Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 51 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

It left Hethel in August 1991 and was delivered to an Opel dealer in Germany, where it remained unsold and unregistered in their showroom until late 1997. It was then finally registered in Germany and sold on to a Hamburg prestige car dealer, just before a UK enthusiast bought it from him and drove it back to England, where it was registered R4 LOT in December 1997.

The enthusiast then bought an RHD Lotus Carlton as well, so barely used the Lotus Omega, which now sat in his garage before eventually being sold on to a dealer. I then bought it from the dealer in March 2010 at only 5800 miles (9355 km). I subsequently sold it to Gerard Lopez (former "Lotus" F1 team owner) in April 2015 to help fund my Evora GTE. It had covered only 8400 miles (13550 km) by this point, so was probably the lowest mileage and best original example anywhere in the world. I notice that it's still taxed in the UK, so may still be in his collection here, but assume it will eventually move to his home in Luxembourg. According to the DVLA MOT checker, it was last MOT'd on 31 March 2016 at 13574 km, so barely turned its wheels in that first year after my ownership. Fabulous car!

• Like 2

On 2017/3/13 at 01:01, comem47 said:

don't leave home without one  ;)

7f06c0aa44065e3c9fb600749ccf179c.jpg

Bob,

Is that for possible terrorist attacks threats,  or to look the meanest looking biker when it comes to the post apocolytic era ,   " Look up to the stars at night, and remember his name,  The Knight Rider " :)

A

While I love the Road Warrior series I actually use a more natural device to protect my lungs in real life.

The old fart smelled this thru his important breather holes
Cleverly he dialed from within from the outside we observed
That the nose of the wooden mask
Where the holes had just been uh moment ago
Was now smooth amazingly blended camouflaged in
With the very intricate rainbow trout replica

The old fart inside was now breathin’ freely
From his perfume bottle atomizer air bulb invention

His excited eyes from within the dark interior glazed;
watered in appreciation of his thoughtful preparation.      - Captain Beefheart

captain-beefheart-and-the-magic-band-tro

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
31 minutes ago, comem47 said:

While I love the Road Warrior series I actually use a more natural device to protect my lungs in real life.

The old fart smelled this thru his important breather holes
Cleverly he dialed from within from the outside we observed
That the nose of the wooden mask
Where the holes had just been uh moment ago
Was now smooth amazingly blended camouflaged in
With the very intricate rainbow trout replica

The old fart inside was now breathin’ freely
From his perfume bottle atomizer air bulb invention

His excited eyes from within the dark interior glazed;
watered in appreciation of his thoughtful preparation.      - Captain Beefheart

captain-beefheart-and-the-magic-band-tro

What a great LP!

• Gold FFM

Corsair - fantastic!  My Dad had 2 of those.  The 2L V4 was the first engine I ever worked on. 

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I had a 1967 2000E Corsair. It was a right old dog, in a kind of matt green colour with black seats, cost me £60.

The handbrake never worked, so I just used to leave it in gear. There was half a turn on the steering before anything happened, which was fine, but the brakes pulled to one side. So in order to get it to pull up straight, I first had to turn the steering wheel 3/4 turn in the right direction before applying the brakes. The driver's seat reclining mechanism was broken, so I had to sit upright permanently as it wouldn't lock at all. The best mpg I got was 20, it drank fuel like nothing else.

Incredibly, some retard stole it one night, but only managed to drive it round the corner before punting it into the back of a Vauxhall Chevanne. Guess that was down to the steering/brake thing. The following day I driove it to Plymouth and back with the front stoved in, but after I realised I couldn't open the bonnet without the use of a crowbar, I caved in and scrapped it for the sum of £25.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I learnt to drive in a 66 (D reg) mat green corsair too, but with green vinyl seats. Back then I thought it was the ugliest car I'd ever seen, it looked like a boat and drove like one, but for £20 it got me from A to B. I swapped it for a C reg mk 1 cortina hand painted red with a white Starsky & Hutch stripe up the side. 

• Gold FFM

Looks like we got us a Corsair Club!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

An uncle had a Double Six from new. I was never much interested until I was driven in it, what an incredible car! Then the rear arches started to bubble so he had it repaired. It went like that every few years until one day I asked how it was going and he said it was gone. He'd payed someone to take it away. We got into a bit of a barney. ☹️

The upshot is I got his RR Vogue SE [of 25 years] last year instead of his trusted LR indy getting a gift. ?

• Like 1