Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 40 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Just realised Andrew Flintoff is Freddie Flintoff. I have heard of him!

Why does he have 2 names?

Hiding from Interpol? :detective:  

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Can't believe they have left that Dick Harris still in. I suppose at least Porsche will get good coverage! Still not seen an Exige V6 or a new style Evora on it!!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Agree. He is a Porsche blinkered dick.

This was the only Lotus review I’ve seen him do - and it was a good one (few years ago now as well) . Not Top Gear though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

The truck he was 'wedged' in was doing the 3 point turn I think.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 months later...

Good start to the new series last night - will be on iPlayer.

Enjoyed it - even though CH was in a Porsche.

Sabine  - why oh why, she is just annoying.

I like Rory.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

I like Rory.

I agree. Shame Harris is the only one staying for the next series 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Harris did mention Lotus in this episode.

Rory hasn't been totally canned as he is going to carry on presenting Extra Gear and appear on the main show occasionally.

I hope EJ doesn't appear this season.

Only 5 shows in this series and Porsche will be featured in at least 2 of them , wonder who will be driving them?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

I was in the audience (standing behind the American guest who’d done the hot lap) last night. Filmed about 8 months ago - Even when it was being filmed other people around us were commenting not more Porsche stuff.

The recipe for TG that the BBC cant get right is very simple, essentially what made old TG great was the fact it was 3 mates who know cars inside out having a laugh, and we all wanted to be them, being paid to mess about.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the first episode of the new season today (as I was trapped in a plane anyway). That was awfully bland. No laughs and the cars are just not that exciting/not even particularly new (the panamera/FF comparison was dreadfully boring).

It almost feels like those things have been done before and better with more fancy cars. Car selection was just a disaster all along.

The grand tour isn’t not really convincing neither, feels like a copy of old top gear with more money going into the presenters and a lot less in the producers and the details.

There was one good although tired show and now we have two boring tired shows!!!!

Edited by PAR

17 minutes ago, PAR said:

The grand tour isn’t not really convincing neither, feels like a copy of old top gear

Thats what it's supposed to be, they have continued TG as accurately they could without incurring lawsuits. Quite right too. Its still much better than the new TG.

Don't think they could have got anymore Porsche content in tonights two shows

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yes, ridiculous and predictable that it would come top of the leader board. Perfect weather for the test of course.

More forced humour, trying to emulate the natural jibing between Clarkson, May and Hammond but failing. 

Only saving grace the Esprit in the studio was visible for around 30 seconds instead of the usual one or two.

• Like 2

A lot of little things are off Andrew make the whole ensembles quite disjointed. I know Matt said he was leaving g for personal reason so but I would not be surprised if he noticed this season was not working answered bolted quickly.

MLB and CH do something on one end and RR makes a filler separately just is not attractive viewing.

The car picks are neither funny nor relatable. The challenges with FF and Panamera is the perfect example, nobody dreams of those or relates to them. 

The tuk tuk bit although sound fun just can not justify filling a full episode so you end up showing cars.

only good thing so far are sceneries but then there are better shows...

A dreadful episode. Harris was a total twat again, unfunny egomaniac and irritating.  Matt couldn’t hid his genuine distain for him, surely the real reason for his departure.

Cant believe the BBC has chosen Harris as the only one to staying on for next series.

• Like 1