Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Harris - Page 6 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Harris

He said that the Cayman GT4 will be miles better than the Evora 400 without driving either and that anyone who thinks different is a jingoist. 

I assume he's now a naturalised German anyway. Good riddance to him. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM

I went there and read too much as well.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

How many variants of the 911 are there? I have never followed Porsche so I would not know, but I am sure I have seen cars that look very much like a 911 but have been numbered 966 or something?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

55 minutes ago, pete said:

Don't see the point of posting that rubbish on here

The most hyped things, regardless of actual merit, get pushed higher and higher. Or at least get more noticed. So for anyone so inclined the link is a 'heads up' to go and back up the people defending Lotus. 

Edit; when I went to do a bit I realised there are loads of Lotus champions on there, just no other Lotus people amping the comments... 

go do some liking Pete :)

https://mobile.twitter.com/harrismonkey/status/982693732494475264?s=19

I grew tired of this guy very quickly.

Who the heck drives a car like that anyway ? 

He's always full rip around a track - smoke everywhere - blowing tires - really ? What is the point of that? What does that show us and prove ?

Yea the “LOTUS” acronym everywhere you go is tiresome. The reliability of our Elise throughout all its track use has been somewhat remarkable. And there’s nothing more pleasant that humiliating a 911 GT3 driver in your little “troublesome” plastic car on a race track.

I used to really like CH but really could do without him on TG now, he’s trying too hard alongside MLB and it’s just painful - he was probably better in small you tube video clips. 

That said throwing the “how many 911 models” all the time is also very very tiresome. The range makes sense and at least they don’t drop special editions on a weekly basis before most people have taken delivery of their previous latest and greatest version - that’s doing more damage to customer retention than anything CH may say... Exige 380 Cup anyone?

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

5 hours ago, Beetleything said:

He's always full rip around a track - smoke everywhere - blowing tires - really ? What is the point of that? What does that show us and prove ?

That he's just there for a free ride.  Not his car. Not his money. So why would he care.

Life is full of pricks and Chris just likes to be a part of that group. He needs to belong. Quite sad for him really.

It's easy to knock something. More difficult to provide relevant and insightful commentary. That requires real intelligence.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

8 hours ago, pete said:

Certainly not worth posting twice:P

Touché B-)

@C8RKH you put your finger on it there, I can't find it now but there's a behind the scenes Afterdrive video with Harris, Farrah, Spinelli and a smattering of the other guys and it's difficult to watch Harris needing the adulation of the other guys.

edit; I tried harder, found it - apt for this thread actually; 

Don't bother it's boring.

• Gold FFM

I don't want to be the one to tell you Barry, but we are WAY past knob here.

• Haha 1

I dont think his question was particularly anti-Lotus : that came from many of the respondees.

• Like 2

:sleeping: Probably none of whom have ever owned a Lotus, and probably won’t for the same reason as they won’t own that P car that they blindly crave:lol:

And yes, Harris is a total cock to the first degree, probably been declined the loan of a GT430. He ought to stick to making paint brushes!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GTK said:

Can you have one and not post on it Geoff? :cry:

In that case you thought you were important but then had second thoughts & decided that you were not. :sofa:

1 hour ago, mik said:

I dont think his question was particularly anti-Lotus 

He baited the hook and stood back.

I simply just do not understand the journalists bashing British cars. I'm sure those same idiots will be the first to the keyboard to reminisce though rose tinted specs if any one of the great British marques still making cars were to disappear (Lotus, Aston, McLaren, Morgan, Bentley, Rolls etc). And yes I do realise the foreign ownership of the majority I have mentioned.

• Like 2

Agreed, the question was deliberately trying to stir up mockery. You don’t see Harris responding with anything reasonable or trying to temper the negativity do you? Interesting how it was taken as an opportunity to wave the Porsche flag by many, CH’s association with that brand is inextricable. I think they all have a good laugh about using UK tax payers money to promote an already wildly successful German company.

The Top Gear has gotten very strange, his driving experience and ability was the one thing in the show with any credibility, yet the producers seem determined to make him Matt Le Blanc’s bromance and require him to do more bad acting than good driving. If they wanted a comedy double act why bother with a car journalist? Of the two, wouldn’t Rory Reid be a better pretend mate for Joey? Yet for whatever reason he seemed increasingly sidelined this season.

• Like 2