Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Esprit S4s owner - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Esprit S4s owner

stephenwhyte

Well it's been a long time coming......but at long last I am the lucky owner of an Esprit again. It's the only Mica Yellow Esprit made by Lotus with a Monarch Green interior - Phil Blackburns old car. It's a really lovely example and I'm looking forward to getting it out and showing it off. I've owned an Esprit previously ('86 Esprit Turbo in 2008) and am loving having another.

My plan for the last 3.5 years was to buy a particular low mileage (17,000 miles) '82 Turbo Esprit which has been off the road since 1993. It's a one owner car and is being brought back to life as it's as good as ready (mechanical recommission was what it needed) but the person working on it won't be rushed so I've decided to buy this lovely S4s in the meantime. The plan is to own both, which will be a bit of a financial challenge but would be well worth the effort.

Hope you like the S4s - I think she's going to be a bit of a head turner and looking forward to entering her into her first show at the first Ingliston Revival in a week or so.......sounds like it could be brilliant.

A photo at its new residence after its first wash with Scottish water.......and no it wasn't rain!

image.jpg1_24.jpg

And snuggled up tight (tight being the operative word!) in its new home.....

image.jpg1_25.jpg

Edited by stephenwhyte
  • Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats Stephen an amazing colour combination, I hope to see the car before too long.

Would love an S4s myself.

Enjoy!

:thumbup:

I hope to see the car before too long.

Jonny I'm surprised you can't see it from where you live........it's certainly bright enough!!!!

Edited by stephenwhyte
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Stephen. :welcome:

Very nice looking S4s and even better as it's unique. :thumbsup:

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Hi Jim I haven't taken photos of the interior myself yet as I've a couple of new additional items I'm looking to include first ie. Bottle Green coloured Mats and Alpine Stereo

However here are a couple taken back before I took over ownership of the car.

image.jpg2_7.jpg

image.jpg1_27.jpg

image.jpg3_2.jpg

Edited by stephenwhyte
  • Like 2

If you'd shown me a swatch of that interior colour, I'd have punched you in the face..... but it looks great in the car.... especially with the piping and against that exterior colour.

Excuse me while I punch myself in the face.

• Like 1

Looks good, does it have any past history or connections with Norwich City Football Club?

Aw, I'm missing her now :cry: 

I'm glad she's gone to a good home though & hope you have as much fun driving her as I have for the last 4 years :driving: 

Time for a change for me & have put a deposit down on a TVR Cerbera speed 6, never owned a TVR so had an itch to scratch.

Another one to tick off my bucket list.

Enjoy.

Kind regards, Phil.

• Like 1

Another couple of pics of the car taken today in the sun - what a colour. Really loving this car......to think that I walked away from another yellow one as I just wasn't sure. I'm sure now though

Edited by stephenwhyte

• Gold FFM

When you get one that nice, you can't go wrong. :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Time for a change for me & have put a deposit down on a TVR Cerbera speed 6, never owned a TVR so had an itch to scratch.

Another one to tick off my bucket list.

Enjoy.

Kind regards, Phil.

Not sure I'd have done that Phil, as an ex-S4S man myself - swap one one the best (the best?) handling supercars on the road for a car that I agree sounds superb, but as a Racing Driver friend on mine recently said 'has a horrible knack of trying to combine you with the scenery when you go round bends!'

Love that Esprit, saw it myself and would have readily returned to S4S ownership, but I came up a few £k short.

Enjoy

Edited by Andrew Moore

Loving the look and the colour.  Looking forward to seeing it out at various LEGS meets.  Sorry I'm not at Ingliston.

Has Brian (bingoking) got you on our PM list so you get informed of everything Lotus happening in Jockenese Country?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Al. Stephen has been a member of the forum since 2008 and I am sure he has been on the PM list for most of the time, possibly back to the days when it was the Lotus Esprit Forum

great!  Just didn't recognise the name or car number - obviously not the car!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Loving the look and the colour.  Looking forward to seeing it out at various LEGS meets.  Sorry I'm not at Ingliston.

Has Brian (bingoking) got you on our PM list so you get informed of everything Lotus happening in Jockenese Country?

Hi Allan yes I've been copied in on the emails since 2008 when I had my Turbo, just never got round to getting to a meet back then, but hope to make up for that this time around with the new Esprit?

Edited by stephenwhyte