Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Donald. - Page 22 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Donald.

Advantage

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Someone else hid it. The rotter. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

He really should have his turn with the virus first, then he see if he can find a Fox News spokes-doctor to do the injection.

Kidding aside, we really should be more kind to the mentally challenged...

• 1 month later...

Does it seem weird, that a president who supposedly hates the idea of regulation, suddenly wants to regulate businesses? Could it have anything to with the fact that they've highlighted that he sometimes lies in his comments ( and sometimes simply ignores the facts)? HMMM Maybe there is cause and effect and not just coincidence.

I get that he cites free speech as the driver, but he'd not object to blocking posts if the speech in question were to suggestions of plots of how to assassinate him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52846679

You know what's even sadder than Trump's utterly porous, puerile, prurient, pompous peabrain all topped by a generous layering of guile and misanthropy?  The fact that 60,000,000 Americans will never realize what a pissant they voted for and are prepared to vote for him all over again! (Also our entirely fooked electoral system doesn't help).  And then, you know what's almost (but not nearly) as sad as that?  That the Democratic Party, which I will nonetheless support, didn't muster anybody more appealing than Joe Biden who's a great guy and all that but is older than me!  And I am very old! 

There are no surprises left to come from Trump's behavior.  We know exactly what is "on" (in, or around) his mind all the time.  He tells us what he really wants to do but he doesn't actually tell us what he has done.  He is simultaneously entirely transparent and completely opaque.  What a tragedy for the world at a time like this.  It really hurts to have this on the mind all the time.  So much so that light hearted discussions about frivolities (own a Lotus, like Japanese knives??:)) coupled with eating foods starting with s or i (sushi, steak,  ice cream, Indian food) are the best part of living these days and there isn't much else.  (Well, I guess there's sex but I'm married).

Thinking about the future?  Um...let's not do that unless it's the future of Lotus.  You think I'm kidding? I'm not kidding!  Living here and seeing Trump, hearing Trump, being bombarded with Trump hour after hour will make any normal person mad.  I offer myself as irrefutable evidence of a functional human being  laid to waste by our current state of affairs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'17 Evora 400 MT 

We have the same over here @Loquacious Lew - around 6m ( everything is smaller here than in 'Murica) deluded "fans" of that total muppet Corbyn who I thank the Lord every day that we managed to NOT vote in to the seat of power in the UK. These 6m muppets complain endlessly about BoJo as PM, but my god, if they think things are bad now, then under Corbyn we'd still be sat on the face as he recited those famous lines from Shakespeare:

"to lockdown, or not to lock down. That is the question"

oh bugger, that's a tough one. What will my brother do if he can't go out and protest. Damn, how about:

"to furlough, or not to furlough".

We can't just pay some people to not work and expect others to work. We need to furlough everyone. For a year. On full pay and benefits.  Yes.....  Oh, wait, but who will look after us. Oh bugger...:

"to track and trace, or not to track and trace"?

No. Absolutely not. What about their civil liberties...  And my bloody brother will be tracked on the protests...

By this point it would have been month 4 of inactivity and fence setting. The R number would have been 42 and we'd all be dead.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 01/06/2020 at 18:25, Neal H said:

politicians, good and bad, come and go. Life goes on.

That is some solace. I believe I a, right that Trump can at least only be voted in once more. Over here though, the potential to be stuck indefinitely exists. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

16 hours ago, Colin P said:

That is some solace. I believe I a, right that Trump can at least only be voted in once more. Over here though, the potential to be stuck indefinitely exists. 

Indeed, he can legally only serve two terms but the damage he has  done to the institutional bedrock is already enormous  and another four years would see that tripled.  It's the structural disaster he has foisted on the institutions, (courts, environmental policies, international relationships and just as damaging, the ruination of our dialog)  that is the overriding concern.  Even a change in leadership will not reverse the effects of his hubris and greed for years.  

Via the medium of Kushner, Trump has even threatened to delay the national elections.  He doesn't technically have the legal authority to do that, but he does have the power to significantly alter the dynamics of the election.   I am not heartened by the notion of "only" another four years.  

'17 Evora 400 MT 

I still have faith in the blind prophet Baba Vanga, who died some 25 years ago.

She predicted  that the 44th president of the United States would be African American (tick). However, she also stated that he would be the “last US president”.

So there's hope for us yet.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

14 hours ago, Loquacious Lew said:

Indeed, he can legally only serve two terms but the damage he has  done to the institutional bedrock is already enormous  and another four years would see that tripled.  It's the structural disaster he has foisted on the institutions, (courts, environmental policies, international relationships and just as damaging, the ruination of our dialog)  that is the overriding concern.  Even a change in leadership will not reverse the effects of his hubris and greed for years.  

Via the medium of Kushner, Trump has even threatened to delay the national elections.  He doesn't technically have the legal authority to do that, but he does have the power to significantly alter the dynamics of the election.   I am not heartened by the notion of "only" another four years.  

here is a beacon of joy and hope (not):

If he is re-elected, I will not be the least bit surprised to see a "grassroots" movement spring up to repeal the 22nd Amendment. That is the amendment that was enacted post-FDR to give constitutional status to a presidential term limit.

Otherwise, I agree with the sentiments expressed by  @Loquacious Lew

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Don’t forget folks. He has big hands. 

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Based on the leaked photo, he must have paid Stormy Daniels a small fortune................

Other than that, finishing the topic subject,

"is an idiot."

There. Someone had to say it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

It is a sorry indictment of the state of the world when this question can be asked, but Kanye West or Trump?

• 4 weeks later...

The Donald believes he can hire this guy next, in the rotating staff.

(or at least his cryogenic disembodied  head)

Leary_02.jpg.64d6dbbfc257aa05692175a5d32fd0db.jpg

Edited by comem47