Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pilots - Page 36 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Pilots

Bibs

22 hours ago, Sparky said:

Had that panel blown at 35000ft, the outcome would have been very different.

Also seems that there were warning signs..... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67909417

Pilots reported warning lights on three previous flights, said Jennifer Homendy of the US National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).

As a result, the airline prevented the jet from making long-haul flights over water, Ms Homendy said.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

What saddens me is that years ago, that aircraft would have been taken out of service immediately and thoroughly investigated, both on the ground and in flight test.  Instead, it was flown as a calculated risk, no doubt because the airline hasn't one bit of metal to spare due to revenue maximisation.  This is what the low-cost culture has given us.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Sadly another black eye for Boeing and the Max. Fortunately no loss of life or limb this time, bladder and bowel contents not withstanding. Have friend that works for Boeing and internally there seems to have been a been a culture shift in recent years from management down of revenue over quality where, in the longstanding past, Boeing had always been known for their people-focused QC, both in manufacturing and in procedures/pilot education. On the upside, they always eventually seem to bounce back from bad press, so that Boeing stock may start looking enticing.. 🤔

• Gold FFM

Easy peasy! Which one though?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

On 05/01/2024 at 14:35, Bibs said:

Fun fact, anyone know why the yoke is round and not a stick? 

And…?

Googoo seems to suggest that it was to get sufficient roll authority in a narrow cockpit. 

Exactly. Pilots preferred the hand position and could use both hands to full exploit the roll capability. Was used in many a/c with a half stick which pivots in the middle rather than on the floor. 

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

17 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Easy peasy! Which one though?

Concorde G-BOAB’s cockpit looking a little bare 😢. Unfortunately most of her instruments were taken to be used in G-BBDG’s restoration.  ?????

• Gold FFM

Yup, we did nick a lot, but I had no idea we'd swiped that much.

• Gold FFM

Haha, much truth in jest.

On 04/12/2023 at 16:36, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Here’s another couple of photos from my iPad archive. This time from Bruntingthorpe 6.1/2 years ago.

The Super Guppy is already razor blades. I don’t know the fate of the Victor or Sea Vixen.

SxuV3CH.jpg

rqHwVAY.jpg

Just found this:

• 2 weeks later...

Not many of these still flying - Air Zim 737-200.

I remember when they had just purchased them in the 1980s. I was meant to fly in one of them from Harare to Lusaka, and someone had accidentally deployed one of the emergency exits and no-one knew how to reset it, so I had to fly in one of their recently retired 707s - I just remember all sorts of creaks and rattles, and was very glad to arrive.

embed?resid=31296ED1CBF443C0!521498&auth