Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 33 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Ahh yes the totally PC BBC line up. Now there's a surpise.

_88214543_@ggs80.jpg

_88214537_@fudgecrumpet.jpg

_88219650_@grandprixdiary.jpg

_88221042_b741f799-a08b-45a3-b760-0f529e

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Dilution. 

EJ... Really?! I will be fast forwarding just like I did watching F1 on the BBC. He states the obvious and then pretends to be some sort of oracle.. ??

Harris, like or loath is perfect for the show.

SS, holding my opinion.

Mat, actually looking forward to seeing what he can offer. He will be brilliant or horribly cringeworthy and ruin his rep!

Other chap, well who was Capt Slow and the Hamster.. They did OK didn't they?

I will however definitely be buying my Amazon Prime subscription!?

I can imagine the banter between Evans and Leblanc will be enjoyable, but the others may as well be doing a seperate show.  It's certainly going to be different from the old pranksters, the BBC surely know that to emulate the old setup would be foolish.

• 1 month later...

I do like the last piece with Sabine throwing Evans out of the car to lighten himself.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

22 minutes ago, TBD said:

I do like the last piece with Sabine throwing Evans out of the car to lighten himself.

Yeah - but unfortunately he was allowed back in.

• Like 2

Anyone know if there is a Lotus at all in the new Series? Maybe an Exige or Evora 400?

I watched the preview and to me it looks like everything I hated about the old one, without anything that I loved. Big fast cars that no one can afford and them acting like knobs, without the "We were given £x to buy the best car we could and meet at...." which are the bits I used to enjoy.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I am with you Kimbers in that I also really liked the cheap car challenges.  Maybe that will come once the team have bedded in a bit.

Have to say I am looking forward to this - I seem to be in the minority that do like Chris Evans and its been best part of a year since any new decent car shows on TV,

its going to be completely different......

yeah right....

looks completely different.......nothing like the old one

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 1 month later...

Nice home story about Sabine Schmitz: http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/sabine-schmitz-moderiert-top-gear-die-chefin-im-ring-a-1088200.html

Unfortunately only in German, but on Germany's top news site.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Ha ha loved the bit about the man refusing to get out of her M5 ring taxi because he had "crapped in his pants and it smelt terrible' - lol....

Nice article that.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 9 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Possibly now, it has a chance.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hmmm. But Corrie has Kym Marsh in it :wub:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I didn't think the teaser (ad) was too bad. At least there isn't as many people as in the cast of Moses hosting it anymore.

Don't know why I'm worried really, it's not even on here on free-to-air.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
3 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

I applied yesterday evening, got the tickets this morning :)

Do they email them or post?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!