Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 20 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

Cheers Bibs. It’s still raw, but I guess time will be the healer for us. Our kids don’t remember a time without Rainbow in their life. In contrast, when I was a kid, we lost several cats to illness and cars, so I was kind of used to it. These two are the first cats I’ve owned since those days, so I’ve forgotten how bad it feels when you lose one. At least we still have her sister Jet, who is getting extra cuddles today.

• Love 2

I had to take a guest to the vets - she was on medication but the vet said the best thing was to put her to sleep. After the vet had a conversation with the owner's son they agreed to put her to sleep. I was there and held her while the vet administered the injection.

When the owner returned she was not totally surprised but still upset. She came at the weekend to thank us and to say that she really appreciated the fact that someone was with her as she went over the rainbow bridge.

• Sad 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

We went through it with our previous cat a few years ago (and even my wife’s horse a couple of years back). It’s tough, they’re a big part of your family but in time it will get easier.

We found it helped to do things to remember them by. Buying a plant for the garden that is ‘theirs’, framing a favourite photo of them etc…

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2016 at 09:29, Bibs said:

We've a good selection of entertainment for the cats and a laser pointer is in there! Just got sent this by the breeder. . . 

IMG-20160807-WA0001.jpg

This beautiful little girl was run over and killed by a neighbour last night. He's currently pending a conviction for drink driving and drink drives pretty much every single day. I kinda want to kill him right now so he can rot in hell but am focussing on the love for Daisy we had over the past 6 years and how much joy she bought to our lives. Gone too soon, I miss her a lot already.

:wub:

20210705_141535.jpg

20200916_165334_capture.jpg

20161021_032727.jpg

20190527_164145.jpg

• Sad 6

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Oh god that’s awful. What an arsehole. I really feel for you. It’s a horrible sensation.

We finally got over one of our twin cats dying last month. Curiously the surviving sibling Jet has become more like her sister was. She’s looking after my wife, whilst I’m away. Her sister used to sit on a magazine on the sofa exactly like this, whereas Jet never would. Strange.

8Vkpko4.jpg

• Love 1

OMG, that's the worst news Bibs. So sorry to hear she's gone and it was potentially 'avoidable'. Hope you at least reported the person responsible to the police if he's not supposed to be driving? 

• Love 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

41 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

Hope you at least reported the person responsible to the police if he's not supposed to be driving? 

Yesterday and again today as we've just seen him driving again, clearly drunk as Rachel confronted him and he was slurring and couldn't put a sentence together. And to Crime Stoppers for what that's worth. 

She'd be sat on my lap right now if it wasn't for him. She was only 6. 

• Sad 3

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

@Bibs I’m so sorry to read this. 
keep reporting him - put a very detailed report on crime stoppers as well.

everytime you see him go near that vehicle and you suspect drink - 999 - it’s the only way.

• Love 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

This drink driving caper is a joke - folks should have their licenses suspended immediately when suspected.

please share and sign.

https://chng.it/pTJdjjLQp8

Only here once

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Haven't mentioned this yet but we lost George in the 1st week Jan. Sudden. Feline Infectious Peritonitis. It's endemic in the environment and most cats get it and shrug it off. With a very small number it mutates in the body and invades the immune system T-Cells. It is a form of coronavirus (but not COVID 19). Up to about 1 year ago it was 100% fatal. But following COVID they have some success with remdesvir anti retroviral (same as they use on people). We tried everything but it didn't work. Only 5.

George.jpg

Arrives in about 3 weeks.

Dexter.jpg

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

If you killed that cat @Chillidoggyblood or cat excrement can be easily removed from your lovely bleach cleanable carpet using a 50/50 cold water bleach mix.

Just saying...

On 16/02/2023 at 20:06, 100th_Idiot said:

Haven't mentioned this yet but we lost George in the 1st week Jan. Sudden. Feline Infectious Peritonitis. It's endemic in the environment and most cats get it and shrug it off. With a very small number it mutates in the body and invades the immune system T-Cells. It is a form of coronavirus (but not COVID 19). Up to about 1 year ago it was 100% fatal. But following COVID they have some success with remdesvir anti retroviral (same as they use on people). We tried everything but it didn't work. Only 5.

George.jpg

Arrives in about 3 weeks.

Dexter.jpg

Maine Coon?

This is our Coon, 3 years old now and only 8.6kgs! He’s a big lad alright. 🤦

409E9BA7-14AC-4EAF-9E02-0B5F432F4419.jpeg.a95ebde70a2fc677b50390900c198e48.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1