Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lottery - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lottery

Bibs

Anyone on here won it, know anyone that's won it?

I played on the first day and don't think I've bought a ticket since. That said, any interest in a TLF Syndicate?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Friend of a friend won around £300k about 15 years ago. For a while they disappeared off the planet and frittered the bulk of it away. Apparently the reason why they vanished was because they didn't want anyone to act weird towards them due to a bit of cash.

Money does funny things to those not used to it.

• Gold FFM

I had 4 numbers the very 1st week it started 20 years ago and not won a dicky since - not that I do it every week an not that I'm a greedy bar steward, I usually wait for the treble rollovers before my pockets are prized open lol. Ex-next door neighbour won £10k on a scratch card when they first started. Only reason I knew of this was The Daily Star newspaper knocked on my door asking if Mr .... lived at this address.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I have a direct debit running for the thunderball.

Although it has a much smaller jackpot - 500k, chances of winning something are 1 in 15. That something is usually just £3 if you have just 1 number but I figured I didnt need millions to change my life - 500k would do it.

We win something most months. Get a text on thursday or sunday morning telling me 'they have news on my ticket - check immediately'  So, I know I have won something, just not what. You can imaging how many times I have spent £500,000 by the time I manage to log in to find its a fiver!! Worth it just for that really.

A syndicate for the main one would be an interesting proposition. After all, they say the hands-down best way to increase your odds of winning, is to enter!! 

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I do it now and again. Won a few quid over time but never a large amount. I tend only to play when there are high jackpots.

:)

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM

Got 5 numbers once.  Our 6th was 26, ball drawn was 28, bonus was 24.  An exciting few seconds!  £992 that, in those days, you had to arrange to collect at the Post Office to a round of applause from PO staff and customers.  Tracy spent the lot on kitchen appliances.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Winning the lottery is essentially my main life strategy! I really ought to play it more regularly.

It must be so hard to believe it if you do win after so many years of disappointment.

I'd be up for a TLF syndicate. I'm pretty sure Lotus cars would be the main beneficiaries!

I play two lines every week I've never had any more than 3 numbers, but my 3 numbers come up quite often so the winnings usually cover the ticket purchases :)

A friend of mine won the 5 + bonus ball on the first UK lottery draw. He only won a few hundred quid though!

Bit weird - I seem to win something every week, sometimes twice. Never buy more than a couple of tickets online for both Lotto and Euro and always, always lucky dip. Won £25 last Saturday following a small win on Friday's Euro. Biggest win was about £600 a few years ago. I have friends who have been doing exactly the same for years and have never won a bean. Nothing, nada, zilch. Given the supposedly random nature of these things, how can this be?

And if I do have the midas touch WHY CAN'T I WIN THE F*****G THE JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I seem to be winning a consolation prize on Best of the Best every week I enter - another £12.80 this week.....

I'd be interested in a syndicate only because I would kick myself if I saw every other Lotus being restored or upgraded and not mine. :-)

cheers

-Chris

• Like 1

Work Aquaintance of mine has won lotto twice here in Oz.  First time $900,000 and the second $1.2 million.  The kind of guy who deserves it really.  His family life expectency is 55 and he's just passed that now with a recent triple bypass.  The last time he won he and his wife were sitting in bed the night before heading off to Europe and their numbers came up.  Went on the trip in peasant class and came back first class.  He bought himself a new car and gave the rest to his kids.

• Like 1

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

In Feb. 2010 I won CDN$500,005.

I got an Elise, my wife got a diamond, a good chunk went to fix the house, which had developed a water leak, and the rest eased the transition into retirement. Oh, and our 2 adult children got some too.

An amount like that is a windfall but it is easily spoken for without being life changing.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM

My wife and I play Saturday lotto here as cost is not exorbitant. If there is a major jackpot, we'll get one of those 12 game random tickets as they have as much chance of winning as your own numbers.

I might be interested in a syndicate. Would still play the one here as well. :)

ps. My cousin and her partner won $1.3 million many years ago and our work syndicate (8 of us) walked away with $7,000 each. Years ago as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

My mother-in-laws ex won around the time they split up. He didn't tell her, funny thing!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2256538/Lotto-winner-scooped-5million-jackpot-runs-luck-stranding-100-000-Bentley-flood-water.html

He played the lottery every week. Did about £20 every time...

He does like motors so I'm sure he'll drive something decent forever, had a 3l Jag S-Type when they split up that I quite liked.

Edited by auRouge

• Gold FFM

5 numbers once plus bonus ball, only to find the ex hand not put it on and it was on every week prior to that, only done a few tims since, like most only when it's a big rollover. 

• 5 months later...

Only ever do the Euromillions, and that only when there's some crazy roll-over. I enjoy the fantasy of what I could do with the money...there's a Hawker Typhoon being restored to flight, could ensure funding for "Bloodhound", Ken Warby in Oz could do with a bit, too. Family and friends ( not talking farcebook, here) would all get well. Charities would benefit...ones I personally subscribe to...probably upgrade my toys, too.

And then I check the results....ah well.

Maybe next time....

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Did the lottery from its inception for a year or two but only ever occasionally won 3 or 4 numbers (<£100) and gave up.  I thought "Whats it for?"  - The answer is basically quite a bit more of what of what I've already got.  But I don't seem to have enough time to exhaust the enjoyment from what's already here, so while more, bigger, faster, whatever, would obviously be nice - I doubt it would make me much happier.  JM2PW 

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny