloke, bubbling with ebullient enthusiasm, an interesting turn of phrase and gets into everything. His recent programmes on Alfa Romeo (he got to drive Tazio Nuvolari's P3!!) and McLaren were everything one could hope for in a car show.

For those who may be unaware, he is the front man for AC/DC...and has been since 1980...so he's used to loud noises.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein