Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 49 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

2 hours ago, BP81 said:

A picture of the old girl enjoying the sun!

IMG_6264.jpg

Photo was a bit blurry at first. Better when I put my bins on... :on2long:

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Jeez I'm impressed Steve - the power of the people wins through. Does look better though........but can't be any easier for you when turning corners or trying to clear the rain off your windscreen:thumbup:

• Like 1

On 13 July 2016 at 17:53, stephenwhyte said:

Thanks Barrie - yeah I remember that thread now. Was hoping there was maybe a restoration thread detailing the work completed 

Go to Lotus Esprit World, from the menu click on Other Stuff go down the page to Esprit Articles scroll down the articles (LH side 26 articles down) and you will find a title "Waking the Dead" the restoration of Essex 004. 

13 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Not used too much at the moment but I've had the 350 6 years now I think.

image.jpeg

Smitten for life indeed. ...

I've had Loti for 14 years now. I had a period of little use and storage due to work time and sproglets. However before then I warmed her boots several times a week. 

U1Banner-160.jpgU1Banner-160.jpg.bc7c3472b0f84b8d560785ff40408ffc.jpg Esprit renovation Playlist : Car Events
Drive with a smile

On 7/20/2016 at 13:47, mike_sekinger said:

Having a moment of nostalgia for S350 #032

DSCF0092.JPG

Damn it's good to see you back on the forum, Mike. I've been absent for some time, so unaware of when you returned...can only recall that you had "hung up your spurs" with regards to V8 rebuilds a while back. I used to live for those threads! I was the guy who was always asking all the "what does that widget do, and why are you doing such and such," and you never failed to answer my questions in a manner that did not make me look like the village idiot. So........

How did you manage to have the number plate done as a "sheet" rather than a metal plate? They obviously look very "official," (read "MOT permitted") and I'd like to know if this is an option for others as well? Certainly makes for better airflow to the radiator I would think.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Hi John,

Thanks for those kind words. It is good to be back in the Esprit world - especially with so many of the same great characters and of course, a few new ones.

The stick on number plates can be sourced easily enough on-line, but despite looking compliant the are still frowned upon and not officially acceptable. 

I had a similar stick on plate on my GT1 replica, but the positioning of that plate was really taking the mickey.... 

DSCF0021.JPG

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

15 hours ago, mike_sekinger said:

Hi John,

Thanks for those kind words. It is good to be back in the Esprit world - especially with so many of the same great characters and of course, a few new ones.

The stick on number plates can be sourced easily enough on-line, but despite looking compliant the are still frowned upon and not officially acceptable. 

I had a similar stick on plate on my GT1 replica, but the positioning of that plate was really taking the mickey.... 

Thanks for the answer to my question, Mike. Yeah, I'd say the number plate position on the GT1 is testing the waters a bit. :lol: On the other hand, it's so much easier to read as the citation is issued.:busted cop:

It appears that you currently have the same m.y. Esprit as I do. I will take this as a good omen, and I am happy to be associated with "the big dogs," if only by chance. For certain it heartens me to know that, should I have any inquiry having to do with my ride, I will know where to turn.

Cheers,

John 

Note the subtle, but tasteful positioning of the Esprit nose in close proximity to the beautiful Texas Purple Sage, the errant cloud floating, just so, in the azure Lone Star sky, the sweep of the pristine parking lot's "redline curve" allegorically drawing one to the hidden potential of the exotic creature at center stage, the commercial sign providing the necessary depth of field reference point, and the utter B.S. being delivered in an attempt to pass off a random mobile pic as a compositional masterpiece.:ermm:

Esprit photo.jpg

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Absolutely goddam stunning Brooke.........it was lovely before you did all the little jobs you mention - now it's just totally stunning. :thumbup:

Hope I can get mine performing & looking as good when the time eventually comes.

Don't sell yours - you will definitely regret it!! :no

I am very conflicted about the sale but thank you for the kind words gents. The other word I have to say is about how Gerald put it together as Alan said it is so taught but also sitting stationary on the m40 in the heat after enjoying the car around Henley and Marlow the water temp Crept from 88-90 and sat there. tMy v8 fluctuates more than this car.  Testament to Gerald/gst!