Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours? - Page 6 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

People's reaction to the Esprit - what's yours?

Loose Cannon

On 2 August 2016 at 11:17, hopo said:

I feel I should chip in here to state that my Mrs actually bought ME the Esprit (2nd one) and I've held of getting hitched too! what am I doing!

Having met the young lady I'd say you're punching well above your weight mate 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

This is how to impress your son in law to be. (or maybe I was trying to intimidate him) Took him out in the Esprit, let him take plenty of selfies to show his mates, look what car my girlfriends dad drives.

Shame there's no money left for the big white wedding,  never mind,  I can take her to the registry office in the Lotus!

FB_IMG_1466289157642.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BP81 said:

I'm turning into my dad started typing and realised that it was on the wrong thread and then couldn't delete it.  

Ha ha!!!! It is an odd forum in that respect as you can't go into your post once a certain time has passed.......I've never noticed that anywhere else before?

Not an esprit but an exige (sorry).

parked up in halfords and this chap and family came over, said hello and leant in the car with his hands "hands off!, it's just been polished"

After a look round:

"isn't that a lotus, is it manual or automatic, petrol or diesel"

atleast they liked the car despite not having a clue :cry: 

Yup. We have the bloody German brands to thank for putting diesels into sporty looking cars - is it petrol or diesel - jeez - and that poor sod was probably into his cars when younger. Marriage has a lot to answer for ;)

Probably also  explains why a guy in his Q5 TDI tried to race us on the LEGS run on Sunday. All the prick did was to get in the way. He was driving like a complete knob.

My neighbour has a TDI TT and all she goes on about is what great fuel economy she gets in her sports car. At this point I usually lose the will to live and drown myself in several bottles of wine. It makes it all easier to cope with...

Ho hum. At least he could read and saw it was a Lotus. A glimmer of hope maybe for mankind.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 2 August 2016 at 11:22, GTK said:

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Probably also  explains why a guy in his Q5 TDI tried to race us on the LEGS run on Sunday. All the prick did was to get in the way. He was driving like a complete knob.

I think the most likely explanation is that the guy in the Q5 TDI was a prick and a complete knob. He had bought a Q5 TDI, after all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimSportsTourer said:

I think the most likely explanation is that the guy in the Q5 TDI was a prick and a complete knob. He had bought a Q5 TDI, after all!

Haha - superb. My favourite post of the month! Made me giggle. Nice one.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

One of the things about the later S4/S4s and V8 Esprits is that, aside from the tiny decals in the rear quarter-light windows, there's no model name badge anywhere on the car so it is difficult for others to identify unless they already know what they're looking at.

This is fine, except it gives rise to all kinds of speculation. I have overheard my car being described in detail as a Lamborghini Countach (I wish), and a Ferrari 308 Dino (sic), both times by loud-mouthed, know-all, know-nothing twats, intent on demonstrating their profound lack of knowledge of sports cars to their gobshite, lager-swilling, football-shirt-wearing tosspot mates.

Still, I guess it's a cross we have to bear.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

My worst one, in the Carb Turbo...

Chav#1: Phwoooar dat is sick.

Chav#2: Fkin MR2 wiv a body kit innit.

As they ambled in front of me.  Oh, the temptation.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

6 hours ago, ian29gte said:

One of the things about the later S4/S4s and V8 Esprits is that, aside from the tiny decals in the rear quarter-light windows, there's no model name badge anywhere on the car so it is difficult for others to identify unless they already know what they're looking at.

This is fine, except it gives rise to all kinds of speculation. I have overheard my car being described in detail as a Lamborghini Countach (I wish), and a Ferrari 308 Dino (sic), both times by loud-mouthed, know-all, know-nothing twats, intent on demonstrating their profound lack of knowledge of sports cars to their gobshite, lager-swilling, football-shirt-wearing tosspot mates.

Still, I guess it's a cross we have to bear.

I bet they all drove Ooodi diesel sports cars too! ;)

The small print.

I've heard all sorts, 

Turbo SE: "it's a v8 right?"

:D

V8 or Turbo SE: "oh wow nice car, these are awesome. And all that from 119 horsepower!"

"No, you're thinking Elise mate"

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Most of the people do not recognize the Esprit at all. More clever ones seems to recognoze the Lotus badge and the V8 emblem in the back and then think the car has a Rover v8 under the bonnet...

Little boys love the looks of the car and the youngsters with their "tuning" Bmw:s are always looking for a race. There are couple spots near my home where I sometimes bite the bait. One of the best places is long 180 degree corner to the motorway. It takes more than big fat tires and too much lowered suspension to make the car corner...

PS. I am very pleased that my Lotus has similar torque and pick up from the low revs than most of the German made turbodiesels of the similar capacity...

"Older I get, faster I was"

50 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

"Does it go underwater" 

Oh give me strength!

I had a friendly Dino owner ask me if I knew what Lotus stood for the other day. I flat out told him he shouldn't say that, that only duckheads who know nothing about cars say shut like that. For the record things remained friendly :D

• Like 1