Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 83 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

As a fan of old 80's tech and have a business which is in this area I am a big fan of the game-console dash on the Lagonda which everyone else seems to hate. The fact it is unreliable to me would be a challenge!

@Andyww how often do you go to the departure lounge Andy? Am abroad so missed this month but planning to go for the September meet. Went last month or month before for the 'best of British' where we were still nearly outnumbered by the American contingent...my Esprit, an Excel and an elan +2 were the only Lotus reps on the day though couldn't find the owners of those. Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

TBH Alton is a bit of a trek from me, so I dont go there regularly. I might not be there next time. The Black Swan car meet is much more local, this Sunday.

Group 5 car, not sure if it is still for sale,  Looks like a batman car,  nice design but colour and wheels  let it down imo, still nice to see these cars still competeing 

Uploaded Images

•  
  •  
lotus-esprit-thundersaloon-gr5-1-dc2252ba2bd4066816f065fc595ea6be.jpeg.36e5c5d560991d6cec977e4d1e65ace2.jpeg

lotus-esprit-thundersaloon-gr5-1-dc2252ba2bd4066816f065fc595ea6be.jpeg

95 kb · Done

• lotus-esprit-thundersaloon-gr5-2-dc2252ba2bd4066816f065fc595ea6be.jpeg.152a82d8cb7bd7c97c30b2ca6ca74f36.jpeglotus-esprit-thundersaloon-gr5-2-dc2252ba2bd4066816f065fc595ea6be.jpeg.152a82d8cb7bd7c97c30b2ca6ca74f36.jpeg
  •  

lotus-esprit-thundersaloon-gr5-2-dc2252ba2bd4066816f065fc595ea6be.jpeg

85 kb · Done

•  
  •  

497298.jpg

176 kb · Done

497298.jpg

• Like 1

A

On 06/08/2018 at 08:23, Chillidoggy said:

Here's another of William Towns' efforts...……………………..

Hustler_H6_-_Flickr_-_exfordy.jpg

Not really, that's one kit car builder's DIY efforts at building this original which is a lot more concept-car-ish;

image.png.ef9a19df5e0a2d6566f198f947c96045.png

William Towns ploughed his own furrow for sure but he gave us some unforgettable designs, and who wants to be the same as everyone else anyway?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

18 minutes ago, GTK said:

Do you have a link for that??

Looks like a cool project.

it was for sale in belgium a couple of months ago... maby its still for sale i dont know

On 14/08/2018 at 00:45, GTK said:

Do you have a link for that??

Looks like a cool project.

I dont see it for sale anymore.

The ad however said the following:

This bizarre Lotus Esprit Thundersaloon has been running in Sweden and Denmark. Respectively in the Thundersaloons and special salons. Engines were Chevy with Kinsler injection and a Hewland FG400 and later BMW V8. Suspensions are from a March F3000, part of it is missing

• Like 1

On 16/08/2018 at 02:14, silverfrost said:

I hope they did not let it leave the factory with those skinny back wheels :P

...and baldy tyre. Must be running slave wheels during assembly.

The staff are showing complete faith in that body hoist!

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

It may of been the fact that the assembly ramps and track line needed to be made wider maybe ?  A question for Mr Kimbers senior i think, would be nice to know,  or maybe the new V8 alloy wheels or tyres had not made it to the factory yet :)

A

Hey guys,

I wonder if anyone knows the details of the rear deck with the 'handhold'?

The picture is of an S3 but I have seen other pictures without that recess. Was it just an aberration (like the 2-slot bonnet) or was it on a specific trim?

I've never seen one of those in the USA.

Lotus Esprit S3 1986 rear.jpg

Edited by CarBuff

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Hi Atwell 

It has been discussed on here before,  it seems some of the early S3 cars did not have the cut out,  it may of been  that the left over bodyshells from the S2 production would of been used on the s3 builds ?  

• Thanks 1

A

Thanks, but I haven't seen the handhold on any USA S2s either.

That is why it piqued my interest (having just returned from the Lotus Owners Gathering in the USA).

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA