Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 36 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

Tried it again. Too painful to watch. Matt is ok but the rest is just wooden. No more TG. Enough is enough thanks :)

• Like 2

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Thought tonight's episode was excellent - far better than any of TGT episodes.

Really looking forward to Wednesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Thought tonight's episode was excellent - far better than any of TGT episodes.

Really looking forward to Wednesday.

Me too!

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Great show tonight, the best in years.

Wouldn't mind going out for a drive with Sabine, what a nutter!!! 

• Like 1

Met Sabine and her husband at last years F1 ball.  She's really good fun and we talked at length about their racing etc. Her husband is a long time and very accomplished Porsche Cup driver too and a very nice gent. She looked stunning in a long black cocktail dress! Almost the perfect woman if only she wasn't such a tremendously better driver than me. That would never work....  :no

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Agree, great episode. When the Aston sequence started I thought "Oh no, not another Bond cliche" but it was done really well. The camera work and post-production on all the action shots was absolutely top notch, as it used to be.

I was at the studio when they recorded last nights episode and thought it was quite good. 

The Aston and Merc homage worked well I thought. And the fiat 124 review was ok too. 

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

I'm not happy with Chris Harris using my licence fee to promote Porsche. In his first ever appearance on Top Gear he proclaimed 'the Porsche 911' last week his glee at 'beating' the Lamborghini Huracan with 911 Turbo was hard to watch and last night when asked about what car he'd choose under £100k, naturally it was the 'Cayman GT4'. I seriously despair at the man. At least with Clarskon we had one presenter that didn't like 911s (Clarkson) and one that did (Hammond), now we have Matt Le Blanc and Chris Harris who are both massive fan boys. That alone is ruining it for me. Probably just as well the Evora Sport 410 will never end up on Top Gear.

Golf GTi thing started well. I entirely agree that a 2 seat hot hatch is nonsense. Being fast and practical is the whole point of a hot hatch. Take away the practicality and you're left with a fast front wheel drive car. But then to set up the whole giant killing thing beating £1m worth of supercars was equally ridiculous. I know they acknowledged that it was really all down to Sabine's driving at the end but some of the less intelligent viewers will believe that the Golf Clubsport is some kind of incredible track weapon when it's really not. I'll continue to watch it of course and think it has improved overall without Chris Evans but 'Celebrity Brain Crash' aside I enjoy watching GT far more.

• Like 1

I'm also having an issue with the Porsche bias on TG and that Matt and Chris seem to be getting all the high end exotics to drive, leaving Rory to sweep up the other stuff. On TGT, Celebrity Brain Crash bit was mildly amusing in the first episode  but they should have ended it there, I was fast forwarding though that section from about episode 3. James May must cringe every time he has to say "so <insert celebrity name here> is  not coming on then"

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

1 hour ago, top-plumber said:

I was at the studio when they recorded last nights episode and thought it was quite good

Did you spot yourself ?

Why do the presenters clap themselves?

• Like 1

Agree with all @The Pits says above. But for entertainment value and nice filming of pretty cars I thoroughly enjoyed it. The guest was a bit better this week and the slightly different format seems to be working well. I actually find myself looking forward to TG rounding off my werkends again. 

The ring bit was in principle a bit crap. But having actually been driving it yesterday was cool seeing it when so fresh in my mind.

Le Blanc is definitely the highlight. The praise for CH last series (probably higlighted by how bad CE was) seemed to go to his head first couple of episodes, he's a little better now. 

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

On 20/03/2017 at 13:02, ChrisJ said:

Did you spot yourself ?

Why do the presenters clap themselves?

No mate we hid at the back. You know me Chris... always the shrinking violet... ?✌️?

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• Gold FFM

On that basis I'm fully expecting to be able to sit on the sofa in 2 weeks time lol ?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

9 hours ago, pete said:

Thought they always put the good looking ones to the front

You might regret that comment next Sunday Pete.................

Dave.

14 minutes ago, Dave Eds said:

You might regret that comment next Sunday Pete.................

In Meribel? 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

@mayesprit get there early Ian. We arrived on time with tickets and we're turned away. They were letting people in 3 hours before the stated arrival time.

Dave.

Surely th ticket is a contract so wtf they doing issuing more tickets than they accommodate. Bad Broadcasting Crunts

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

They have a get out as the ticket states

This ticket is not a guarantee of entry. Entry is subject to studio capacity and is also by the Company's discretion

However, it does also state

Gates Open 1.00pm
Gates Close 1.30pm

We were in the queue at 1pm, but as Dave said they had been letting people in way before that, so they were full.

Been promised priority tickets for another show - so yet another day off work. I'd get there at 10 am next time around.